Best ever chart for a writer, yes? Hell no? Probably? (

ejames

This is long, so I'm gonna apologize in advance and wouldn't hold it against you if you skimmed most of it.

72f9e8e87344d2f82dd3508004dfcfaf_zps4531cf4f.jpg

So I'm fairly new to astrology, and the level of accuracy of it and number of times I've read aspects of mine that were basically excerpts from my life has been pretty cool. I'm only 19 if you don't end up looking at my chart, so I'm still in school to be a teacher, but my main goal is to be a famed writer and novelist like every other teenager who reads books these days. I'm actually 1/3 through a book of my own that I have an unhealthy amount of confidence in, but looking over my chart it doesn't at all seem like a pipe dream. I'm just gonna go over some parts of it which I think point that out and I really want to know what other people think of them/my chances and if you agree or not.

So the first thing I noticed is my sun in Gemini the second house, Mercury in Gemini in the third house, mercury in perfect conjunction with fixed star Betelgeuse (supposed to bring easy fame and riches :happy:), and also in loose conjunct with Venus which explains my love of boring, poetic, literary sentences. It's opposed to my moon in midheaven and sextiles Mars in Taurus in 1st house. So I don't think I'm lacking in intellect or love of communication at all, I read every day whenever I have time alone, and I'm definitely one of those people who starts debates and ruffles peoples feathers just for my own amusement.

Second, there's a yod with quincunxes between mercury, Uranus in 10th Capricorn and Pluto in Scorpio in 8th. Uranus sextiles Pluto. There's some positive generational aspects between Pluto, Uranus and Neptune (also in 10th) but I thought this was the most important.

Third, there's another yod with my second house sun quincunx Moon in Capricorn in midheaven and Jupiter in Scorpio in the 7th. My Jupiter is really well aspected but I'll come back to that.

Fourth, my part of fortune sextiles Venus in cancer in the 4th and Jupiter. It also trines my moon in midheaven, but opposes or squares my ascendant.

Fifth, there's a mystic rectangle with my 1st house mars trine moon, sextile Mercury, and in opposition to Jupiter which is somehow positive from what I've read. So that sounds pretty good obviously. I'm not done though.

Sixth, there's a grand water trine with Venus in cancer in IC, Jupiter in the 7th, and Saturn in 12th in Pisces. The Saturn has really shown a lot more than my positive aspects for me up until a few years ago but life has been pretty chillin since then. I feel like I'm really emotionally intelligent but I never get to show it unless I'm helping people with their problems, which I'm good at, but I'm also forced to help myself most of the time ironically.

7th, another grand trine in earth with Mars, my Moon and Chiron in Virgo in the 6th, which is almost in conjunction with my part of fortune. The midpoint of those two is exactly opposite Saturn, but one or both square my sun and quincunxes my ascendant. The two grand trines make like a grand sextile but lopsided and missing 3 sextiles unless you add asteroid Karma, but I thought that was cheating so pretend I never said that one. Basically my interpretation of this sextile is that it's made my life pretty easy and worry free, even when I have marginal things to actually worry about here and there. Only downside is my ego, which is slightly big, but I'm over that so that's not really that bad.

Last, there's no fire signs, all earth and water besides my sun and mercury both in Gemini. I'm not sure what this implies besides me being pretty lazy, unless I'm doing something that'll benefit me like writing might. And I'm completely puzzled by the quintiles, biquintiles, sesquiquadrates and other random aspects. Hopefully someone knows what these may mean? One reading I had done on chaos astrology listed Neptune sesquiquadrate Sun, but I'm not seeing it on here, I probably missed it. What does that in specific mean also?

All in all, I think it's a dope chart. If god exists, and astrology isn't just some sad self delusion I'd probably thank him. But judging from the aspects I listed, what do you think? Would or would this not make a great writer in your opinion?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Artnunymiss

Hey James

I'm also a writer, and I have to say you do have plenty to work with as a writer here. More than any specifics about a Yod or what have you, I look at the fact that you're asking these questions at 19, and are brimming with passion and confidence. From this old lady's seat, that's what it takes. That and writing writing writing.

That said, your Midheaven is at 444, which for me is a win, anytime there's numerical synchronicity. More importantly, your Moon is right there. If you look into some midheaven theory, I think it's called Gauquelin theory, having a planet right on your midheaven is commonly found in famous people. Your moon could definitely put you in the public eye.

You also have a very heavily aspected Mercury, and you're write about that :)

But honestly, your chart is so dynamic that it's hard to distinguish which is your least aspected planet. I like to consider the most aspected planet as the loudest guest at the dinner party, the one who could sit down and be quiet for a more balanced party. Then you'd look for the least aspected one, and find a way to center the conversation on them for a while.

Another thing I did to balance out my own T-square looks like it might work nicely for you as well. It's something you can play with as a writer, imagining yourself feeling and responding differently than you normally do, see what thoughts flow from that.

So what I did just for laughs, I looked at how I'd balance out your chart this way. The thing that leapt off the page for me was 12th house Saturn in Pisces. Have fun with that, son. Treat yourself kindly, that's all I can say. I think by definition you won't be able to get a true sense of what this means in your life until at least after your first Saturn return.

In the meanwhile, let me ask you this. Who would you be if you had Saturn in the 6th house in Virgo? How would your life be different? How might you interact with the world? I've taken the liberty of selecting a Kozminsky symbol, the one directly across from where your Saturn is now.

11º Virgo: A king, seated in a chariot drawn by two stags, throwing coins to some peasants who are singing on the roadside.
Denotes one who is born to honor and who will be esteemed for his goodness of heart and appreciation of effort. The position he gains by perseverance will enable him to do well for the world in many ways. He receives more than he gives, and for all he gives he receives blessings which carry to him a strong and subtle spiritual force which clings to him for eternity, whilst what he has given mixes with the elements. It is a symbol of Charity.

How might your Saturnian drive, influenced by the compassion of Pisces, bring your Moon to the fore if your Saturn were at 11 Virgo in the 6th house? The Moon is your road to fame, that's what brings you to the Midheaven. Seems to me like cultivating charity via Saturn, taking him out of the 12th house, i.e., focusing on others rather than yourself, could fit beautifully with that game plan.

Thanks for sharing your chart.

ejames

Another thing I did to balance out my own T-square looks like it might work nicely for you as well. It's something you can play with as a writer, imagining yourself feeling and responding differently than you normally do, see what thoughts flow from that.

So what I did just for laughs, I looked at how I'd balance out your chart this way. The thing that leapt off the page for me was 12th house Saturn in Pisces. Have fun with that, son. Treat yourself kindly, that's all I can say. I think by definition you won't be able to get a true sense of what this means in your life until at least after your first Saturn return.

In the meanwhile, let me ask you this. Who would you be if you had Saturn in the 6th house in Virgo? How would your life be different? How might you interact with the world? I've taken the liberty of selecting a Kozminsky symbol, the one directly across from where your Saturn is now.

11º Virgo: A king, seated in a chariot drawn by two stags, throwing coins to some peasants who are singing on the roadside.
Denotes one who is born to honor and who will be esteemed for his goodness of heart and appreciation of effort. The position he gains by perseverance will enable him to do well for the world in many ways. He receives more than he gives, and for all he gives he receives blessings which carry to him a strong and subtle spiritual force which clings to him for eternity, whilst what he has given mixes with the elements. It is a symbol of Charity.

How might your Saturnian drive, influenced by the compassion of Pisces, bring your Moon to the fore if your Saturn were at 11 Virgo in the 6th house? The Moon is your road to fame, that's what brings you to the Midheaven. Seems to me like cultivating charity via Saturn, taking him out of the 12th house, i.e., focusing on others rather than yourself, could fit beautifully with that game plan.

Thanks for sharing your chart.

That actually makes a ton of sense, I'm assuming the 6th house is a better placement? But still, it's weird to me that Saturn could be considered such a troublesome planet even when there's lots of positive aspects to it. I'm thinking from what you said, that maybe I could use the darker aspects of my Saturn placement in my writing to draw people in, maybe connect with them through that darkness in a sense? I don't know what it is about reading someone else's pain that can be so therapeutic, but I think that might be a way of doing what you said. There's not many books considered great that aren't at least a little inherently misanthropic or at best sarcastic, maybe skeptically optimistic of people and life, so maybe in that way a bad Saturn placement could be considered helpful for an artist? Just some thoughts, but thanks for such a helpful interpretation.

Artnunymiss

That actually makes a ton of sense, I'm assuming the 6th house is a better placement?

Well, different planets respond differently in different houses and signs, generally. What I'm referring to specifically here is creating balance within *your* psyche, using the current dynamics.

Think of it this way. Have you ever seen bodybuilders that have huge shoulders and chests, and then scrawny legs? Right now (if I recall correctly) your Saturn is like that. Huge and chesty.

So pretending he's the opposite of the way he is, for example imagining him scrawny from the waist up with huge beefy legs, gives you a chance to find your own center, between the two extremes.

But still, it's weird to me that Saturn could be considered such a troublesome planet even when there's lots of positive aspects to it.
Saturn is the greatest planet that nobody wants to deal with :)

Saturn is the police officer who arrests you. Whether you're arrested jaywalking or for murder, depends on your chart.

Saturn is the "school of hard knocks." Definitely makes your life stronger, but getting that diploma is a bear.

Saturn is blood, sweat, and tears, character building experiences.

So yes, there are deeply positive aspects to Saturn, but they're all long-term. The thing about character building experiences, they're funner after they're over.

Saturn is the party pooper. The neighbors call Saturn to tell you to go to bed now, even if you're having a really great time and don't think it should be a problem. Saturn is about being forced to yield, and learn when you must or must not yield, personally.

So Saturn imparts depth of wisdom, by inflicting wounds that will scar.

I'm thinking from what you said, that maybe I could use the darker aspects of my Saturn placement in my writing to draw people in,
Will having lots of police out front draw partygoers? :)

Are you familiar with Saturn return? If not, I recommend looking at some of the resources on this site about it. I discovered astrology right as I was heading into my Saturn return, and I couldn't quite get my bearings until it was pretty much over. You'll have plenty of time to actually be aware of this particular life process and use it to great ends, I have no doubt!

maybe connect with them through that darkness in a sense? I don't know what it is about reading someone else's pain that can be so therapeutic, but I think that might be a way of doing what you said.
Yes, I think it's a beautiful way to create, turning your own pain into art. But especially with writing, nobody wants to hear about it until AFTER you complete the experience and learn your lessons. Nobody wants to read your diary where you complain about all your problems, know what I mean?

The thing is you have that compassionate Pisces, and that is what will really allow you to connect, let other people see how you handled X, Y, Z challenges in your own life. Then maybe they can leverage your experience.

I was specifically referring to developing empathy, though. Cultivating your awareness of empathy as a specific skill in life, and seeing how it plays out. The more empathy you have, the more rapport you can build with readers.

For my money, a writer needs to boldly go to their own closet, open it, take the skeletons out, and write a story about that. Write it in such a way that makes people want to clean their closets, too.

There's not many books considered great that aren't at least a little inherently misanthropic or at best sarcastic, maybe skeptically optimistic of people and life, so maybe in that way a bad Saturn placement could be considered helpful for an artist? Just some thoughts, but thanks for such a helpful interpretation.
I wouldn't think of any placement as "bad." Think of it this way. Look at the line below:

----------------

Okay, the usual thing is to look at the line itself. A "bad" thing is below the line, and a "good" one is above it. Actually, all three things exist at the same time; above, below, and the doorway, the line itself. People think conditions are "bad" when they're not looking at the full presentation. ;)

And yes, you're spot on. Going through your Saturn stuff, and the lessons you learn by getting knocked down and laughed at, those are the things that will help you connect with others and help them see their own strengths, and how they can meet their challenges.

I'm delighted that you have so much enthusiasm and energy. Your chart is sparkling, too. The hardest thing may be to develop patience, it's so exciting to be young and inspired.

If you would like, please email me. I will be happy to share with you some of the book that I'm writing. I'd look forward to your critiques, even. Though you could certainly get a feel for what I'm talking about -- Saturn has beaten me bloody more than once. My book is a memoir about being a person with PTSD and then discovering at age 50 that I am autistic.

I also have another writer friend, we have formed a sort of working group as writers, because we communicate well and have similar goals. Your goals in writing I think are loftier than average, I quite like it. Makes me happy to see young people thinking this way. I don't know if you've ever heard of Indigo Children, but I'll bet you are one.

Anyway, my friend recently asked me to support him in his writing in a way that will be difficult for me due to my autism, but you may be able to work with us too, if you'd like. Let me know!

Artnunymiss

Hey, wow, I just noticed. 11 Virgo, that's where my Pluto is. So my Pluto is directly opposition your Saturn. That's a direct hit.

I find this site extremely pithy for the sort of thing you're looking to understand. Check out the description of Saturn/Pluto contact generally:

http://depthastrology2.com/SaturnPluto2.html

Then his/her description of Saturn Opposition Pluto (the dynamic between you and I!)

http://depthastrology2.com/SaturnPluto2.html#SaturnopposedPluto

It's the same exact concept I discussed above, about pretending you have 11 Virgo Saturn, to balance out your Saturn like a body builder.

Artnunymiss

Actually, now that I stopped and looked at this again, curiouser and curiouser. I'm actually going to post my chart, in case you want to look at what I'm talking about. I just noticed that you and I have Saturn Opposition Pluto, which is also in my natal chart.

Your Saturn is 1o away from my Moon at 10o Pisces. My Saturn is at 4o Pisces, nicely conjunct. You have an opportunity here to learn from my scar tissue, if you'd like. It will help me learn more about this :saturn: :opposition: :pluto: thorn in my life. In fact it just did! I'm getting much more robust insight into Pluto by way of this conversation.

Attachments

• my natal chart.jpg
    my natal chart.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 21

Artnunymiss

Saturn/Mercury celebrity example

James,

Just for fun, check out the chart of hockey player Cam Neely, who is now President of the world's greatest team, the Boston Bruins

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Cam_Neely

Cam Neely has a T square very much like mine, with Saturn in Pisces, which you and I share. He's also very Mercurial -- a versatile, quick thinking, witty guy. Sharp-witted enough to rise to the very top of his hockey team, and also a complete goofball.

Neely has the Sun, north node, Jupiter, and Mercury all huddled together acting like your Saturn! So I won't get derailed on that. He also doesn't have anywhere near the Scooby snacks either you or I have.

But if you look at how Neely can be observed dealing with some of the stressors of his intensely dynamic chart, his Saturn has a friend -- Neptune. In fact, Neptune is trying to make nice-nice with all of the problem children.

In Neely's chart, Neptune naturally acts as the sort of spoiler I'm asking you to build for yourself, because you don't have a planet there. Across from your Saturn. See how Neely's Neptune gives that Nightmare in Gemini somewhere to release pressure?

So Neely does oddball stuff like appear on Rescue Me, as hockey playing firefighter Mungo Monahan, who shows up at a hockey game against the police so he can beat the **** out of all of them. I don't know if you follow hockey at all, but Neely is One Hell of a Man. He's got to be a locomotive in person, I can only imagine. But what a goofball! He's a hall of famer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEnvd1ltCDs

Okay, that might seem more Martian, aggression and bullying, or Uranian, not wanting to follow rules. And he's the poster boy of Gemini, so loves to get out and do different things. He also appears in two more scenes in the movie Dumb and Dumber, as psycho truck driver Seabass. One of them was too dark for the final cut, it's a deleted scene.

Here's the first one. Now, note the trucker cap he's wearing in this scene -- classic Neptune, a dirty trucker with a nasty hat on. How hilarious that this is an alter ego of Cam Neely! You should see his angelic children LOL But the guy does have Neptune in Scorpio, as the spoiler for an incredibly fierce T-square.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yab9fyO3M14

I would post the link to the scene that illustrates this perfectly but some may take offense, it's extremely dark. Incredibly hilarious IMHO, gobsmackingly shocking, and FUN-NEE!!! Jim Carrey has it posted on his YouTube page, search "Lloyd and Seabass Toilet Scene."

The thing is, that very dark scene in the bathroom is pure Neptune, and he is *awesome* in it. The fact that he can not take himself seriously, to that amazing degree, that's his pressure valve. That enables him to take his butt-kicking cluster of planets and make it work. He has outlets for his deepest, weirdest ideas. And because of all his get up and go from the big fat T-square, and his charm and warmth and versatility, he has the connections to make things happen.

And not for nothing -- that Saturn looks pretty darn good on a guy my age. And it should be noted, he has an entirely different face now that he works in the back office than he did as a player. Being Cam Neely is all fun and games, until it's time to fill out the workers' comp paperwork. Just saying.

So that's how Saturn can turn into an amazing resource, when you use it like Neely does, to show up day after day and fight the good fight with your last breath. He's got balance naturally, you have to create balance. But you have many more boons than he does.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: