What's love: Sun/Venus or Moon/Venus?

fullmoonlibra

I've read some articles where there was a discussion about which synastry aspect is more prefered to speak about love between a couple.

Some people prefer the sweet and tenderness between Venus and Moon, but others say that Sun/Venus is more powerful for love.

Now, there is a difference between liking someone and adoration for someone.
You can like someone without being in love, even if you think it's love.
In this case, you realize afterwards that it was a flowing feeling.
Isn't that typically for Moon?

But otherwise I was thinking that Venus/Moon aspects in synastry could be perfectly representing love if the Moon person is a girl and the Venus person a guy.
Because Venus and Moon both represents the 'ideal' woman in a guys chart.
So his Venus to her Moon could mean a synthesizing effect of the ideal mate for a guy...

That's just my hypothesis.

And maybe Venus/Sun could fit better if the Sun person is the guy, cause it's a masculine energy.

Someone I've met has his Venus exactly conjunct my Libra Moon. And trine my Taurus Venus (so both dominant signs!).
And my Venus is square his Sun.

So I actually started thinking that it's better to have female's Moon in aspect to male's Venus and male's Sun in aspect to female's Venus in synastry..

What do you think?

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I would offer that love is a many splendour-ed thing, and so is the natal chart...we really need to start looking beyond one singular aspect of synastry, as there are many factors to consider. Of course Sun and Moon, as per the personalities involved, are important, but I tend to elaborate on that by looking at each individual's relationship chemistry, in comparison to the other's. This also involves the interplay between Moon, Venus and Mars and whether there is harmony within the self, before doing the comparison with the other; this combination really gets to the heart of our needs [Moon] Venus [ideals and expectations] and Mars [desires and actions in love]. It's true that in a male chart, Venus can represent his ideal of the perfect woman, but what about his needs and impetus to initiate love as well. Very often our desires can be in conflict with our expectations. Afflictions to Venus can show how the expectations may be unrealistic, and thus play a role in disappointment for the individual, even while the other may feel that their own needs are being filled. Thus in your view, what does Venus reveal in the woman's chart, and is it any different in meaning than it is in a male's chart? How then do their individual ideals, values and expectations compare to each other? I'm just saying that looking at one singular connection between two charts is a little too simplistic, for in relationship there are many different levels of each individual to be compared. Relationship problems often stem from severe personality differences; or different sets of values, beliefs and ethics; or spiritual differences; ego clashes; can the natural competitive nature of Mars, find harmony between the two; found therein? Venus harmonizing with Sun or Moon also depends on the individual expressions of the other's energies. What then do we consider if one or two components are in harmony, but other factors tend to disagree and not be in harmony. In my experience you will always find differences in synastry charts that directly contradict something else..I would offer that love is a many splendour-ed thing, and so is the natal chart...we really need to start looking beyond one singular aspect of synastry, as there are many factors to consider. Of course Sun and Moon, as per the personalities involved, are important, but I tend to elaborate on that by looking at each individual's relationship chemistry, in comparison to the other's. This also involves the interplay between Moon, Venus and Mars and whether there is harmony within the self, before doing the comparison with the other; this combination really gets to the heart of our needs [Moon] Venus [ideals and expectations] and Mars [desires and actions in love]. It's true that in a male chart, Venus can represent his ideal of the perfect woman, but what about his needs and impetus to initiate love as well. Very often our desires can be in conflict with our expectations. Afflictions to Venus can show how the expectations may be unrealistic, and thus play a role in disappointment for the individual, even while the other may feel that their own needs are being filled. Thus in your view, what does Venus reveal in the woman's chart, and is it any different in meaning than it is in a male's chart? How then do their individual ideals, values and expectations compare to each other? I'm just saying that looking at one singular connection between two charts is a little too simplistic, for in relationship there are many different levels of each individual to be compared. Relationship problems often stem from severe personality differences; or different sets of values, beliefs and ethics; or spiritual differences; ego clashes; can the natural competitive nature of Mars, find harmony between the two; found therein? Venus harmonizing with Sun or Moon also depends on the individual expressions of the other's energies. What then do we consider if one or two components are in harmony, but other factors tend to disagree and not be in harmony. In my experience you will always find differences in synastry charts that directly contradict something else... for the male the Moon often typifies his perception of his mother, and how his own relationships will be a reflection of that, either for good or ill. Thus you need to look further at the conditions of his Moon in his own chart. Venus square another person's Sun can be quite contentious, without give and take, and the striving for harmonization on the part of both parties..can you see? In my own works, I tend to diminish the differentiation between the energies and what they mean for each gender...to me, that is too much of a generalization, because then how do you apply that principle for transgenders or gay folks? This is becoming much more significant in the relationships of today. .this is why synastry takes some time to assess...

serafin5

I would offer that love is a many splendour-ed thing, and so is the natal chart...we really need to start looking beyond one singular aspect of synastry, as there are many factors to consider. Of course Sun and Moon, as per the personalities involved, are important, but I tend to elaborate on that by looking at each individual's relationship chemistry, in comparison to the other's. This also involves the interplay between Moon, Venus and Mars and whether there is harmony within the self, before doing the comparison with the other; this combination really gets to the heart of our needs [Moon] Venus [ideals and expectations] and Mars [desires and actions in love]. It's true that in a male chart, Venus can represent his ideal of the perfect woman, but what about his needs and impetus to initiate love as well. Very often our desires can be in conflict with our expectations. Afflictions to Venus can show how the expectations may be unrealistic, and thus play a role in disappointment for the individual, even while the other may feel that their own needs are being filled. Thus in your view, what does Venus reveal in the woman's chart, and is it any different in meaning than it is in a male's chart? How then do their individual ideals, values and expectations compare to each other? I'm just saying that looking at one singular connection between two charts is a little too simplistic, for in relationship there are many different levels of each individual to be compared. Relationship problems often stem from severe personality differences; or different sets of values, beliefs and ethics; or spiritual differences; ego clashes; can the natural competitive nature of Mars, find harmony between the two; found therein? Venus harmonizing with Sun or Moon also depends on the individual expressions of the other's energies. What then do we consider if one or two components are in harmony, but other factors tend to disagree and not be in harmony. In my experience you will always find differences in synastry charts that directly contradict something else..I would offer that love is a many splendour-ed thing, and so is the natal chart...we really need to start looking beyond one singular aspect of synastry, as there are many factors to consider. Of course Sun and Moon, as per the personalities involved, are important, but I tend to elaborate on that by looking at each individual's relationship chemistry, in comparison to the other's. This also involves the interplay between Moon, Venus and Mars and whether there is harmony within the self, before doing the comparison with the other; this combination really gets to the heart of our needs [Moon] Venus [ideals and expectations] and Mars [desires and actions in love]. It's true that in a male chart, Venus can represent his ideal of the perfect woman, but what about his needs and impetus to initiate love as well. Very often our desires can be in conflict with our expectations. Afflictions to Venus can show how the expectations may be unrealistic, and thus play a role in disappointment for the individual, even while the other may feel that their own needs are being filled. Thus in your view, what does Venus reveal in the woman's chart, and is it any different in meaning than it is in a male's chart? How then do their individual ideals, values and expectations compare to each other? I'm just saying that looking at one singular connection between two charts is a little too simplistic, for in relationship there are many different levels of each individual to be compared. Relationship problems often stem from severe personality differences; or different sets of values, beliefs and ethics; or spiritual differences; ego clashes; can the natural competitive nature of Mars, find harmony between the two; found therein? Venus harmonizing with Sun or Moon also depends on the individual expressions of the other's energies. What then do we consider if one or two components are in harmony, but other factors tend to disagree and not be in harmony. In my experience you will always find differences in synastry charts that directly contradict something else... for the male the Moon often typifies his perception of his mother, and how his own relationships will be a reflection of that, either for good or ill. Thus you need to look further at the conditions of his Moon in his own chart. Venus square another person's Sun can be quite contentious, without give and take, and the striving for harmonization on the part of both parties..can you see? In my own works, I tend to diminish the differentiation between the energies and what they mean for each gender...to me, that is too much of a generalization, because then how do you apply that principle for transgenders or gay folks? This is becoming much more significant in the relationships of today. .this is why synastry takes some time to assess...

I agree and wow good job! Obviously, positive aspects between our Suns and Moons are good to have in any relationship, but you are so right-on about checking out the potential love's Natal chart first!

In addition to Kimbermoon's astute advice, I wanted to share with Fullmoonlibra that at www.cafeastrology.com there are qui...ggrin: Blessings to you always...... Serafin5

Flapjacks

Someone I've met has his Venus exactly conjunct my Libra Moon. And trine my Taurus Venus (so both dominant signs!).
And my Venus is square his Sun.

So I actually started thinking that it's better to have female's Moon in aspect to male's Venus and male's Sun in aspect to female's Venus in synastry..

What do you think?

I agree with kimbermoon that's it's not about particular aspect but a general flow of energy between the charts and dependent on the natal energy as well.

If you have Venus conjunct a lover's Moon, for example, but that Moon is heavily afflicted, there might be some strong attraction there but it might not be all rainbows and kisses!

I think a lot of powerful synastry comes from two charts that reflect similar themes and also make strong synastry contacts. Those relationships can be very powerful and personal with a sense of purpose or kinship.