A natives wealth

Senecar

Because, in the past history, mind was usually equated with soul, which has its own entity, and flies into heaven for afterlife world.

Recently, most people don't believe in that concept of mind, unless deeply religious. But mind is more seen as function of biological entity = brain, and has motivation, desires, different emotions and reasonings i.e. ability to think in logical ways etc.

There are many diiferent schools of philosophy looking at mind from different angles, so it is not that all simple to say, well this is mind. :)

Ada

It feels like chemistry class. Degreees, houses, transitions etc etc seemed too alien. I think it would take years for me to understand charts, especially wealth in the chart ( I truly want to learn though to play lottery :))) )

Good input by everyone though. Thank you all for the discusssion.

JUPITERASC

It feels like chemistry class.
Degreees, houses, transitions etc etc seemed too alien.
I think it would take years for me to understand charts, especially
wealth in the chart ( I truly want to learn though to play lottery :))) )
Good input by everyone though. Thank you all for the discusssion.
a willingness to study is important
BENJAMIN DYKES translation simplifies these concepts :smile:
webpage at https://www.bendykes.com/

JUPITERASC

His books are not for people whose bank accounts are empty :)
BENJAMIN DYKES has spent years
translating traditional texts previously unavailable in English :smile:
so the prices are reasonable
if you cannot afford ANY of the books then

Introduction to Traditional Astrology lecture costs $4.99

covers eight major differences in technique, attitude, and approach

which distinguish traditional astrology from modern types. (Length 38:20, 18MB).
https://www.bendykes.com/product/introduction-to-traditional-astrology/

JUPITERASC

Ada

BENJAMIN DYKES has spent years
translating traditional texts previously unavailable in English :smile:
so the prices are reasonable
if you cannot afford ANY of the books then

Introduction to Traditional Astrology lecture costs $4.99

covers eight major differences in technique, attitude, and approach

which distinguish traditional astrology from modern types. (Length 38:20, 18MB).
https://www.bendykes.com/product/introduction-to-traditional-astrology/

Well i cannot invest the money in that right now is the right word I think, tight budget and have to be careful. Thank you for the alternative website, as always you are full of information. I should just read Bob or follow and I think I would be fine ( joking).

Thank you again.

JUPITERASC

Hello guys, just came across this site: https://af.cpptea.com/astrofox.php?dat=1996012112400020202800144490013221&name=R&loc=Rantepao%20(Indonesia)

I had sun in detriment position and mercury rx combust. :crying: ,
but lot of wealth (29°capricorn) is near my sun 0°Aquarius.
So what is that mean guys?

Additional: my jupiter cap is in fall and sextile venus, I should be careful with female.
Seems an excellent traditional astrology software program site :smile:
would be useful if you are able to post the chart they calculated
as it is necessary to view the chart
in order to make relevant comment

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

that does not show Part of Fortune as being conjunct Sun :smile:

Part of Fortune is shown in First House in Gemini
if you look at the chart

I'm not sure but they said this:

Oh I thought part of fortune and part of almuten is different. And opposite to the jupiter? Jupiter lord appear to be my descendant.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

The Almuten will give you hints at how you acquire whatever wealth you might get, through your own labor, through inheritance, through luck, through your own wit and cunning and skill, through arts and crafts and other Venusian things and so on, through leadership and command ability (like running your own business or running someone else's business) or other Martian things and so on.

Acquiring through mercury then?

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure but they said this:

Oh I thought part of fortune and part of almuten is different.
And opposite to the jupiter?
Jupiter lord appear to be my descendant.
the part of fortune and the almuten ARE different

If you look at that chart you posted
the symbol for the Part of Fortune is in Gemini :smile:
at 24 degrees Gemini
that is also written on the Basic Data table
which is directly below the chart on the website page you linked to

the following is example of the symbol for the Part of Fortune

part-of-fortune.jpg

SunConjunctUranus

the part of fortune and the almuten are different

If you look at that chart you posted
the symbol for the Part of Fortune is in Gemini :smile:
at 24 degrees Gemini
that is also written on the Basic Data table
which is directly below the chart on the website page you linked to

the following is example of the symbol for the Part of Fortune

part-of-fortune.jpg

So where is the Almuten? How to calculate it?

They said almuten figuris is in 29° cap so that would be conjunct my sun

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So where is the Almuten? How to calculate it?
They said almuten figuris is in 29° cap
so that would be conjunct my sun
They said Saturn is your almuten figuris :smile:
and
it is SAN (last new/full moon)
that is approximated to: 29°
co.png
11' 3.09"

Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine
where one planet according to certain calculations applied,
receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.
Robert Zoler had applied the term AlmuteM

instead of AlmuteN
in order to differentiate
the Lord of the Chart
from
the Lord of certain house or place in the natal chart
such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

The word Almutes is an Arabian word which means 'Winner'.

Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places.
Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

JUPITERASC

04-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Omnisphericus
user_offline.gif

Almutem Figuris https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49000
I was asked in private message to explain the method of calculating the Almutem Figuris of the chart, so I thought that since this is new forum (traditional astrology) it would be better to open a thread here and explain the method publicly where we can all discuss it.

Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine where one planet according to certain calculations applied, receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.
Robert Zoler had applied the therm AlmuteM instead of AlmuteN in order to differentiate the Lord of the Chart from the Lord of certain house or place in the natal chart such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places. Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

The method which we'll use here I call Ezra/Zoller method.
Arabian Astrologer Ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) was the first (as far as we at this moment are aware) to explicitely wrote about calculating the Almutem Figuris.

In his writings Zoller trace the beginnings of this Almutem Figuris and he found it in the writings of Iambichus (c. 245–c. 325) who was Syrian neo-platonic philosopher who wrote also about Astrology in his writings.
Iambicus in his work "Theurgy or on the mysteries of Egypt" speaks about the thing how one can change his fate. He speaks that he can do that through Theurgy and through personal relationship with the Lord of the Geniture of which he (Iambichus) only says that can be known through Astrology, but he didn't explained the method.
Zoller, tracing back the Ibn Ezra's ancestry, through the Sabaeans and his teachers (Mashallah and other) all the way to the first centuries where this doctrine was thought. Because of that line Zoller thinks that the Lord of the Geniture of which Iambichus speaks in his writings is in fact the Almutem Figuris of the Ibn Ezra.

Iambichus speaks (through the name of Porphyry) about the Peculiar Daimon, that is some kind of an Guardian Angel and it is conected to the personal soul but its not the same
Here's what Iambichus says in his Theurgy:
This [daimon] therefore is present as an exemplar before the souls descend into the realm of generated existence. As soon as the soul chooses him for leader the [daimon] immediately comes into charge of completing of its vital endowments and when it descends into the body it unites with the body and becomes the guardian of it common living principle. He likewise directs the the private life of the soul and
whatever the conclusions we may arrive at by inference and reasoning he himself imparts to us the principles."

Zoller about the Almutem Figuris says that it is equally as powerful as all the other planets taken together."

Benjamin Dykes (great student of Zoller) says about Almutem Figuris:
"Almutem Figuris, a powerful planet in the natal figure whose spirit or angel acts as the native's special link to the Divine. The Almutem Figuris is a spiritual astrological delineation, similar to but not the same as Lilly's the "Lord of the Geniture." But like Lilly (and Plato), the Almutem Figuris was taken to affect the native's thoughts, beliefs and character. Spiritual enlightenment can demand that we open our eyes to this particular planet and use it to access the Divine. Significantly, this is a function that many modern astrologers now attribute to the sun sign." (In his article on Happiness).

The method of calculation

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun
- Moon
- Ascendant
- Part of Fortune
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

For the planet in 1st house you add 12 points.
10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart!

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

The free traditional astrology software - Morinus (google it), calcualte the Almutem Figuris. You can find this option by typing F3. But I should warn you that in that calculation is included some adding of points according to the planets phases. Zoller did not mention any kind of phases calculation so at this moment I'm not aware why the author of the software did included that.

But the best way and more enjoyable is to calculate it with your own hand. You will be familiar with the chart more deeply if you do this calculations with your own hand as the older astrologers did.
And if you must use the Morinus software than subtract the phases scores and you will get the Almutem Figuris right. All else is the same calculation as the Ezra/Zoller method.

Zoller gives short discriptions for every planet being Almutem Figuris:

Sun:
"If the Almuten figuris is the Sun, the native will want to lead, express his creative power and be recognized."

Moon:
"If the Moon, s/he will want to care for, be cared for, eat and make love, dream"

Mercury:
"If it is Mercury, s/he will be diligent in the sciences, business and communications"

Venus:
"Id it is Venus s/he will be a lover of beauty, of music, of men and women etc."

Mars:
"If it is Mars, s/he will fight in order to dominate"

Jupiter:
"If it is Jupiter, s/he will philosophize and teach"

Saturn:
"If it is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.""
Last edited by Omnisphericus; 04-18-2012 at 03:02 AM.

SunConjunctUranus

They said Saturn is your almuten figuris :smile:
and
it is SAN (last new/full moon)
that is approximated to: 29°
co.png
11' 3.09"

Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine
where one planet according to certain calculations applied,
receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.
Robert Zoler had applied the term AlmuteM

instead of AlmuteN
in order to differentiate
the Lord of the Chart
from
the Lord of certain house or place in the natal chart
such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places.
Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

Okay but the aspect of part of fortune opposite jupiter seems to be bright especially jupiter lord is in the 7H.

Suffering adversity?????

Last edited: