got lucky in career? (advice please ^^)

So 1 week ago I met one old professor in field of law (I am student of law faculty). It was just random talk and than he told me that if I want job I should call him, so he promised that he will help in terms of law job me and give me his contacts. I am really interested if this contact will bring me benefit and I really can start working in the law field, because its very hard to find something in foreign country. I did not reply back yet, because I want to get to know his publications first. What do u think?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_will_my_contact_will_be_profitable_hr.66869.85927.jpg
    astro_2gw_will_my_contact_will_be_profitable_hr.66869.85927.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

waybread

Sometimes an entry-level job is worth pursuing: not because it pays well, but because it gives you experience and contacts for networking. When you ask "Will my contact be profitable?" I assume you mean, will it pay well.

It's hard to say which house would represent a professor's contacts, so I used the generic 7th house. Money from such a contact would be an 8th house matter (2nd house from the 7th.) (We could also use the 10th house for a professor, and his contacts would be the 11th from the 10th, or radix 8th house.) Or we could look at your 2nd house. Whichever way I look at this, Mars and Venus are the major significators.

Mars in Gemini is lacking essential dignity. Venus (you) is exalted in Pisces, so you do have some strength. Venus receives Mars, which is in its own triplicity in her sign of Pisces, so you seem to be receptive to the offer. Venus has passed its aspect (a square) with Mars. However, the moon (your emotional stake in the matter) makes an exact square with Mars. The square suggests contact, but either the matter not working out well, or happening only with difficulties.

I don't think it would hurt to follow through on the professor's offer of assistance, but I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up too high.

hey, thanks for answering <3 no, i dont mean the material profitability. I just want to know if I really can get a job or internship, with profitability I mean if this contact really gives me a chance and if its a reall offer...

JUPITERASC

So 1 week ago I met one old professor in field of law (I am student of law faculty). It was just random talk and than he told me that if I want job I should call him, so he promised that he will help in terms of law job me and give me his contacts. I am really interested if this contact will bring me benefit and I really can start working in the law field, because its very hard to find something in foreign country. I did not reply back yet, because I want to get to know his publications first. What do u think?
Sometimes an entry-level job is worth pursuing: not because it pays well, but because it gives you experience and contacts for networking. When you ask "Will my contact be profitable?" I assume you mean, will it pay well.

It's hard to say which house would represent a professor's contacts, so I used the generic 7th house. Money from such a contact would be an 8th house matter (2nd house from the 7th.) (We could also use the 10th house for a professor, and his contacts would be the 11th from the 10th, or radix 8th house.) Or we could look at your 2nd house. Whichever way I look at this, Mars and Venus are the major significators.

Mars in Gemini is lacking essential dignity. Venus (you) is exalted in Pisces, so you do have some strength. Venus receives Mars, which is in its own triplicity in her sign of Pisces, so you seem to be receptive to the offer. Venus has passed its aspect (a square) with Mars. However, the moon (your emotional stake in the matter) makes an exact square with Mars. The square suggests contact, but either the matter not working out well, or happening only with difficulties.

I don't think it would hurt to follow through on the professor's offer of assistance, but I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up too high.
hey, thanks for answering <3 no, i dont mean the material profitability. I just want to know if I really can get a job or internship, with profitability I mean if this contact really gives me a chance and if its a reall offer...
I'm no expert - and astrological opinions tend to vary :smile:

so would be useful if you would say
what in your view the significators for your question are
once we establish that
then we can read the chart

Frankly speaking I dont know, well my sign is venus I am sure, and I dont know which house is for professor, I saw him only once and we had just proffesional talking. for career maybe second house and ninth house, because right now i study law in a foreign country

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Assigning Significators in Horary :smile:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1a.html

• The person who asks the question is called the querent.
  • The querent is always primarily signified by the planet that rules the ascendant.
  • The condition of the 1st house, any planets in the 1st house
  • and the Moon will also help to describe the querent and his or her circumstances.

• The person or issue asked about is called the quesited.
  • It is described by the house that naturally governs that matter
  • and it is signified by the planet that rules the cusp of that house.
  • Again, you will want to consider any other planets located in that house
  • as offering further descriptive information, but
  • you only have one main significator for the quesited, and
  • that is the planetary ruler of the sign on the cusp.

• The Moon is a general significator for the whole situation.
  • It may be helping to represent the querent
  • or describing surrounding circumstances, or
  • it could be describing the movement of events
  • or deeply related issues
  • that may not be immediately apparent from the question.
  • It always demands some attention.

Chrysalis

Libra on asc, is apt for you working in Law. Venus is in good dignity by exaltation in pisces, and venus by sect is the most positive planet in a night chart, L10/moon goes to venus. It looks good to me.

waybread

Libra on asc, is apt for you working in Law. Venus is in good dignity by exaltation in pisces, and venus by sect is the most positive planet in a night chart, L10/moon goes to venus. It looks good to me.

Girl from Mountains, I think you are in a strong position, but the question is whether this offer will actually work out for you. For that we need to know the quesited.

For your career, I would use the 10th, ruled by the moon. The moon applies to a conjunction with Venus, so I would now give your question a "yes."

Again, this may be a good career move in terms of variables other than income.

LushBomb

Hi there :)

You are represented by (Libra) Venus in this equation, which describes your position in the legal field as well (Libra rules professions in law).
I would select 9th house to read for your professor who therefore, is represented by (Gemini) Mercury. 9th house rules the teaching profession (particularly those who work in higher education).
Income from this man would be 2nd from 9th, so 10th. I'll probably take a look at 11h (3rd from 9th) too, as this house rules business & communications.

Significators fall into 5th house. I'm taking this as an indication of your speculation as to the profitabilty of your potential relationship. You would essentially be gambling the time you would invest in a job for the potential prize of income, business contacts, and career opportunities. I'll assume that its not an indication of romance or children :p Especially since you called him old hehe

Moon just changed signs into Pisces (fruitful). Right away I see Venus (you) exalted in Pisces conj Mercury (professor) in detriment in Pisces. That says to me pretty clearly that your association with this professor will benefit you much more than your association will benefit him. Mercury in detriment doesnt produce the best possible results, so you may not land crazy big-fish contacts from this guy. That said Mercury is conjunct Neptune in Pisces, so I feel that helps somewhat. Neptune cuts others a better deal than himself, in Pisces he is the ultimate giver. The conjunction is direct, 0°14'. He definitely wants to help you. He may not be able to help a whole lot or as much as he would like.

Mercury is also receiving a square from Jupiter (from your 3h communications) who expands everything he touches. As the great benefic a square from Jupiter isn't so bad and more indicates trouble controlling something for its size. Perhaps he connects you with so many people it's hard to tell which contacts are truly valuable? Mercury is not in fall (19°) so the association won't harm him, it seems.
To summate: He helps you out, potentially a little, potentially a lot. The desire to help is there. Jupiter is wanting to expand in the realm your third house of communications through this man. Some energy to this end may be either semi-blocked or hard to control, or both at times.

Moon will pass over Venus, Mercury, and Neptune (in his own domicile) before leaving the sign of Pisces, so certainly not VOC.

10h cusp lands in the final degrees of Cancer, fruitful. Moon's NN is applying direct conj to MC in 5°21'.

11h cusp Virgo. Virgo ruled by Mercury, rules business. I find it interesting that that turned 3rd (business/communications coming from the quesited) is your 11th house of hopes and wishes, groups and large organizations

Timing
Moon applying direct conj to Mercury in 15°02'
Pisces, mutable: medium time frame
In 5th house, succedent house: medium time frame
I'm seeing this as 15 weeks, 2 days. About 3.5 months.
Perhaps a little sooner, when Moon conjuncts Venus and activates Mercury through V conj M connection.

I don't want to give you false hope but to me this seems like an important contact for you to make.
To me, chart says it will pay off, perhaps not immediately in money or in enormously profitable contacts, but rather by bringing you closer to your NN's purpose to which your career seems to be the (current) path.

I'm new to timing but I'd say something important to the direction of your career (and life) will occur 3-3.5 months into your association with this man.

Edit: It'd be great if you could keep us updated on your decision & how things turn out. I wish you all the best luck!!

Last edited:
guys, Yesterday I had an interviwe with him, and I think it went well. The problem was my visa, but anyway I think it was okey. He told me that during a week he will contact me. I casted a chart today, but its a little weir, all planets are in 12 house... any ideas? Will he hire me?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_will_he_hire_me_hr.19841.73757.jpg
    astro_2gw_will_he_hire_me_hr.19841.73757.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 47

LushBomb

[deleted delineation, unnecessary-- girlfrommountains confirmed getting the job 2 months and 4 days from the date of original post (on 06.07.19) in this thread https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127074.]

:) I'm glad the events materialized and 1 month sooner than I had predicted too! I believe the reason for this is because I chose the Moon as the timing indicator when I should have chosen Venus. Venus and Mercury conjunct in 9 degrees, 44 minutes, and ; 06.02.19 is exactly 9 weeks from the date of the post (04.02). The 4 extra days (03, 04, 05 ,06, 07) seems to be accounted for by the minutes (44) between Venus and Mercury. Amazingly accurate timing symbolism!!

A big congratulations to Girlfrommountains, I wish you well!

Last edited: