Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 03-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Should I buy this house?

The house belongs to a friend's mom. Its small and not in a great neighborhood so its quite cheap. I'd be buying, probably in cash, with an inheritance (moon in 8th house) my grandmother received and is splitting between her grandkids.

The reason I want to buy the house is because my friend would like to move there and rent it. I'd like to know if its a good idea for two reasons. One, if I would make a profit. I'd be asking for less than I could since he's a friend. Two, he wants a romantic relationship with me, and I'm not interested. He knows this, but insists on staying friends. I'm worried what will happen if I start dating someone. Will he trash the house? Move out? He's a good guy so I doubt he would do anything to hurt me, but I could see it making things awkward.

What if he can't stay or move there? Will I be able to find someone else to rent it?

Anything anyone can see would be a help.

Unread 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM

Re: Should I buy this house?

Hi, I'm just a beginner in horary but I think you have too many questions to get an answer to all of them in one chart.

A house is a big purchase and if the only reason you're thinking of buying it is so this problematic friend could rent it from you, that seems to be taking a big chance on a really iffy situation.

Asking for less rent than you would otherwise because this guy is a friend cuts into your profit right there.

My advice on the house would be to 1) not buy it at all, or 2) buy it but rent it to somebody else, for full price. Renting to this person sounds like a really problematic situation.

As for the horary chart, maybe do another one with one straightforward question, like, "Should I rent to my friend?"

That's just my opinion ... as I said, I'm a beginner. :-)
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:10 PM

don't ask another question. this one is fine, just repost with Regiomontanus houses.
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:18 PM

actually, you don't need to repost anything.

you are represented by Mars in Pisces the fourth. Moon in Cancer in the eighth. given the nature of the inheritance the eighth house signification doesn't concern me as much as it might otherwise.

my struggle here is looking at Jupiter as ruler of the fourth (the house). it's in detriment and being disposited by a planet (Mercury) in detriment and fall. the place is absolutely not worth investing in.

the sixth would show any tenants you might have. we have Venus as ruler of the 6th. Venus is cadent, peregrine and under the sun's beams. your tenant would feel no real connection to the place and may not treat it well, probably because it's not really a solid place.

I'd take your money elsewhere.

Tags
house