Ascendant sextile vertex?

7stelliangeli

I have a transit (actually a few) that I can’t seem to look up and ascendant sextile vertex in Leo 3rd house is one of them. I’m relatively new to reading astrology and could use some input on this (and others if you’d like to assist). Thanks

[please upload a chart to the AW Forum or upload a chart to a link site (astro.com is NOT a link site) and provide the link - Moderator]

ElenaJ

The vertex is not a planet or house, it is a virtual point in the chart. It’s the intersection of the ecliptic and prime vertical points in the natal chart.
So how can it be transiting?
Good idea to post your chart as the moderator requested so we can see what you are referring to.

JUPITERASC

I have a transit (actually a few) that I can’t seem to look up
and
ascendant sextile vertex in Leo 3rd house is one of them.
I’m relatively new to reading astrology
and could use some input on this (and others if you’d like to assist).

Thanks

[please upload a chart to the AW Forum or upload a chart to a link site (astro.com is NOT a link site) and provide the link - Moderator]

The vertex is not a planet or house, it is a virtual point in the chart.

It’s the intersection of the ecliptic
and prime vertical points in the natal chart.

Good idea to post your chart as the moderator requested
so we can see what you are referring to
Have fun as you Read, Study and Vigilantly Practise :smile:

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

JUPITERASC

The vertex is not a planet or house, it is a virtual point in the chart.

It’s the intersection of the ecliptic and prime vertical points in the natal chart.
as illustrated, for clarity :smile:

Vertex.jpg

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you mean the transiting ascendant is sextile your natal vertex? That happens every day. Twice, in fact. The ascendant makes a complete cycle of the zodiac in slightly over 24 hours. That means it will sextile every point in your natal chart twice in each 24 hour period. And trine every point twice, square every point twice, oppose every point once, and conjunct every point once.

In and of itself, that's not a meaningful transit. When it might be meaningful is if you're looking at an event chart for the moment when a particular event happened to you (you unexpectedly ran into an old friend, you got into an accident, you got a phone call saying you'd won an award, something like that), or if you're casting an electional chart for a planned future event. Even then, though, an ascendant/vertex sextile is just a minor note. What's going on with the planets would be more pertinent.

Anything else you might mean would be impossible. The vertex doesn't really transit, although some programs show one in a transit chart, because they're calculating every possible point at every given moment. And the vertex is, by definition, always somewhere between the fourth house and the tenth. It cannot sextile the ascendant. Now, if you overlay the transits of the moment on your natal chart, the vertex of the moment could be sextile your natal ascendant, but that can only happen when the transiting ascendant is on the other side of the zodiac from your natal one.

7stelliangeli

The vertex is not a planet or house, it is a virtual point in the chart. It’s the intersection of the ecliptic and prime vertical points in the natal chart.
Good idea to post your chart as the moderator requested so we can see what you are referring to.

https://i.imgur.com/QBlamhW.png

Could you tell me a little about what’s going on around mid September

Last edited by a moderator: