Real Estate in a Natal Chart?

RockFish

Hi peeps,

I'd like to know if anyone here is aware of positions, aspects and configurations which would indicate vast real estate property and general success in the business (not as worker in a realty company, but as owner of real estate that profits from rents, buying, selling, etc).

A friend wants to buy a commercial place in order to rent it, and says she will pursue more of such businesses if this one goes right, so, she asked me if there is anything in her chart indicating success in real estate business. And then I realized that I never actually studied the topic..... :pouty:

Surely I took a look at the 4th house and the lord of 4th, but I'd like to know if anyone here knows of other important points I should pay attention to. I was considering that maybe lords of 4th and 10th in good aspect would indicate success with realty as business, but that is a total guess. Or maybe 10th house lord in the 4th, or 4th house lord in the 10th? What about profit prospects of rented property? How to see that in a chart?

waybread

RockFish, I think you're on the right track. I would also look at the 2nd house, because you want to make sure she's good at managing money. If this is an investment involving other people's money; then the 8th house as well.

You might also consider derived houses if the 4 houses indicated so far don't tell the story. For example if the 4th house is real estate, then the 5th house (money=2nd house) from the 4th would indicate money from real estate. The 11th house (the 2nd from the 10th) should indicate money earned from a business.

Last edited:

Tanne

I agree with all of the above. I would look at the zodiacal state of the Lord of the 4th and see the aspects that it is making too. Also, what about the dispositor of the Lord of the 4th - what is its zodiacal state and where is it?

Kannon

Rockfish,

An horary set for the moment she asked the question might give a more definite answer (I don't know if you made note of the time or have an email with time stamp). Sometimes natal charts will actually give false answers on such things, but an horary set for the moment a question is asked is very unlikely to do so.

RockFish

Thanks peeps!

Hi Waybread, 2nd house looks very good with Jupiter there in Cancer, ruled by Moon in Pisces in the 10th, I think this is why she wants to try her hand with realty, this Moon in the 10th, maybe this indicates "house as business". :happy:

Hi, Tanne, dispositor of the lord of 4th is Jupiter in the 2nd. The lord of 4th is not very strong (Mercury in Sagit, 7th house), but the dispositor is. Would that be enough? 5th house ruler is not strong either (Venus Scorpio 6th house).... I don't know, I think there are good chances, but it's not an optimal configuration... But well, who knows if there is such a thing as "optimal configuration", innit? so far, I think she could very well try it.

Hi Kannon, unfortunately I don't have a time for a horary. :unsure: But she's got strong 2nd and 10th positions.

Thanks again peeps :)

Tanne

Jupiter is exalted and Succedent - so it is fairly strong. Mercury is in detriment and Angular - so it too is fairly strong. I don't know the degrees but Cancer and Sag are inconjunct so Mercury has to adjust to Jupiter. She will need to take this into consideration with regard to property.

RockFish

Here's Donald Trump's chart, for a bit of practice.

He's one of America's five richest realty moguls:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Trump,_Donald

Lord of 4th is Mars in the 1st house, domiciled, in Leo. Looks good.

Lord of 2nd is Mercury in the 11th in Cancer (money from business, right? Since 11th is second from the 10th).

Amazingly, 10th ruler is venus in the 12th, conjunct Saturn no less; if I didn't know this is Trump's chart, I'd never in a million years think this is the chart of a massively rich person... Whoever said Venus-Saturn contacts indicate poverty should reconsider.

RockFish

Hey, thanks Tanne.

So, do you think a planet in detriment is not bad at all?

The degrees are 4 cancer for Jupiter, 14 for Mercury, not in aspect.

I'll ask for her permission to post the chart. Maybe I have the next realty mogul as my friend and astro client, woot. :biggrin:

dr. farr

Mercury at 14 Cancer is in an elevated degree: elevated degrees were considered to have an "exalting effect" on any planet (or Lot) posited in them (the ancient use of pitted and elevated degrees as an important tool in delineation was forgotten after the re-direction of Western astrology during and following the Enlightenment)

waybread

Thanks peeps!

Hi Waybread, 2nd house looks very good with Jupiter there in Cancer, ruled by Moon in Pisces in the 10th, I think this is why she wants to try her hand with realty, this Moon in the 10th, maybe this indicates "house as business".

:)

Rockfish, be sure also to look at aspects of any planets in the above-mentioned houses. A square to Jupiter from Neptune, for example, could indicate a propensity to over-extend in the belief that "something will turn up."

RockFish

Mercury at 14 Cancer is in an elevated degree: elevated degrees were considered to have an "exalting effect" on any planet (or Lot) posited in them (the ancient use of pitted and elevated degrees as an important tool in delineation was forgotten after the re-direction of Western astrology during and following the Enlightenment)

Hi, Dr. Farr, actually Mercury is in 14 Sagittarius in the friend's chart, I didn't make it clear in my reply to Tanne, sorry.

Kannon

Rockfish, you really need to display a chart for the person/matter in question for us to give intelligent replies. SHOW us, don't tell us.

The widely-used chart for Trump is off. Take at my comparison thread Donald Trump and Richard Branson. Trump's chart, like Branson's, almost requires a 4th-10th interception (cast in Placidus), but especially Pluto conjunct Asc. When there are no planets in the 4th and/or 10th, you can be assured that the correct chart of a real estate mogul has both those features or something powerfully equivalent.

However, the Venus-Saturn aspect shouldn't be surprising. Bill Gates has it as well.

RockFish

I know, but I need her permission, which I didn't get yet.

Besides, i'd like this thread to be a discussion of the general aspects connected to real estate dealings, not a reading of a sole person's chart.

It might be of some use for people in the future.

Thanks!

dr. farr

Hi, Dr. Farr, actually Mercury is in 14 Sagittarius in the friend's chart

For the very few of us who still give credence to the old time "pits and elevations" in delineation, Mercury being in 14 Sagittarius puts Mercury into a pitted degree, an exact opposite influence than if it had been elevated at 14 Cancer.

estrella

I think you're already on the right track and everyone has given you solid advice so far. The 2nd and 4th houses are going to be important. Also the 8th if she's borrowing money. The 11th can represent money accumulated through business dealings. A couple of things though.......there are Arabic parts you can throw in for an extra bit on information. There is the Part of Inheritance, Legacy and Real Estate (even though she may not be inheriting, no doubt any real estate she accumulates will be an inheritance for someone). Also there is the Part of Commerce and Business. Of course there is also her Part of Fortune to look at. Checking those out could shed some extra light on the situation.

Also, look at Saturn in her chart. Saturn represents structures, social and metaphorical, but also literally in the form of buildings and real estate. It also has alot to do with business and landholding.
Check out her Jupiter. You mentioned the word "vast" in your first post. It seems that she is thinking about getting into real estate on a large scale. Jupiter is all about expansion, speculation, and doing things big.