Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Exalted Uranus in scorpio

Hello,

Anyone experience with Uranus who's exalted in Scorpio? In my chart it also appears in 12th house.

This is very difficult position for me to stay grounded and not be too dreamy. Also I absorb emotions of others like a sponge, which is really irritating.

Besides I have Neptune in 1st house ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chart.jpg (63.9 KB, 6 views)

Unread 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM
may28gemini

Re: Exalted Uranus in scorpio

i have it in 2nd house. i don't quite get why scorpio would be exalted in wonky uranus. i would think libra to balance or gemini to fluidly allow the crazy genius to flow would make more sense.

anyway, uranus in 2nd creates strange and unexpected "fortune." it also creates periods of highs and lows as far as money is concerned... in a scary unhinged sort of way. well i don't know, i don't find it scary but think it's more fun. most people think it's scary because i live off the edge in the financial sense. i've taken a lot of trips where i stay in a city for 2 weeks and i lived off of $100. i'm guessing scorpio uranus in 2nd makes the person ingenious when it comes to money.
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
i don't quite get why scorpio would be exalted in wonky uranus. i would think libra to balance or gemini to fluidly allow the crazy genius to flow would make more sense.
My understanding is that exaltation for the outer planets is still experimental at this point in time, and rulerships aren't much farther ahead. Anyway, Scorpio is considered one of the "scientific" signs (the others being Aquarius and Virgo). Aquarius has already been associated with Uranus, and Virgo is all booked up. Placing the exaltation of a "scientific" planet in the last remaining "scientific" sign would seen to make as much sense as anything. Personally, I don't include exaltation for Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, and I'm on the fence about their rulerships since the traditional rulers seem to work just fine.
good4life (08-17-2012), Munch (08-16-2012)
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM

I agree Zaphod.

I used to buy into the idea of them having dignity but backed off of it seeing as how we just don't have enough evidence to support these ideas.

Still, I do think that the outer planets certainly have their affinities, and I do think that Uranus does have an interesting sort of connection here as its sudden and erratic tendencies pop up in a sign of intense introspection. I theorize that Uranus' role as the higher octave of Mercury brings a little more insight to the situation. Here I feel like a person is quite capable of tapping into the 'why's of Uranian challenges and then tackling them with the fixed intensity of Scorpio. It's actions may also be hidden so that the native might appear to undergo a total metamorphosis seemingly out of nowhere.

All my theory, but it will take years before I think I could conclusively back this up.

On a side note, I have Singleton (by my standards, please I am not interested in debating this point) Uranus in Scorpio in my 2nd house as well. It is my only water planet.

Much like May, I too seem to have monetary highs and lows. That's crazy about the trip thing. I used to do the same thing. The last time while I was in Canada, if I'd missed my train (which we almost did, it was like something out of a movie the way we caught it) I'd have been stuck. I had about $5 bucks for the next two weeks.

Uranus also squares my sun/moon midpoint exactly and is parallel my moon as well.

Unread 08-19-2012, 09:38 AM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Much like May, I too seem to have monetary highs and lows. That's crazy about the trip thing. I used to do the same thing. The last time while I was in Canada, if I'd missed my train (which we almost did, it was like something out of a movie the way we caught it) I'd have been stuck. I had about $5 bucks for the next two weeks.
wow, how'd you survive off $5 for 2 weeks. that makes $100 for 2 weeks a cakewalk!
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
My understanding is that exaltation for the outer planets is still experimental at this point in time, and rulerships aren't much farther ahead. Anyway, Scorpio is considered one of the "scientific" signs (the others being Aquarius and Virgo). Aquarius has already been associated with Uranus, and Virgo is all booked up. Placing the exaltation of a "scientific" planet in the last remaining "scientific" sign would seen to make as much sense as anything. Personally, I don't include exaltation for Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, and I'm on the fence about their rulerships since the traditional rulers seem to work just fine.
i didn't know scorpio was considered "scientific." i mean, what makes a sign "scientific?" and LOL @ virgo being booked up.

i don't quite get what the modern planets' exaltation/fall signs are. to me, i don't really even think they have any.
Unread 08-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
wow, how'd you survive off $5 for 2 weeks. that makes $100 for 2 weeks a cakewalk!

Good friends and all of my bills for the month were already paid. Lots of ramen. Ramen with eggs, ramen with frozen veggies, ramen with more ramen.....

Unread 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Good friends and all of my bills for the month were already paid. Lots of ramen. Ramen with eggs, ramen with frozen veggies, ramen with more ramen.....
that is off the wall unhinged. congratulations for surviving that ramen filled episode!

Tags
exalted, scorpio, uranus