Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Horary forums are for discussion of horary charts and techniques only, natal chart requests should be posted in a different forum.

Unread 01-28-2019, 08:17 PM

Lost Dog/It will be -48 degrees/-54.4 Fahrenheit in Minnesota Come Wends

Greetings !
There is a lost dog in the neighborhood. Come this Wednesday in Saint Paul, MN it will be -48 degrees/-54.4 Fahrenheit.

She is a much loved black standard poodle named Sofie. The whole area is looking for her before the weather turns cold and dangerous.

Could someone help with the Horary? - Where is Sofie?

dogs are ruled by mercury, Virgo, 6th house and Jupiter. In This horary chart they are all touching mars in Aries in the 10th house...

Attachment 79167

Last edited by deanna; 03-13-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 01-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: Lost Dog/It will be -48 degrees/-54.4 Fahrenheit in Minnesota Come Wends

Ruler in common (mutable) signs indicate places near water, the eaves of houses, covered places.
Dog can be on hills and highlands, near or on land which is best seen by raising your eyes to view it, near a maple or an oak tree, places where horses are allowed to graze, where horseback riding is done, on sloping grounds.
Or, dog might be in or near a banquet hall, cathedral, church, courthouse, gambling hall, doctor's house/office, stable, racing track, college, and university, places of public function, lawyer's office, bookstore, and lecture hall.
As POF is in Ar dog can be at places near a chimney, stoves, furnace room, room where machinery and tools are kept, room with locked doors or closets, places where iron or junk is stored, area where guns and ammunition are kept, under ashtrays, near ceilings, roofs or doorways, or might be a bakery, barbershop, foundry, sports arena, sports club, hardware store, butcher shop.
The Following User Says Thank You to fensi88 For This Useful Post:
deanna (01-29-2019)
Unread 01-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Many many thanks for your help fensi88!

Sofie has been spotted near the Mississippi river (near water, hills and highlands,sloping grounds ) and by a religious/private school (church, college, and university)

I will keep everyone posted on the effort to find her. I have shared this information with the neighborhood and with an organization called 'The Retrievers' who help find lost dogs.

As you know in Saint Paul, MN the Wind chills are expected to fall to 25 below to 35 below zero today. Dangerous wind chills of 45 below to 65 below zero are expected for most of the period from Tuesday night through Thursday morning. Uggh!

attached is a photo of Sofie.

Attachment 79188

Unread 01-29-2019, 08:41 PM

Deanna, is Sophie your dog or a neighbor's? It makes a difference in terms of how we read the chart re: the prospects for her return. If it's a neighbor's, I think there's some chance for her return, with the moon applying to an antiscion relationship with the sun. I assume you're in touch with local animal shelters and veterinarians. With Jupiter ruling the 6th house of smaller animals like dogs, domiciled in Sagittarius, I think she's probably OK, but first we need to determine who is the owner and then assign the houses correctly.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 01-29-2019 at 08:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
deanna (01-29-2019)
Unread 01-29-2019, 09:24 PM

Thank-you Waybread!
Sofie belongs to a person in the neighborhood.

I have shared the information in this post with a service called 'the retrievers' . They are working on finding Sofie.

They said they have had sightings and Sofie has been on the move a lot.

I will keep everyone posted!

Many thanks for all your help and support!

Last edited by deanna; 01-30-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 01-30-2019, 04:55 AM

Deanna, I hope you get some more chart readings, because I am getting what is called a mixed testimony on this chart. (Some "yes" some "no" indicators.)

I'll go way out on a limb and say that I think the dog will be found. Please let us know what happens.

Your neighbour is a third house matter, ruled by the sun. A pet as a small animal is ruled by the 6th house (as opposed to large animals like cattle, which are 12th house matters. To see Sofie in the chart, I look at the 6th from the 3rd house. (We start counting with the third house as though it were house #1.) The neighbour's dog, then, should appear in the radix 8th house. Seeing the sun there-- in detriment-- seems compatible with the neighbour feeling terrible about the missing dog. This house is ruled by Saturn, which normally would be rotten luck, but it is strong in its own sign of Capricorn and angular.

However, the sun (neighbour) and Saturn (dog) don't really apply to an aspect with one another. Plus the moon is void of the course, normally negative testimonies.

If we just look at the radix 6th house, it looks more promising with both benefics, Venus and a domiciled Jupiter there.

Then Mercury is a bit of a cipher, but it may represent the pet-finding group, as Mercury can act as a go-between.

The one thing that gives me hope is that the moon, another significator for a missing pet, is about to form an antiscion relationship with the sun (owner.) http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/antiscia.html

All of these planets are in a westerly direction from you: but some more southeast and some more northeast.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
deanna (01-30-2019)
Unread 01-30-2019, 08:37 PM

Thank-you.

Sofie went missing on 1/2/19 in Saint paul, minnesota.

Her owner is from the neighborhood.
Unread 02-03-2019, 10:29 PM

Just got the news that they have not seen Sofie since the cold weather last Wednesday and Thursday.
Unread 02-06-2019, 01:18 AM

Thanks for reporting back. This is how we learn to do better astrology. So sorry about the missing dog.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

deanna (02-07-2019)
Unread 02-06-2019, 07:20 AM

Hi,
I hope you do find her. I think her significator being Jupiter in it's own sign, and the significator in her own house may bring her luck? This is sort of an intuitive feeling though.

Also, on the upside, her significator is about to trine mars, not conjunct it or aspect it negatively. Maybe that won't mean the grim malefic meaning it could mean in terms of accidents.

I hope you all locate this dog.
The Following User Says Thank You to RisingSag For This Useful Post:
deanna (02-07-2019)
Unread 02-07-2019, 06:35 PM

There was a sighting of Sofie on 2/3!
Looks like down by the Mississippi river in St. Paul, MN...
See photo -
Attachment 79331

Unread 02-17-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
There was a sighting of Sofie on 2/3!
Looks like down by the Mississippi river in St. Paul, MN...
See photo -
Attachment 79331
Hi
What is the latest dog news? I wish him safety

Ruler of Ascension in House VIII
Then the sun will burn him. There is a risk
The Following User Says Thank You to Almohsin For This Useful Post:
deanna (03-04-2019)
Unread 03-13-2019, 01:10 AM

So sorry but the dog has not been found yet..there has been no sightings in a while.
Unread 03-13-2019, 04:10 AM

Thanks for the update, and so sorry for the owner/s.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Tags
celsius, degrees or 544, dog or it, fahrenheit, lost, minnesota, wends