Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 03-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Re: Who here considers Uranus a difficult/malefic planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Also, I think Jupiter retrograde in the 2nd house can indicate money troubles (optimistic over-spending) unless other factors compensate for it.
I don't spend more than I have ever. I have Saturn in Capricorn exactly opposite Jupiter though so I have balance there in the 8th. Ironically, I have benefited from other people's money through my life rather than making my own.

Last edited by retinoid; 03-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Also, I think Jupiter retrograde in the 2nd house can indicate money troubles (optimistic over-spending) unless other factors compensate for it.
Not to get too off track, beacause I know we are talking about Uranus...

I have Jupiter retrograde in the 2nd (in Aries), and have never been a spender - at all! Quite the opposite; I am always saving for a rainy day. I never spend more than I have, and I really dislike credit cards and loans.

It does oppose Moon-Pluto-Venus in the 8th in Libra though...perhaps this helps balance it out, or helps compensate for it????
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
I have Uranus (in Cancer) in my 11th natal house, and it is the most elevated planet in my natal chart; Uranus has been a very important factor in the rather unusual life I have led (60 years), and looking back I cannot say that the Uranian influence has been malefic, but unusual, yes, out of the ordinary, definitely so, innovative, quite true...

As usual, I agree! Though 30 years apart, I have found that while Uranus has brought disruption it has also been my single favorite part of my chart and personality. I love that desire to do just the opposite of what's expected, just because. I suppose that having a strong Saturn and Capricorn Sun/Mercury helps keep these impulses in check, but still inside there is a little rebel giving everyone the bird just because. I feel like I walk around with a secret weapon/knowledge that if others understood they'd also be walking around with Cheshire cat grins. I don't know quite how to put it into words other than to say that I love Uranus and the opportunities it brings.

Also as a side note, I have a heavily afflicted Mercuy, so maybe having its higher octave so free and overiding in my chart is why I love it so much.

Unread 03-18-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Would anyone agree that Uranus is connected to the crown chakra? And when your energies are lifted up into that chakra, you're more connected to the universe, but pretty much disconnected from everyday, mundane life.
In some esoteric schools of thought, Neptune and Uranus have been connected with the Crown chakra (others have connected Neptune with the Crown and Uranus with the Brow chakra) I cannot say that I accept these connections, although I certainly can see some good reasons why these hypothetical connections/affinities MIGHT be valid.
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:49 AM

I have seen this in some books ie links between signs and planets and the corresponding charkra's. it seems a bit limiting.

however - I can see why uranian types would have a strong link to the brow chakra. As these people are so high wired. They often connect with the masses - and find big crowds difficult because of that.(particularly if they are not earthy types) depends on where uranus is in the chart and how it is aspected.

the crown though - everyone has this link.Indeed same with brow but perhaps a uranian would use it in a certain way. Again everyone has uranus but for some it is less dominant so a latent skill.
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:36 AM

My father's sun sign is Aquarius (Uranus ruled) and his Virgo rising with Uranus in the first house. He said yes he agrees with uranus being difficult.
Unread 03-24-2012, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradderz777 View Post
My father's sun sign is Aquarius (Uranus ruled) and his Virgo rising with Uranus in the first house. He said yes he agrees with uranus being difficult.
Personally I use traditional rulers (scorpio/mars, aquarius/saturn, pisces/jupiter). But having Uranus in the first doesn't necessarily make things difficult. Uranus aspecting an important planet can though (imo). It makes things more difficult MUNDANELY but perhaps not so spiritually.

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:54 AM

I really like my sextiles from Uranus (Libra in 7th) to Moon/Mercury/Jupiter (Sag in 9th). This makes me very original in my thinking and gives me very different tastes (fashion, music, arts). I also like to rub people the wrong way when they get carried away with their own greatness.

The downside is that Uranus is in the 7th house and also squares my Venus so my relationships (all types) can be very unpredictable and I feel smothered by others very easily if not given the space and freedom I require.

However, I love individuals with a strong Uranian/Aquarian energy and I must say that Uranus transits have always been very good to me even the hard ones
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I agree with Bina. Uranus is also about personal liberation, serendipity, the charm of the unexpected, and not buying into the old trope that "we've always done it this way."

The cure for viewing Uranus unfavourably is to deliberately incorporate more personal liberation and out-of-character events into your life. These might be little things, like just taking different routes home from work, trying foods you've never tasted before, putting yourself in unfamiliar situations.
I agree with this as well.

I think I have always viewed Uranus as mostly positive partly because I recognise similar traits in me that want to get out more and so I admire a lot of the traits Uranus exemplifies because I wish to be more like it.

I have Sun, Mercury and Venus in conjunction to Uranus and feel it strongly but it has a hard time coming out. I have never known if these aspects are generally positive or negative. To me they are neither necessarily. I think my capricorn/saturn aspects make it harder for my Uranian traits to break free.

I think whether Uranus is positive or negative would depend on how the person feels and uses the energy. If they feel it is something bad in themselves or shameful, then they might create negative situations. Or if it is a strong force that is not integrated well with the rest of the chart/personality. (I imagine someone who has a lot of cancer or capricorn traits for instance and is known for stability but maybe they have a contradictory streak that makes them want to act out and go wild now and then.) There are ways to go about having fun and doing this unexpected or wild in a safe or positive way, and then there are ways that can be destructive and harmful either to that person or even others. For instance, if in a relationship the person suddenly leaves for several days w/o telling their partner.

So maybe it partly depends on how Uranus "meshes" with the other planets and signs and how the person views it and their place in society. (Is it important to them to always go with status quo and not upset things, or are they comfortable bucking trends? ect)

Also, I find it so easy when in a rut and not sure how to feel happy to just do ANYTHING out of the ordinary. One day I decided to take a long walk and get lost (since I am in a new country)and I basically wandered and tried to figure my way back based on what I knew of the surrounds/street names. It was fun, albeit a tame way to get your kicks haha

But trying new foods or trying a new activity or even, for a woman, wearing makeup very different from your normal can be invigorating too. I know so many women who look the same every single day for years and I don't know how they can do that every day!

Last edited by persephone5; 04-09-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot something
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM

I think Uranus has been pretty prominent all my life. It is in my 1st house and I have Uranus trine Sun, Mercury and Mars, Uranus sextile Jupiter, Uranus square MC and some minor aspects here and there.

My life always has ups and downs but I don't think it's only because of Uranus influence. I am 99,9% sure Saturn is a big responsible too.
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:01 PM

I wouldn't consider Uranus as malefic. Yes, "he" is impulsive, he likes to shock but on the other hand stagnation is a bad thing, sometimes it's necessary to break the rules
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post
I wouldn't consider Uranus as malefic. Yes, "he" is impulsive, he likes to shock but on the other hand stagnation is a bad thing, sometimes it's necessary to break the rules
I definitely agree!
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Malefic is a traditional concept, right?
Things that bring hardship and doom-gloom.
Uranus is electric, shakes things up, but seldom (if it all) leaves one feeling depressed or hopeless or caged.
So, I would offer a BIG FAT "no."
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I consider Uranus of the nature of Mercury combined with Mars, and capable (like all planets) of both malefic and benefic qualities.
With my Mercury/Mars model, I regard Uranus dignfied in the domiciles of those 2 planets (Aries, Gemin, Virgo and Scorpio), and detrimented in the same signs as they are detrimented in (Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Pisces); however, I do not go so far as attempting to assign exaltation of Fall to Uranus (nor to the other outer planets)
Good food for thought. The Mercury/Mars synthesis strikes me as a useful model that I've seen mentioned elsewhere. The "higher octave of Mercury" idea also has some credibility: I've always felt that Uranus plays the "scientist" to Mercury's "technician." Since Virgo and Scorpio (along with Aquarius) have been described as "scientific" signs, Uranus would be comfortable there as well. Not quite sure about Aries; the abruptness is certainly there, but Mars seems to want to use a blunt instrument where Uranus favors a more surgical tool like a scalpel. Still, nothing else about Aries would be an obstruction to the Uranian impulse.

Thing about Uranus is, it's so very impersonal and therefore can seem entirely malefic: what you may want doesn't really enter into its action, although it usually gets to the core of what you need (even if you don't know it yet). With my new-found fascination with traditional astrology, I don't assign exaltation or fall to the outer planets either, and I only go as far as secondary co-rulership for the signs. I'm not ready to toss them out, but I try to keep their relative "newness" in perspective.

Another thing to consider is that it's no accident that Uranus and Saturn are situated at opposite ends of a the spectrum: Saturn wants to preserve the status quo and Uranus wants to tear it down. They both reach their transiting squares and oppositions at roughly 7-year multiples, with ages 21, 42, 63 and 84 being potential "double-whammy" years (thank you, Stephen Arroyo, for that expression), depending on whether they were in signs of short or long ascension at birth. Just when you think you have a handle on Saturn, Uranus changes the game.
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM

I've come to think that Uranus has an overwhelmingly negative influence. I'm sure he has important lessons for the collective, but in terms of individuals, I think his unpredictability makes his transits more anxiety-provoking than Saturn's.
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconjunct View Post
I've come to think that Uranus has an overwhelmingly negative influence. I'm sure he has important lessons for the collective, but in terms of individuals, I think his unpredictability makes his transits more anxiety-provoking than Saturn's.
what's negative about being a catalyst for change from the outdated, uninformed, stodgy, goat in the mud reality of saturn?
saturn and uranus work in harmony because saturn knows what's best for native and uranus sees the block in the road and with the two, change becomes crucial to life alignment.
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I consider Uranus of the nature of Mercury combined with Mars, and capable (like all planets) of both malefic and benefic qualities.
With my Mercury/Mars model, I regard Uranus dignfied in the domiciles of those 2 planets (Aries, Gemin, Virgo and Scorpio), and detrimented in the same signs as they are detrimented in (Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Pisces); however, I do not go so far as attempting to assign exaltation of Fall to Uranus (nor to the other outer planets)
what would a detrimented uranus mean ?

Last edited by burlinvermon; 04-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

Burlin ~
Please!
You are unwilling of study. Look it up first. Read posts and responses. You have pestered Dr. Farr enough. As you did me.
DO THE WORK, will ya?
This is not Google Astro Community.
No one gets a HS diploma unless they've covered 9th grade. (U.S.)
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeMae View Post
Burlin ~
Please!
You are unwilling of study. Look it up first. Read posts and responses. You have pestered Dr. Farr enough. As you did me.
DO THE WORK, will ya?
This is not Google Astro Community.
No one gets a HS diploma unless they've covered 9th grade. (U.S.)
dr. farr has his own method and that's what i was asking about.

im very willing of study and have read dozens of astrology books.

the only thing i asked you is to help us the horary beginners on the horary beginners thread, but you aren't helpful to the forum so you haven't helped us learn.
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeMae View Post
what's negative about being a catalyst for change from the outdated, uninformed, stodgy, goat in the mud reality of saturn?
saturn and uranus work in harmony because saturn knows what's best for native and uranus sees the block in the road and with the two, change becomes crucial to life alignment.
Sue Tompkins makes the interesting point that the product of decayed uranium is lead. Thus Uranus's metal turns into that of Saturn. Thus is it with these two planets - what was once new and innovative becomes established and traditional over time.

I don't trust Uranus, that's the bottom line.
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:11 PM

I challenge those who has problem with Uranus to interpret how malefic Uranus is in Albert Einstein's chart.

Uranus brings out destruction so as revolution, reformation, unconventional ideas, genius, awaken the blind, breakthrough of foolish traditions, rebirth and all kinds of unexpected.

It surely has impact on a personal natal chart. For those against the use of Uranus because they have not studied enough. I am a new beginner. I have not learned enough but for a beginner like myself won't deny the important of Uranus. Each planet has it own both positive and negative meanings. Don't limit yourself just because you haven't understand yet. I said this to myself everyday.

I myself have Sagittarius Uranus in 3rd house which conjuncts my Sagittarius Jupiter in 4th and conjuncts IC & SN. I consider myself to be odd/unique and I rebel to those who is failed to proof me wrong.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?w...VyamF7ND1FqNcU
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World

Last edited by poyi; 04-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlinvermon View Post
dr. farr has his own method and that's what i was asking about.

im very willing of study and have read dozens of astrology books.

the only thing i asked you is to help us the horary beginners on the horary beginners thread, but you aren't helpful to the forum so you haven't helped us learn.
consider this a uranian moment ~

burlin -
you have persistently pm'd me, asking me rudimentary questions that even an ounce of study on your own part would remedy. in your horary, you relentlessly ignored the responses to your post and asked for more and more, even dr. farr had to cut you off, and s/he has the patience of a saint.
i perceive you as a **** and my ignore list now includes your name.

~ forgive this diversion, but i needed to address it.

Last edited by Vista; 04-16-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sue Tompkins makes the interesting point that the product of decayed uranium is lead. Thus Uranus's metal turns into that of Saturn. Thus is it with these two planets - what was once new and innovative becomes established and traditional over time.

absolutely! uranus is a fixed planet and look!, we've got dick cheney's and sarah palin in our tribe. the key of uranus is shaking up, dis-settling and putting a new idea, concept or way of thinking into effect. the manager of the change, however, is saturn. consider the russian revolution and the fall of communism ~ over 70 years of uranus/saturn influence.
the two are always joined at the hip in social change that lasts. but even uranus is willing to change horse midstream when he realizes that "it's not working" or if something has calcified into a rut.
his methods can leave bruises and scars, however, he doesn't waste his time on idle pursuits. any "weird" ideas learned or expressed are intellectually strengthening to native and at best, opens horizons to new ways of living more authentically as self.
he forces us to take a stand, if for no other reason than to designate a new starting point.
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:04 PM

deleted(maemae isn't worth it)

Last edited by burlinvermon; 04-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Interesting. I worked in the nuclear field for over 30 years and didn't know this. Turns out it's the natural, or unenriched, uranium isotope (U-235) that turns into a lead isotope (Pb-207) through decay over time. This phenomenon is used in dating the age of fossils.
Inline (09-18-2014)

Tags
considers, difficult or malefic, planet, uranus