Interpreting Fifth harmonic

Hi

So I have managed to figure out how to display my fifth harmonic chart on astro.com, but I have no idea how to decipher it. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I'm looking for? It seems like another chart..I'm a bit lost..

Thanks.

Harmonics
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ight=harmonics
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/harmonics32.1.html

Harmonic charts involve multiplying the positions of planets by a number so that they move to new points, and each number corresponds to a house, basically.
As I understand it the second Harmonic chart would shift things around such that oppositions become conjunctions,
in the 3rd harmonic trines would become conjunctions, in the 4th, squares become conjunctions.
The 1st harmonic is just your basic natal chart, so conjunctions are conjunctions.
The actual nuts-and-bolts of how it works are a bit hazy for me, and I haven't really looked at harmonic charts much at all so I couldn't say anything as to their usefulness or accuracy or anything, let alone interpretation.
Clearer explanations found here: http://www.newage-directory.com/harmonic.htm

Some VERY IMPORTANT words of caution:

1) DON'T EVER try to do aspects between harmonics of different numbers. They are totally different animals.

2) There are no signs or houses in harmonic charts. Remember that everything has been rearranged, so please don't do sign or house interpretations because they are no longer there. The purpose of harmonics is to get more information about aspects and aspect patterns.

Now, let's take a look at some actual harmonics and how they can add depth to horoscope interpretation.

The Fourth Harmonic: The 4th harmonic shows how we deal with stress, strain, and struggle. When you construct a 4th harmonic chart, all of the conjunction, square, and opposition aspects in the original horoscope appear as conjunctions and this makes them easier to see. Of course, these aspects are pretty easy to see in the original horoscope as well, so what's the point? The point is that the minor aspects, the semi-square (45 degrees) and sequa-square (135 degrees), which are difficult to spot by a quick visual inspection, now appear as oppositions, and can be seen at a glance. Not only that, but other minor stress aspects (22 ½ degrees, 67 ½ degrees, 157 ½ degrees), which can take a very long time to locate, now become squares. In the 4th harmonic, whole patterns of stress aspects can be spotted, and this gives you a big edge for interpretation.
"Electional Astrology the Art of Timing" - author Hampar - publisher Llewellyn.
iTunes store - search astrology and look for - 2009 electional astrology planning guide

Hi A50

Thanks for replying. I can see that the quintiles and bi show up as conjunctions, but how can I tell which they are without the chart being interactive? :(

Hi

So I have managed to figure out how to display my fifth harmonic chart on astro.com, but I have no idea how to decipher it. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I'm looking for? It seems like another chart..I'm a bit lost..

Thanks.

Can you post your chart? I can talk to you about it some then.

Mod

tikana

Hi

Thanks.

5th harmonic chart is basically a layout
You might want to check with John Addey, Charles Harvey, Michael Harding and David Hamblin's works
there is not 1 defined explanation by any of above listed astrologers. Their theories and explanations are conflicting.
So if you calculate all aspects that are made when the 360 deg circle is divided into 5 segments you get 5th harmonic aspects. I do think that where the planets fall in the chart are important. I do use 1 deg orb when i look at harmonic charts because most of those aspects are minor and with 1 descreptency, you might overlook an aspect.
Quitile is 72 deg. I do have to agree with Michael Roscher who has said that Quintiles are the trines of the creativity. Beethhoven had 1 quintile but Neptune was very prominent and Moon did square his MH. There were a lot of indicators why he turned out the way he did.
Placido Domingo has a very strong 5th harmonic chart
also the most interesting person who had 5th harmonic chart almost driving his chart is Aretha Franklin
Amazingly enough, so did Einstein. Creativity was in his imagination.
I wish we had know birthchart of Leonardo de Vinci and Michaelangelo.

Attachments

• astro_29gw_01_anonymous.49328.3675.jpg
    astro_29gw_01_anonymous.49328.3675.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 36

EJ53

Banned
...So I have managed to figure out how to display my fifth harmonic chart on astro.com, but I have no idea how to decipher it. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I'm looking for? It seems like another chart..I'm a bit lost..
For Information

Originally, harmonics were only used as a means of easily identifying minor aspects that were hard to see in the natal chart...So, the signs/houses of the harmonic chart were considered to be meaningless and the planets are interpreted in the context of their natal chart relationships.

However, there is now a branch of Harmonic Astrology that treats the Harmonic Chart as revealing detailed insights to to the the same numbered zodiac house (ie. 5th Harmonic Chart = 5th house)....And this branch regards the signs & houses of the harmonic chart as meaningful, with the chart being interpreted in the same way as a normal natal chart (but relating specifically to 5th house activities).

Since these two approaches to the interpretation of harmonic charts are very different, it may be helpful/avoid confusion if those offering an interpretation here state which method they are using.

_