Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 03-08-2021, 05:19 PM

Should I (have gone) go back to school?

a few years ago i was thinking about going to school to pursue a PhD, i changed my mind because i wanted to work and become a professional in my career and honestly, did not feel like going back to school at that moment. i wanted to work and make money. a few years ago, i met someone and now, we are discussing marriage but...who knows. nothing is secure in life.

further, i was not sure if i wanted to pursue the degree for me, myself and i or because of family conditioning. i grew up in a strict family when it came to academics, so much so that we were only allowed to pursue specific degrees only, "you must be a doctor/attorney/engineer...etc." Nothing else.
So, a part of me felt unsure about going back to school, was i doing this for myself or for the image and approval? i say approval since i never felt (and still do not) feel good enough for my family in spite of my academic and career accomplishments.

now, i do not know if it is the pandemic. i see people reinventing themselves and, work is unstable and...i am feeling...unsettled and with regrets. as in, should i reinvent myself? should i do something different? maybe i am trying to obtain some sort of control/security when things feel unstable?

as such, i asked if i should have gone back to school.
mind you, i wonder if this could extend to the query: should i go back to school?

interpretation/thoughts:

- interestingly enough, i am taurus rising in my natal, just like in the horary.
so, i am venus in pisces.
- the 9th house is ruled by saturn and saturn is in aqua conjunct jupiter (higher education, etc.)
- moon is in detriment in capricorn, however. And, neither the moon or venus make an aspect with saturn or jupiter.

so, it seems the answer is no?

i would like to be careful because i have the following transits coming up:

neptune square uranus
uranus opposition pluto
uranus conjunction ascendant.

i believe that one must be careful with making career changes under neptune square uranus and uranus opposition pluto.

thoughts are more than welcome!

thanks!

Last edited by Astronizing; 08-04-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Unread 11-29-2021, 05:52 PM

Smile Re: Should I (have gone) go back to school?

Hello Astronizing,

the transit of Uranus to Pluto (in 2020) and from Neptune to Uranus (in 2021) that you quote are not markant even if you are aware of it.

Ecliptique.

Tags
back, school