Secondary Progressions

Elianah

Hmmm....

The first thing to remember is that the natal planets and house configurations always remain. The progressed motions will always impact upon the natal planets/houses.

Say, for instance, that progressed ASC in Capricorn. It is coloring how I express my natal Sag ASC, as well as squaring my natal Libran Jupiter in the 10th. What are the cumulative effect this progressed placement of the ASC? I have been working on a lot of self-worth issues (since the 2nd-P and SA ASCs are in my 2nd) very tenaciously and with a single focus (Cap) to help me progress on my journey (Sag) to expressing truly who I am through the person I project into the world (1st house). The Cap flavoring has helped in manifesting the spiritual and higher knowledge portion of my journey, although the personal financial resources bit of the second has always been a challenge—I think the Sag and Jupiter, as the ruler of my chart, has always kind of trumped that.

Now you probably noticed that there is a little more than 2° difference between the 2nd-P and SA ASCs. This means the square with Jupiter (the ruler of the chart) started about 3.5 years ago and will continue until 2.5 years after the 2nd-P makes the direct square with my natal Jupiter. The progressed ASC are there to teach my Jupiter how expand in a controlled, sustainable way that will enable me fully manifest those things that the Jupiter energy wants to expand in the 10th house. Since Capricorn is the natural Zodiacal ruler of the 10th, Cap is augmenting the natural energy of it and causing constipation of Jupiter's energy, which is reflected by the square.

I'll write more tonight, if the great cable-modem god does not take down the internet again. :SIGH: But this should give some more fodder for thought. :D :D

Claire19

With the progressions it is just an adjunct to the natal chart. If your progressed sun is now in Virgo you may be a little more of a reader, more orderly or concerned with health matters or work techniques or everyday needs.... If it doesnt aspect any of your natal planets there wont be much effect. You are still the original sun sign and that never changes. Say your progressed venus is making an aspect to your natal mercury, if there is already an aspect between venus and mercury in your natal chart, there will be some influence. Progressions on their own mean nothing much if not triggering a natal influence of some kind. We also need the transits to back up the aspects for a certain influence to occur.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Claire

Longleg

Re: Progressions not as important to me

Sorehearted,
I am new with this site and I looked at your map posted in 2005. I would like to know what happened in your life just then. It seems to me like you where passing through one hell of a time. Seems like you were obliged to either take care of somebody (intensly) or to manage your finance also (intensly). Seems to me like you found yourself chained down and pretty restricted. For you, being a selfcentered person and liking continuous attention from others, must have been a hard and challenging time. Fortunately is passing now.

yelena234

Hello Sorehearted,

I didn't thank you for one answer to me before. I do it now.

I have this year, by my birthday (April 27th, 1946 at 4:50 p.m. in Karlovac, Croatia) in Progressive Chart and also in Solar Return: Sun sextile Mars. In my Birth Chart, I have Sun (in 7th) square Mars (ruler of 7th in 10th).

What do you mean, what is going to happen?

My Solar Return shows, that I won't get the job this Solar year, but there is going to be something good for me (I don't know, what). I would like to post my Charts here, but it is difficult. About job question, there is no answer, maybe because of that, and maybe, they don't like me anymore?

I send you nice regards,
yelena (now close to Kranj, Slovenia)

ashakamath

Friends I am also confused about the progressions.
I learned about it couple of days ago.
originally according to Vedic(INDIAN) astrology I am aquarius-jupiter/north node and mars
taurus moon, virgo-saturn, sagi-mercury and sun and venus in capri.
in progression its coming to
ascendant is taurus 3.52d for the progression
aquarius 4 degrees-jupier 28 d, north node 26
pisces- sun 2.37/mercury 8.11/mars 18.34
aries-venus 1.41
gemini-moon 18.33
Virgo-saturn 6.04 virgo

according to my friend who taught me this-my sun and saturn is coming in to clash thats why I lost my dad- where as I felt that since saturn moved into leo on november 2 nd, I lost my dad.
he feels I would do better doing nothing for next 4-5 years. I cannot financially afford it at all and I am 56-if I sit around and do nothing for next 5-6 years whats to be done in retirement?
some one gv me some guidance.

Claire19

Secondary progressions only have an effect when those progressed planets hit off natal placements. So if your progressed Sun in Virgo is not hitting anything in the natal chart, you wont feel the effects really. Any progressed planets need to echo the aspects you already have in the natal chart. You are always a Leo Sun especially if you have no other Virgo influences in the chart.

i.e. Progressed Moon comes alone to square Natal Pluto with a natal Moon square natal Pluto, guaranteed issues to be dealt with in the houses affected. When a transit comes along that also hits the natal aspect, absolutely major effects felt!! Remember nothing can happen along the way that is not foretold in the natal chart. In this way it is our destiny. These progressions make for major changes that need to be made in our lives one way or another.

For instance our Saturn returns are major because the progressed Saturn comes along every 28 years or so and hits off our natal Saturn aspects, whatever they may be. They are watershed times and deeply felt. They involved maturing, responsibilities, losses sometimes and lessons learned.

Hope this helps.

Claire

SimplyRed

I love progressions. It is amazing how they coincide to life events and change.

I went back and researched mine and my sister's and amazed at how when the sun went into a new sign, change. A new life perspective.

Anyway, My sun just progressed into the fourth house, mercury just progressed into Gemini and pro venus is now cusp my third house. Mars is now in my fifth house.
They seem to point to significant changes as much as the transiting outer planets aspects the luminaries.

Whan I look at a chart. I note what pluto is changing, what saturn is testing, what Uranus is giving new life to. Then I look at the progressions and see where a person is with that. They work together.
Where is a person in their Saturn cycle, north node, Uranus and what house is pluto changing. How are the progressions complimenting or creating stress to work with the outer planets.
It is amazing to look at charts with a pro sun changing signs or Venus even. MC or ascendant changing signs.
I think progressions are somewhat karmic and we have choices. Life presents us with choices when the sun changes sign and we choose according to how much growth we have experienced in our life. Inner growth. I think this is where free will comes in. The natal is unfolding, and a person is given choices to work through karma of the natal chart by reacting to events or non reactive. Or be very concious of choices.

Belgianmoonguy

My Progressive Moon is now in Cancer (he just made a conjunction to my natal Mars and begin june '06 I had a Progressive New Moon)

It's funny... Now I prefer to just hang around with people I already know and the need to meet new people isn't so big anymore as when I had progressive Moon in Gemini...
I also select and buy more sober clothes and my behaviour is also more sober and timid as when I had PMoon in Gemini...

Also my PVenus is conjunct my nCheiron and i'm painfully aware for now of the scars ex lovers made me and the scars I handed out to ex lovers (Cheiron = wound)

My PSun & PMars are conjunct for now @ 24° Cancer and my nMercury is @ 22° Cancer

And i went to university around the time that my PSun was conjunct my nMercury in the same degree...

But for the big changes I have to wait a bit...
Around my 27, my PSun will run into Leo
Around my 31, my PRising and PMc will change into Libra & Cancer

SimplyRed

Moon progressions, FOR real are something else. I know what you mean

My p moon is in Scorpio and NO fun. Seems like themes of death dying reborn. Steven Forrest states this is one of the least fun places for the p moon. I loved when P moon in Leo, Libra, Virgo even. As soon as P moon in Scorpio everything is Sooooo heavy. I am looking forward for P moon to go into Sag. Right now, it is conjunct my natal Saturn and will be trine Jupiter/Uranus and then sun.
The day moon went into Scorpio, I felt it, as well as other signs.

I believe the progressions say at times more than transits, except for the hard outer to personal planets. Saturn cycles, Uranus and Pluto.

My Mercury progressed into Gemini. My P chart is wierd lookiing. A grand cardinal cross in major angles. ascendant 2 Aries, MC is 1 Cap.
Progressed vertex is conjunct my progressed Libra descendant at 2 degrees

Not use to cardinal, I have more fixed and mutable then cardinal natally.

AquariusMoon

I'm very new to progressions, but I can see how important it is to pay attention to them after having had tr Pluto opp pr Venus for 1.5 yrs. I really felt that, but could only see it after the transit was over. Now I have pr Desc 28 Cancer, pr Sun 28 Cancer, pr Mercury 29 Cancer and natal Uranus 29 Cancer trine natal Saturn. My boyfriend is a Cancer with natal Sun conj Uranus.

Progressions and transits do not aspect each other, only the natal planets in the chart.....So if the progressed aspects and the transits are aspecting your natal planets in a way that has an echo in the natal chart, then they are valid. i.e. say you had progressed Sun in Cancer trining your natal Mars in Scorpio and your natal Sun naturally sextiles Mars in your natal chart, for instance......then it has effect......

Last edited by a moderator:

Sag Moon

I am finding that it's easier to determine major changes coming using progs.(Progressions) & SA's.

My 3 personal planets were in a stellum in the 11th at birth and each time crosses the natal asc. it effects my life.

The last to cross will be Venus using SA method and I hope it is positive change.

The reason it is so easy to see change for me is that having a 2Deg Cancer Asc. with a 2Deg. Cap Jupiter on the 7th house cusp they play off each other.Seeing that I also have Mars at 1Deg. Aries 10th the Asc. is the leg of the T-Square that these planets complete upon their move through the Asc..

To complicate that these are Aries Points which are very powerful points in the Horoscope.

In 2010 at the time my SA Venus moves over the Asc. the major AP (Aries Point)
Transits shall occur . I am giving a wide orb to this because it will be very Heavy as to the planets involved.Normally I use 3 anyway.Most use 2 degrees with AP's.

Starting June 23 ,2010 all these AP's will be really high with energy after we had gone through Pluto moving into Cap ,then Uranus will move into Aries and Jupiter\Saturn will be coming along for the ride. Aries\Cancer\Libra\Capricorn will all form a Grand Cross by transits and anyone having planets at these points will feel quite an impact.
(Saturn will not have moved to Libra yet,but it's close.)

Jupiter,Saturn,Uranus,Pluto will all form aspects to each other at Aries points and it shall be one intresting period for world affairs. Allot of upheaval will occur. I think 911 was a wake up call for what shall happen.
There might be an all out Middle East war who knows.
DRAW UP A CHART FOR 4\26\2010

Progression Charts
In the Progession Charts I focus on the faster moving planets i.e.Sun,Moon,Mercury,Mars and see when they cross any angle,conjunct or aspect a planet(mainly the Hard aspects Sq.\Opposition),Hit a major Midpoint or aspect one,turn retro,enter a new sign. Look to the outter planets also for when they change houses or one of the personal planets conjunct or aspect them.That signals big change.
Then there is great change internally to the person.Outter events can change you also so to look for the outter event through the transits.

The Moon moves fastest and it usually signals where the change is going to occur by which house it's passing through and what what aspects it's making using Progressions. The sign it's in is the feeling of the person. He\she will take on some of the character of that sign outwardly and be involved with things that rule that house.
Lastly ,don't forget the angles! When they move into new signs or conjunct a planet then that will signal something.

Orbs are tight! 1.5-2 deg. at most when applying and 1.0 separating. If you go to far then it beomes muddled in trying to pick-up the most important occurrances when they happen in these charts.

SA's work great for timing change. It's just forwarding the wheel by one yr..

Those are the things I have found through observing Progs & SA's. I just started using these a few yrs. ago and they work.I don't know weather they work better than Progs,but I am starting to see they are easier to understand when things are going to impact your life through an external event.
Infact I'd say that Proressions are the interal growth of the individual and the SA's might be considered what outside external events might produce for internal growth. They both signal change anyway.

Look to major times of change and go back to see what occured using all 3 systems. Progression, SA's,Transits to the Natal planets. I generally don't like using the Tri\Quad Wheels. Look at them individually first to see what they are doing. If after that you like the Tri\Quad Wheel methods then use them.

One more thing. On aspects I found that the Hard aspects,includung the Conjunction, will be influenced or felt more heavily then the Soft aspects. They seem to move the individual to change.

There are other systems also ,but generally not used much.

Wow,that was allot for me to think and write!

Have fun!

Last edited:

SimplyRed

Wow, Pluto conjunct moon, square sun and progressed moon in Scorpio.

I have an obsession with going to Oregon. Why, do not even know. I live on the East Coast. My life has been turned upside down and inside out. There have been so many changes in my life in the past three years, I am still trying to get a grip. People gone from my life. Two sisters I am very close to have not seen in three years. One moved to Seattle, one hooked up with a man who practices black magic. Seriously. My husband became someone I no longer knew. My Leo daughter took off with a drug addict and just now is getting her life back. She is only 20. She left him. My Scorpio daughter had a massive personality change. She went from a shy sensitive teenager to a ultra power freak. She knows POWER and uses it. She has pluto conjunct sun as well. I have a man who is obsessed with me. He is a Virgo. Wierd, a Virgo.
What else, Yea, I have gone through phone records, the works and never done that in my life. I have a Aqua Venus LOL and Sag moon. Seriously, I have done some major obsessive things. I have an obsession with wind chimes and bells. Why, do not know. Wind as well. Horses are another new gig I am currently becoming possessed with.

I have a grand water trine, pisces sun, jupiter conjunct Uranus trine Saturn.
Emotions, Too many. A Sag runs from them. A pisces falls into them.
I feel like someone is stalking me from many bizarre phone calls. Not the Virgo, an unknown. I have had 10 phone numbers in a year in a half.

This sounds like AA LOL:38: :eek:

Anger, I have shown some intense anger. Once I sent a text message to my husband and he said, the long lenthy text message made him feel like someone held him up by his neck and pushed him against the wall. I am 5'3" and weigh 118 pounds. Someone told me I use my keyboard like a 357 magnum

In intense rage I broke three old antique like things, very sentimental. Then wondered where my Pisces went went to. That is on a small amount of rage I have expressed.

Good night. Guess I am not alone.:D

SimplyRed

Update

After writing the above I realized that fear could be huge in pluto transits. Fear and anger work together.

I have been faced with unreal fear before in my life.

Conclusion. As soon as you fear something, it has power over you.
Nothing has power over me, not even death.

LOL, I am glad not to be a Scorpio. Hey Scorpios, nothing intended toward any of you guys.:)

I am glad to be a Pisces and proud of it.

Then there is the saying "feel the fear and do it anyway." That way you have faced it and conquered it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AquariusMoon

http://www.cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

So progressions can show evolution and can be like transits too. Having pr Sun and Mercury conjunct natal Uranus explains why the tr Uranus square Sun transit was felt so intensely and yet I don't have a natal Sun/Uranus aspect. I was wondering where this transit was coming from because I was told that if you don't have a corresponding aspect in the natal, then a transit won't be felt. All I can say is thank God that transit is over. Pr Sun/Mercury and natal Uranus in Cancer trine natal H12 Saturn and square natal H10 Neptune, oppose pr H2 ASC, so a triple transit/progression that is ongoing from natal H8 that shows a focussed study of astrology, lots of computer time, thinking outside of the box, and lots of change. I do have a natal Mercury sextile Uranus aspect. This summer pr Mercury changes signs and will sextile natal Mercury. The pr Sun and pr ASC change signs in a few years. One lucky progression is H7 pr Venus sextile natal Jupiter, which will go on for many years.

Shining Ray, I took your advice and followed my pr Moon, a fascinating exercise! The Leo Moon years corresponded with a very playful time, no work. The Libra Moon years corresponded with progressed Venus turning direct and when I looked my very best and was getting carded all the time. Red, I remember the Scorpio Moon years as being very cool, one intense time for a relationship. The Sagittarius Moon would have been more fun if only tr Pluto wasn't in Sag. The pr Moon is in Cap now along with the pr ASC, which is good for business.

2rainbows

to all of the below, oh my!!

SimplyRed said:
Wow, Pluto conjunct moon, square sun and progressed moon in Scorpio.

I have an obsession with going to Oregon. Why, do not even know. I live on the East Coast. My life has been turned upside down and inside out. There have been so many changes in my life in the past three years, I am still trying to get a grip. People gone from my life. Two sisters I am very close to have not seen in three years. One moved to Seattle, one hooked up with a man who practices black magic. Seriously. My husband became someone I no longer knew. My Leo daughter took off with a drug addict and just now is getting her life back. She is only 20. She left him. My Scorpio daughter had a massive personality change. She went from a shy sensitive teenager to a ultra power freak. She knows POWER and uses it. She has pluto conjunct sun as well. I have a man who is obsessed with me. He is a Virgo. Wierd, a Virgo.
What else, Yea, I have gone through phone records, the works and never done that in my life. I have a Aqua Venus LOL and Sag moon. Seriously, I have done some major obsessive things. I have an obsession with wind chimes and bells. Why, do not know. Wind as well. Horses are another new gig I am currently becoming possessed with.

I have a grand water trine, pisces sun, jupiter conjunct Uranus trine Saturn.
Emotions, Too many. A Sag runs from them. A pisces falls into them.
I feel like someone is stalking me from many bizarre phone calls. Not the Virgo, an unknown. I have had 10 phone numbers in a year in a half.

This sounds like AA LOL:38: :eek:

Anger, I have shown some intense anger. Once I sent a text message to my husband and he said, the long lenthy text message made him feel like someone held him up by his neck and pushed him against the wall. I am 5'3" and weigh 118 pounds. Someone told me I use my keyboard like a 357 magnum

In intense rage I broke three old antique like things, very sentimental. Then wondered where my Pisces went went to. That is on a small amount of rage I have expressed.

Good night. Guess I am not alone.:D

Claire19

My Progressive Moon is now in Cancer (he just made a conjunction to my natal Mars and begin june '06 I had a Progressive New Moon)

It's funny... Now I prefer to just hang around with people I already know and the need to meet new people isn't so big anymore as when I had progressive Moon in Gemini...
I also select and buy more sober clothes and my behaviour is also more sober and timid as when I had PMoon in Gemini...

Also my PVenus is conjunct my nCheiron and i'm painfully aware for now of the scars ex lovers made me and the scars I handed out to ex lovers (Cheiron = wound)

My PSun & PMars are conjunct for now @ 24° Cancer and my nMercury is @ 22° Cancer

And i went to university around the time that my PSun was conjunct my nMercury in the same degree...

But for the big changes I have to wait a bit...
Around my 27, my PSun will run into Leo
Around my 31, my PRising and PMc will change into Libra & Cancer
Just out of interest does Venus natally contact your natal Chiron???
I am investigating CHiron as I am skeptical about it.

Claire19

Thanks everyone,

Ok. Let's take it one type at a time. Progressed first. I think I understand the concept.. in theory! I'd like some practical help. Here are my natal and progressed charts. Could you point out the major influences?

natal_prog.gif

If you cannot see the image, go to http://www.geocities.com/sorehearted/natal_prog.htm

Thanks.
The progressions are the planets moving outside the natal chart on the one chart. Same with transits. THey trigger off natal aspects as we go through life....So we look at the one birth chart. THis is the basis of general predicting of trends and influences.