Saturn square Saturn

tanamarios

Thanks guys for your insight. My Jupiter square Jupiter ended about three months ago, and I have travelled somewhat less and had somewhat less money. But I think that those who said moderation is key are right - I didn't overdo it, so I just had a pleasant time.

Now I'm going through a Saturn square natal Saturn - and I'm having the time of my life:w00t::unsure:...........No, really, everything seems to finally be falling into place for me, where I fit into life etc. So I can really see a theme here of the malefic turning into positives here..... Strange but true story.

Trans. Saturn square natal Saturn could indicate struggles or hardship but at the same time you'll put the "meat on the coals" in order to have success.

[posts are about Saturn square Saturn so moved to new thread - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

sethi

Re: Jupiter square Jupiter - a joyful time!

Trans. Saturn square natal Saturn could indicate struggles or hardship but at the same time you'll put the "meat on the coals" in order to have success.

transiting saturn square natal saturn is definitely a bad time.
maybe you are undergoing some other stars transition effect. Wait and see
________
Pampa

Last edited:

noideaaboutastro

maybe you are undergoing some other stars transition effect. Wait and see

But I had an awesome time.....hmmmmm....:surprised: This thread is turning into, NIDA defies malefics thread.

sethi

But I had an awesome time.....hmmmmm....:surprised: This thread is turning into, NIDA defies malefics thread.

You had an awesome time?:smile:

Are you saying that when t saturn was in exact degree to your n saturn, (and affected by moon) that you had an awesome time?

Sounds hard to believe. Do you also mean that for the whole time of saturns transit of 2.5 years, the time was good?:surprised:
________
ALLERGIES FORUMS

Last edited:

noideaaboutastro

You had an awesome time?:smile:

Are you saying that when t saturn was in exact degree to your n saturn, (and affected by moon) that you had an awesome time?

Sounds hard to believe. Do you also mean that for the whole time of saturns transit of 2.5 years, the time was good?:surprised:

Not sayin that in 2.5 years I never had a bad day, but 24 March wasnt such a bad day this year (when it was exact).

Look, I know its weird, I am just saying how things are in life...its not my fault I dont fit a textbook.

AdAstra

No, not necessarily. I remember I researched it - I mean practical examples - a while ago, and found out that quite a few famous people this period coincided with the peaking of their power.
As it was a long time ago, I don't remember the names of those people, except one: Adolf Hitler.
His sudden - almost literally meteoric - rise to power coincided with his Saturn square Saturn period.

It would seem that, if anything, Saturn brings about the culmination of the professional career. I think Hitler's natal Saturn was in the 10th house, but I am not sure right now.)

P.S. BTW, Hitler's by far more dominant planet was Venus, with Saturn and Mars lagging well behind the other planets, in terms of natally defined planetary "influences".

Bir Singh Khari

1.In Hitlar's chart SATURN is functional benefic and placed in the house of business/profession ,
that's why saturn's transit over natal's saturn was not painful.
2.But this is not applicable for all ASC.

beginner

currently, I am going through "saturn square saturn" my natal saturn is in 11th house, during this transit I notice that quantity of my friends is shrinking :( and I also don't want to make friend these days :andy::unsure: I am also going through saturn square uranus and saturn square neptune. all natal 3 planets are in 11th house

Thanks guys for your insight. My Jupiter square Jupiter ended about three months ago, and I have travelled somewhat less and had somewhat less money. But I think that those who said moderation is key are right - I didn't overdo it, so I just had a pleasant time.

Now I'm going through a Saturn square natal Saturn - and I'm having the time of my life:w00t::unsure:...........No, really, everything seems to finally be falling into place for me, where I fit into life etc. So I can really see a theme here of the malefic turning into positives here..... Strange but true story.

Last edited:

Bir Singh Khari

Dear Beginner ,
1.If at present your SAT is in 11th then the lord of your ASC (SCORPIO)
and saturn are ENEMY . SATURN is functional malafic planat for your chart .
2.11th house is the house of FRIENDS/FRIENDSHIP . It is all because of saturn's transit over natal's saturn.

beginner

@bin sign bro

My charts based on tropical timing are given below.

http://img.worsttech.com/view.php?filename=205ch.jpg

My chart (equal houses)
http://img.worsttech.com/view.php?filename=428equal_house.jpg

I have natal saturn in 11th house and I have Aquarius ascendant (western astrology)

Currently saturn is in 8th house, square natal saturn in 11th house and also square to my natal retrograde jupiter in 5th house cancer (which is natally opposition to natal saturn), Please see my chart.

I am currently facing lack of friends and I got an accident on 27April 2011, T-saturn is responsible for both???? currently saturn is in 8th house libra, should I worry for my kidney???

and I will be very thankful to you if you tell me what major event may happen if Transit saturn hit my mars in scorpio and sun/moon/mercury in 10th and hit my natal saturn in 11th. (all these transits will happen during sade satti) I have capricorn ascendant in Vedic so saturn will be neutral or benificial for me during these transits or it will provides bad affects??

THanks

---- Beginner ----

Dear Beginner ,
1.If at present your SAT is in 11th then the lord of your ASC (SCORPIO)
and saturn are ENEMY . SATURN is functional malafic planat for your chart .
2.11th house is the house of FRIENDS/FRIENDSHIP . It is all because of saturn's transit over natal's saturn.

Bir Singh Khari

Sir ,
As per VEDIC ASTROLOGY -
If your ASC is AQUARIUS then instead of cancer it will be gemini in 5th and in 8th virgo will be there ( not libra ) .
If possible then please give your exact birth details .

BobZemco

You had an awesome time?

I did.

That is exactly what I'm saying.

Sounds hard to believe.

Well, I practice astrology. I'm not sure what you're doing.

Do you also mean that for the whole time of saturns transit of 2.5 years, the time was good?

Yes, again, that is exactly what I'm saying.

I left the US and was living in London having the time of my life doing something most people only dream of. I had my little flat on Brondesbury Villas and every morning I'd walk down to the Queen's Park Tube and ride to work out in Camden Town. I was consulting on some documentary films for a production company. I used to work as a sound engineer in the US, but then I left and when I returned later, I couldn't work as a sound engineer because I didn't have a piece of paper from a university that said I was a sound engineer. In the UK I got to mix audio tracks and I didn't need a piece of paper from a university that said I knew how to mix audio tracks. All I had to do is demonstrate I knew my game. And it was a lot of fun being back in the saddle again.

I got to go to White Hall and hang with the Big Boys at the BBC, met a lot of people from Channel 4 and Carlton. I rode the Tube home every night, got off at the Kilburn High Road station and usually stopped by the pub for a few pints and then walked home for dinner.

And when I was done, I left and went to Romania and stood right in the middle of the path of the last Total Solar Eclipse of the 20th Century. Nothing happened, but then why would anything happen? The Eclipse fell in my 9th House, not my Ascendant.

I was having the time of my life, so I bought an apartment and lived there 2 more years before coming back to the US, and then I went back and bought a house.

On the Saturn square Saturn before that, I was at the top of my game. That was 1984, I was assigned to Headquarters Training and Doctrine Command. I wrote some of the doctrines for Rear Area Combat Operations for AirLand Battle 2000. They sent me to the National Training Center to test a lot of the doctrines (me, and no one else), and they sent me to Egypt with a group that spent 6 weeks training the Egyptian army (unfortunately the only pyramid I saw as the one at Abu Rahsid built by Khufu's son). And then when they were having problems with the Euro-Missiles, they sent me there to fix that, so I got to play with nukes for 3 years. That was a pivotal time in my military career, and I had a tremendous amount of power and authority, not to mention trust and respect.

So, yeah, I'll take a Saturn square Saturn any freaking day, and I'm looking forward to the next one here in few years.

You know it might help if you people would actually learn astrology, and then practice it. Aspects don't occur in a vacuum. There are Signs and Houses and Reception and a host of other factors that must be taken into consideration, but I guess that's too much trouble for people to bother with.

Betty F

Ouch, Bob. Be nice.

I have to agree. t-Saturn in my 10th square my 12th house Saturn was a great experience. I had more authority and recognition at work than I'd ever experienced before, and all the accompanying benefits.

However, I used to dread Saturn and all it stood for. It's pretty weak, natally. I was almost 40 before I realized Saturn is really my friend. Saturn can be suppressive. It can also be supportive. I had to accept my own responsibility for my life before I realized I had a choice. I could lay down and let Saturn crush me, or stand up and let him support me.

Attachments

• transits and progressions.jpg
    transits and progressions.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 36

LillyLane

Saturn will go direct very shortly I believe in just about 2 days. My saturn square saturn will finally pass in a couple of months. Because partly of this transit, I was able to get all A's with my graduate work. I have been more diligent and strong in my belief work hard and do what's right and good things will follow. Saturn is natal in my 7th house and so relationships have been hard for me, I broke up with a man as saturn squared and was conjuct uranus in the 9th.....so now my change is changing again once it passes for good.

Thanks for sharing your experiences as I look forward to maybe less restrictions but also more rewards from saturn! Just trying to keep focussed!

Claire19

Not sayin that in 2.5 years I never had a bad day, but 24 March wasnt such a bad day this year (when it was exact).

Look, I know its weird, I am just saying how things are in life...its not my fault I dont fit a textbook.
Saturn square Saturn is challenging but forces us to be mature. SOme will handle it better than others and we dont just focus on one day for these.
If you load your chart anonymously I can look further as there may have been more positive aspects to balance it all out. The orb is about 2-3 degrees for Saturn and being exact on a particular day doesnt really mean that much.

Claire19

Saturn will go direct very shortly I believe in just about 2 days. My saturn square saturn will finally pass in a couple of months. Because partly of this transit, I was able to get all A's with my graduate work. I have been more diligent and strong in my belief work hard and do what's right and good things will follow. Saturn is natal in my 7th house and so relationships have been hard for me, I broke up with a man as saturn squared and was conjuct uranus in the 9th.....so now my change is changing again once it passes for good.

Thanks for sharing your experiences as I look forward to maybe less restrictions but also more rewards from saturn! Just trying to keep focussed!
Saturn conjunct Uranus in the 9th of higher learning made you more disciplined and to work hard which Saturn is all about. I dont know if you were studying IT or some kind of science but that would indicate Uranus.
The 7th house is committed relations and particularly marriage where you live together and share resources etc. Saturn in the 7th indicates a later relationship or with someone older or a significant age difference. It shows a realistic attitude to partnerships and often business related. They often endure because there are no illusions or romantic notions to fog the brain.,

Claire19

Ouch, Bob. Be nice.

I have to agree. t-Saturn in my 10th square my 12th house Saturn was a great experience. I had more authority and recognition at work than I'd ever experienced before, and all the accompanying benefits.

However, I used to dread Saturn and all it stood for. It's pretty weak, natally. I was almost 40 before I realized Saturn is really my friend. Saturn can be suppressive. It can also be supportive. I had to accept my own responsibility for my life before I realized I had a choice. I could lay down and let Saturn crush me, or stand up and let him support me.
I used to dread Saturn when I was young but it forces us to mature and grow strong. It can be our great teacher and reward for hard work. Without challenging aspects we get nowhere in life so they are really our friends once we recognise and deal with them Like me you have survived two Saturn returns so we must be doing something right!!!

. Your Saturn must have been very near the 1st house cusp for a square from the 10th to happen??

LillyLane

Yes Claire,

I agree! This is my chart and from what I understand, which is limited! But getting through those limitations....I think my jupiter return helped me out the most through this phase with saturn. Almost my entire tuition has been waived....but going through school with a learning disability and having health issues and a broken heart has made me persevere. Onwards and up words. I am starting to like saturn again....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 45

Rosie7

Saturn cycles indicate periods of action and solidification. When Transiting Saturn is aspecting Natal Saturn, this represents a pivotal time of unfolding in your life path. When a Transiting Saturn Square is being formed, as it moves away from its Natal Saturn position, this represents an internal event -- an internal gestation when you feel a pressure to act, to be self-driven, to begin working on path of self-actualization. Saturn rules the adrenal glands, so if you have a fear about moving forward in a new direction -- and therefore don't act -- it can kind of make you feel like you have gravel in your stomach, or are being blocked. This feeling of inertia can incite feelings of depression or anger -- a fight or flight response. But if you have a clear vision of what it is you want to do, then you can experience the square as a well timed event for change. As you approach the opposition of Transiting Saturn to Natal Saturn, you get a chance to see how that effort is culminating. Looking back, I enrolled in University and commenced my studies right when this S square S was occurring. During my Saturn opposition, I was just finishing up all my core studies and beginning my internship. In fact, many if not most of the significant events of my life occurred while Transiting Saturn was squaring, opposing, or conjuncting itself and other natal planets. Be sure to delineate the chart to see what house the natal planet that is being aspected by Saturn sits in, and rules. That is how you will get a real sense of how your chart operates. For example, every time Saturn has aspected my natal Venus by square or opposition I have made significant changes in my career path -- Venus rules my 10th; whereas, plenty of astro literature would focus on Saturn/Venus themes and challenges that did not reflect my situational circumstances. So, I guess what I am saying is don't be so quick to buy into the cookbook or generic interpretations offered on these, or any other, forums -- and scarring yourself silly.

Summarily, Saturn is not a hard time per se. Symbolically, it is the planet that helps you get "stuff" done. And, the "stuff" is usually initiated during a square, which requires effort. So, reflect on what needs to be done -- really tune into those gut feelings and start moving into that direction. Then, feel the square and do it anyways ;)

Last edited: