Does having Venus in Pisces make a person weak?

Sweet Pea

Unconditional love is a beautiful ideal. But it can allow other people to do bad things, because it won't challenge them. So the Venus person is sweet, gentle and forgiving of everything, but the other person never changes or improves or takes himself in hand, because he doesn't have to, because he's loved WHATEVER he does. His ego and his needs and his agenda can grow and grow and grow.....

That's the way that Venus in Pisces (or Venus-Neptune, or Venus in 12th house) can be 'weak' and end up not making a better world, but enabling/allowing other people to make a bad one. What's that saying?.....all it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to say nothing.

sibylline

I would like to respond to this post but it's very difficult to do that when you haven't defined what you mean by weak or given any information to go on at all. People assume what you mean and go from there, but that's not the best, so...

Can you give a couple of sentences or more about what "weak" means, in your words, not katy's?

ChildOfVenus

I quoted Katy's comment because that is what I mean when I say weak.
I would like to respond to this post but it's very difficult to do that when you haven't defined what you mean by weak or given any information to go on at all. People assume what you mean and go from there, but that's not the best, so...

Can you give a couple of sentences or more about what "weak" means, in your words, not katy's?

ChildOfVenus

Well what can you do to change that?
Unconditional love is a beautiful ideal. But it can allow other people to do bad things, because it won't challenge them. So the Venus person is sweet, gentle and forgiving of everything, but the other person never changes or improves or takes himself in hand, because he doesn't have to, because he's loved WHATEVER he does. His ego and his needs and his agenda can grow and grow and grow.....

That's the way that Venus in Pisces (or Venus-Neptune, or Venus in 12th house) can be 'weak' and end up not making a better world, but enabling/allowing other people to make a bad one. What's that saying?.....all it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to say nothing.

sibylline

The thing is...I don't want katy's experience (no offense, katy). I want to know what weak means to you, in your own words? Do you have any examples? How do you experience it? Surely you had some ideas in mind that motivated you to begin this thread?

david starling

You have Venus' "permission" to show Venus in Pisces-type unconditional-love by setting boundaries and not "enabling" self-destructive, or disrespectful behavior in others--it's your choice. Leo Asc encourages kind-hearted behavior that doesn't lower your own energy-level.

ChildOfVenus

Sometimes I feel like I care about people too much and I put a lot into relationships/friendships when I really like someone. It's hard for me to get over someone when I really like them. But once I'm over them I don't look at them in the same way. Sometimes the person comes back I don't know why they do. But it still doesn't matter because I no longer care for them like I once did. I don't know if that's a Venus in Pisces thing though.
The thing is...I don't want katy's experience (no offense, katy). I want to know what weak means to you, in your own words? Do you have any examples? How do you experience it? Surely you had some ideas in mind that motivated you to begin this thread?

Sometimes I feel like I care about people too much and I put a lot into relationships/friendships when I really like someone. It's hard for me to get over someone when I really like them. But once I'm over them I don't look at them in the same way. Sometimes the person comes back I don't know why they do. But it still doesn't matter because I no longer care for them like I once did. I don't know if that's a Venus in Pisces thing though.

Yeah those threads where you were obsessing over the guy and getting yourself worked up and frustrated..? That's a Venus pisces thing...but maybe also Venus-Saturn, because you give your heart to someone, even if they don't deserve it, or it's too quick, because deep-down, we have low self-worth.

ChildOfVenus

I've read where people say this is a beautiful placement. That people are attracted to those who have Venus in Pisces. Because we are kind to everyone and we accept people regardless of their flaws. They can sense that we are caring etc.
You have Venus' "permission" to show Venus in Pisces-type unconditional-love by setting boundaries and not "enabling" self-destructive, or disrespectful behavior in others--it's your choice. Leo Asc encourages kind-hearted behavior that doesn't lower your own energy-level.

aquarius7000

I feel like having this placement makes me weak...
Good point o question you raise there.

Venus and Moon are the two softest or gullible planets, in my opinion. The Moon represents a persons emotions, most innate and hidden fears, home and where one feels comfortable/at home. Venus is what makes a person feel strong/comfortable/fulfilled/peaceful. In other words, what a person likes or cherishes/loves. Both these planets (or planet and a luminary) are as personal as it gets and are by nature (their own qualities) soft. They cannot be compared to hot and dry Mars, which, by nature, is a warrior in order to success and protect.

Pisces is a sign of escapism, but also one that is first in line as far as self sacrifice goes. So, Venus in Pisces is one of the most delicate positions. A little pressed for time, but might continue later.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you and I agree with you about Pisces being the sign of escapism. Often times I feel like I want to escape. Another thing about this placement is that I can be infatuated with people even while being in a relationship.
Good point o question you raise there.

Venus and Moon are the two softest or gullible planets, in my opinion. The Moon represents a persons emotions, most innate and hidden fears, home and where one feels comfortable/at home. Venus is what makes a person feel strong/comfortable/fulfilled/peaceful. In other words, what a person likes or cherishes/loves. Both these planets (or planet and a luminary) are as personal as it gets and are by nature (their own qualities) soft. They cannot be compared to hot and dry Mars, which, by nature, is a warrior in order to success and protect.

Pisces is a sign of escapism, but also one that is first in line as far as self sacrifice goes. So, Venus in Pisces is one of the most delicate positions. A little pressed for time, but might continue later.

sibylline

Okay, now I have a better idea of what you're referring to. Been there, done that. Caring about people I never saw as a weakness though.

It is an issue, however, when you're indiscriminate with your affections and the people you're caring about are simply not worth of it. Venus in Pisces in certain houses and/or with difficult aspects can be prone to this. This is why many learn the supreme rule - vet. If you're not vetting people before you attach your feelings to them, you're going to be hurt over and over and over, feeling used or taken advantage of over and over. Really, this can't be overstated. If you're an adult at some point you have to start tackling misguided behavioral patterns.

Venus in the 8th has the greatest opportunity, of the Western hemisphere ViPs' to fortify itself, I think. Venus in the 9th in Pisces can adopt love as a worldview and spread itself far and wide, and Venus in the 6th can feel overlooked and thus willing to accept anything, etc. You have to tap into the 8th house gift of seeing beyond the obvious to know the heart of the person.

Often times I feel like I want to escape. Another thing about this placement is that I can be infatuated with people even while being in a relationship.

What about secret relationships? Or could that be because I have Venus in the 8th house?

No, it's not, because I have Venus in Pisces in the 8th house, along with Sun in Pisces in the 8th house and I've never had a secret relationship and I have "tunnel vision" in a relationship -- I only see that person. This is pretty typical of the 8th Venus.

When I look at your chart I see other aspects besides Venus in Pisces that are more likely the direct cause or compounding the issue. Neptune in the 5th making hard aspects to personal planets -- indiscriminate, overly idealistic. Seeks to escape through romance. Venus square heavy planets like Uranus -- brings out the more negative side of mutable Venus; touchy, excitable, yet fickle. Mars in Gemini -- easily bored, likes to do more than one thing at once, indecisive.

ChildOfVenus

I don't know if I've really been hurt I think having Venus square Uranus helps a lot. Because after awhile I get bored with the person anyway. So It's eventually like ok whatever. Sometimes I feel like the Venus/Uranus aspect protects me. I don't know if that really makes sense lol it could be my Moon in Aquarius. Honestly if I didn't have Venus in Pisces I probably wouldn't even care so much. Well what in my chart would cause me to like secret relationships? I'm asking because I told this guy I wanted to keep seeing him but that I don't want anyone to find out about it. So I told him it could just be our secret. Yeah Neptune is square my Venus but that orb is so wide.

Okay, now I have a better idea of what you're referring to. Been there, done that. Caring about people I never saw as a weakness though.

It is an issue, however, when you're indiscriminate with your affections and the people you're caring about are simply not worth of it. Venus in Pisces in certain houses and/or with difficult aspects can be prone to this. This is why many learn the supreme rule - vet. If you're not vetting people before you attach your feelings to them, you're going to be hurt over and over and over, feeling used or taken advantage of over and over. Really, this can't be overstated. If you're an adult at some point you have to start tackling misguided behavioral patterns.

Venus in the 8th has the greatest opportunity, of the Western hemisphere ViPs' to fortify itself, I think. Venus in the 9th in Pisces can adopt love as a worldview and spread itself far and wide, and Venus in the 6th can feel overlooked and thus willing to accept anything, etc. You have to tap into the 8th house gift of seeing beyond the obvious to know the heart of the person.

No, it's not, because I have Venus in Pisces in the 8th house, along with Sun in Pisces in the 8th house and I've never had a secret relationship and I have "tunnel vision" in a relationship -- I only see that person. This is pretty typical of the 8th Venus.

When I look at your chart I see other aspects besides Venus in Pisces that are more likely the direct cause or compounding the issue. Neptune in the 5th making hard aspects to personal planets -- indiscriminate, overly idealistic. Seeks to escape through romance. Venus square heavy planets like Uranus -- brings out the more negative side of mutable Venus; touchy, excitable, yet fickle. Mars in Gemini -- easily bored, likes to do more than one thing at once, indecisive.

sibylline

I don't know if I've really been hurt I think having Venus square Uranus helps a lot. Because after awhile I get bored with the person anyway. So It's eventually like ok whatever. Sometimes I feel like the Venus/Uranus aspect protects me. I don't know if that really makes sense lol it could be my Moon in Aquarius. Honestly if I didn't have Venus in Pisces I probably wouldn't even care so much.

So which one is it? Do you care too much or not really? How could Venus in Pisces make you weak if you just bounce back?

TBH, I'm not buying it all, based on your chart, that you've never been hurt. I mean, most humans will have felt hurt by someone they cared about in their lifetime but whatever's clever.

Well what in my chart would cause me to like secret relationships? I'm asking because I told this guy I wanted to keep seeing him but that I don't want anyone to find out about it. So I told him it could just be our secret.

Mercury square Neptune in 5th. The 5th is dating and romance, before we get to 7th and 8th which are partnerships and deeper commitments. There's also the very real fact that outside influences like upbringing, environment, previous experiences affect behavior, not just charts. But like we've discussed before, most of what you say is completely foreign to my nature and all I know of Pisces in the 8th. It's not Venus.

ChildOfVenus

Of course we have all been hurt I guess what I mean is. Once I've been really hurt by someone I usually don't give them anymore chances. Like once I'm over someone whether it be a boyfriend or friend I'm usually done. So the 5th house is dating and since I have Neptune there and it squares my Mercury how does it affect me?
So which one is it? Do you care too much or not really? How could Venus in Pisces make you weak if you just bounce back?

TBH, I'm not buying it all, based on your chart, that you've never been hurt. I mean, most humans will have felt hurt by someone they cared about in their lifetime but whatever's clever.

Mercury square Neptune in 5th. The 5th is dating and romance, before we get to 7th and 8th which are partnerships and deeper commitments. There's also the very real fact that outside influences like upbringing, environment, previous experiences affect behavior, not just charts. But like we've discussed before, most of what you say is completely foreign to my nature and all I know of Pisces in the 8th. It's not Venus.

Last edited:

sibylline

Of course we have all been hurt I guess what I mean is. Once I've been really hurt by someone I usually don't give them anymore chances. Like once I'm over someone whether it be a boyfriend or friend I'm usually done.

Yes, I'm the same way (usually...). Well, that's one thing we have in common. :happy:

So the 5th house is dating and since I have Neptune there and it squares my Mercury how does it affect me?

Neptune in hard aspect -- deception, concealment, secrecy. I can't do all of your astrology for you...learn on your own. It's fun.

ChildOfVenus

I have been learning about astrology on my own but I like knowing other people's opinions.
Yes, I'm the same way (usually...). Well, that's one thing we have in common. :happy:

Neptune in hard aspect -- deception, concealment, secrecy. I can't do all of your astrology for you...learn on your own. It's fun.

AppLeo

I feel like having this placement makes me weak...

Absolutely not.

I feel like a bad placement for Mars would create a weak person. Venus has only to do with aesthetics and love. Besides, Venus in Pisces is a wonderful placement. They're more accepting in relationships and truly believe in the idea of "love."

sibylline

I have been learning about astrology on my own but I like knowing other people's opinions.

Great. Have you secured any books yet?

Absolutely not.

I feel like a bad placement for Mars would create a weak person. Venus has only to do with aesthetics and love. Besides, Venus in Pisces is a wonderful placement. They're more accepting in relationships and truly believe in the idea of "love."

I think she means psychological strength and boundaries, not physical strength, but that's why I asked for clarification. The OP is completely open to interpretation.

@The bolded, yes.