Pallas - Hard Mind, Power.

blacksun?

Recently I began to confirm by research the thesis that where Mercury is the mind in general, Pallas determines the deep mind - by which I don't mean the imagination, but the 'terribly incisive' mind, the true "ace of swords".

Einstein has Pallas on the 8th degree of Aries - the traditional exaltation point of the Sun. That says nothing but it's symbolic for the status Pallas should have. Einstein has Mercury/Saturn/Fortune/Lilith on 4,3,2,1 Aries respectively.

Interestingly though, the incisiveness of Pallas generally pertains not so much to science, but rather to politics and philosophy of morals. It determines the type of understanding that knows what it is doing.

By comparison, Einstein did not necessarily know what he was doing in a moral sense - he did not see the all the consequences of his actions.

Let's look at powerful minds. I am going to do this honestly and search for people I have not looked at.

David Rockefeller has Pallas conjunct Mars and wide conjunct Jupiter
Acute sextile with Saturn
Quindecile to Pluto

By all appearances, Rockefeller had a perfect understanding of actions and their consequences - both active and contemplative. Incredible drive to know the reality of power.

Silvio Berlusconi: no outstanding aspects. Apparently the man doesn't actually know what he is doing. No big surprise.

JFK has Pallas conjunct Lilith in X
Square Mars - Mercury-Jupiter stellium

I've seen many Pallas-square Jupiter in very significant people of very different natures. In general Jupiter squares fortunate - Jupiter is "generous" enough to make squares work for the native if a little honesty is practiced. Squares give excess energy, Jupiter stands in positive relation to excess, resonates well with it.

Pallas with Lilith suggests the knowledge of dark things that was quite evidently a factor in his tenth house life.

4, 5, 6
Trotsky has it on his south node, Mark Zuckerberg on the Midheaven (his only planet there, suggesting the brilliance of his work rather than of his teleological mind), Marx has it square MC, sextile Jupiter, conjunct (3°) Saturn in I and in sextile to the midpoint of his 2° wide Sun/Moon conjunction.

So far, it turns out the most consequence-conscious people have the strongest aspects, which was my premise.

Out of curiosity (not because they are necessarily very great minds), let's look at Obama's aspects, and those of Romney.

Obama has it trine (4°) to his MC (the only major aspect to his MC) and sextile Saturn and opposite Mars and inconjunct Uranus and SN (3°). Quite something (I find it especially interesting that he has so little to his MC, except Pallas)

Romney: late in X, square to Jupiter-Moon (3°) - that's it as far as major aspects are concerned - seems he just knows very well what to do for his own benefit, and knows how to handle himself in realms of power. Obama seems to more conscious president, but is not really a miracle-maker either.

9, 10
Al Gore has it conjunct his Sun and trine the midpoint of his wide ASC/Pluto conjunction. Thomas Edison, tight conjunct Uranus, sharp opposite Vesta (Vesta require study, is also incredibly strong, imposes powerful restraints, can completely subdue Mars in synastry) wider opposite MC (4°). Only aspects to MC save a sextile to Fortune which thus trines the MC.

Last pick for today - Napoleon Bonaparte -
Pallas tightly conjunct Sun in the middle of X, with Ceres, the only things aspecting his Sun.

I'm calling it a night - thanks for reading.

pallas-athena.jpg

Last edited:

theV

Thank you for research I appreciate it save me time. My Pallas Conjunct my sun venus conjunct and square moon jupiter pluto conjunction

tautomer

I generally dont look at asteroids much but i can see use in this. My pallas is in 3deg aries in my 6th. It has tight orb aspects to mercury (sextile) and uranus (square). I am VERY aware of how what I think and do effects others. I go to great lengths to sort this out as it is so important to me. In the present moment i dont see impact well but after reflection I do. My mind is ever searching for this idea moral purity in which I must conduct myself within. It is so complicated though so it will forever be a work in progress. Ultimately i dont want what i want to impact others in a negative way. If i sense that I wont do it.

Also since it deals with the mind. I am a highly scientific individual. I am working on a PhD in organic chemistry, and I am near the top of my class. I have a bizzare way of thinking (mercury inconjunct uranus exact) but it works so well for what i do.

princess valhalla

I have Pallas @ 25deg Aquarius, H10.
Pallas quintiles mercury, squares uranus, trines pluto and squares my ascendant.

Incidentally, Pallas Athena is one of my fave goddesses.

MJ82

Interesting theory. My Pallas is smack in the middle of my large libra stellium in the 8th, and conjunct mars and saturn. I would have thought it was also conjunct my moon and pluto, but maybe there are smaller orbs used for such asteroids. Not sure...

Bjorkstrand

Pallas = graphics, it shows wisdom, that's all.
When it went over the galaxy center the danish cartoonist had a problem with the muslims in the portrayal of mohammed.

Jim

Cascada

My Pallas is exactly conjunct my Saturn (is this supposed to make me a slow thinker :pinched:?) and exactly conjunct my Descendant. Exact square to Pluto, and an exact trine to Jupiter. Another trine to my Sun, but it's just over 2 degrees (does it have to be exact?). I'm not sure what that means :unsure: my Pallas is also joined by my Vesta (5 degrees conjunct though, also in the 7th house). I guess I'm really rigid in my thinking because of the Pallas/Saturn conjunction (Pallas and Saturn also square my Mercury in Scorpio, though with an 8 degree orb).
The plus side is that all of this is happening in Aquarius :w00t:

blacksun?

That sounds impressive.
In my thinking, Pallas conjunct Saturn would not be a slow thinker as much as a thorough one, which can be slow but just because a lot is being done, lots of pressure and solid results - but of course a square Pluto can make everything quite turbulent.

If it's conjunct your descendant, you'd think you are very concerned with social responsibility and implications of your actions toward others. I guess I'd need to see your chart to make a real judgment - for all I know you have Moon and Mars in 1, for example...

But this sounds like you would know a thing or two about Pallas.

TamaraL

Interesting tread to follow, I have been trying to find info on Pallas because my situation is tricky & interesting at the same time.

Pallas conjunction Sun (both in Pisces 9th house)
Pallas conjunction North Node in Pisces
Also N.Node & Sun conjunction Venus (Pallas is caught in between the Sun & Node & Venus but theres no aspect with Venus..who is in Pisces as well)
also I have:

Moon (5th H Saggitarius) square Pallas

& Pallas square Vertex (Not sure if thats important)

So Pallas is kind of important in my chart..Not sure what all these aspects say together though.

:) Thanks for this thread,
Best,
T

Cascada

That sounds impressive.
In my thinking, Pallas conjunct Saturn would not be a slow thinker as much as a thorough one, which can be slow but just because a lot is being done, lots of pressure and solid results - but of course a square Pluto can make everything quite turbulent.

If it's conjunct your descendant, you'd think you are very concerned with social responsibility and implications of your actions toward others. I guess I'd need to see your chart to make a real judgment - for all I know you have Moon and Mars in 1, for example...

But this sounds like you would know a thing or two about Pallas.

That makes sense. That would apply to me anyway, since I'm a triple Libra :smile:
I've always put a lot of focus on my closest aspects between Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn and my Ascendant (and my Neptune/Uranus conjunction). It seems important somehow. I hadn't realised that Pallas was involved, too.
I've attached my chart if you'd like to see.

Attachments

• Reebirthchart2.jpg
    Reebirthchart2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43

Kuntuzangmo

I have a tight conjunction (20 sec.) of pallas/sun with antares (less than one degree), conj. jupiter (three degree orb)....they are all trine asc, and square pluto.
No idea what any of it means.
:)

Last edited:

MiaMiaMia

Pallas is one of my absolute fave points on the chart, so much potential!

My placement : 10th house in Taurus:biggrin:

I relate to the strategic approach to one´s work, but there is a real risk here of wasting the potential or real deep thought and MORAL questions due to a sort of pride/greed when it come to success at work. Romney was denounced for his flip flopping (seemed short sighted of him,but that´s the dark side of Pallas) and Mark (selling information-and his credibility with it) lost some public esteem as well.:unsure:

Maybe our Pallas placement represents a sort of hybris as well? When we think that we out smarted (or out strategized everyone else and fall on our nose (in full view for those with the 10th) : loss against Obama for Romney and Wall street failure for Mark?

Very interesting is Trotsky with South Node conjunct Pallas. I have the same placement, and I wonder if it unlocks some negative Karma perhaps?:surprised:

blacksun?

what mean pallas conjuct north node in first house (sagitarius) ?
True adventures, it seems... into the mind. Seems like possibly a powerful drive to personally investigate into far reach matters. But Ive not really fully quite yet understood the truth of the nodes, to be honest with you. I have Chiron on the South node Aries first house - and Im very very used to Cironic stuff. It may be fully true that the NN is what we need to learn or sort of start to lean toward; maybe this is telling you that you have to become (more) strategic to step into your power.

Last edited:

blacksun?

Pallas is one of my absolute fave points on the chart, so much potential!

My placement : 10th house in Taurus:biggrin:

I relate to the strategic approach to one´s work, but there is a real risk here of wasting the potential or real deep thought and MORAL questions due to a sort of pride/greed when it come to success at work. Romney was denounced for his flip flopping (seemed short sighted of him,but that´s the dark side of Pallas) and Mark (selling information-and his credibility with it) lost some public esteem as well.:unsure:

Maybe our Pallas placement represents a sort of hybris as well? When we think that we out smarted (or out strategized everyone else and fall on our nose (in full view for those with the 10th) : loss against Obama for Romney and Wall street failure for Mark?

Very interesting is Trotsky with South Node conjunct Pallas. I have the same placement, and I wonder if it unlocks some negative Karma perhaps?:surprised:

Dont be too hard on Trotsky - he was the one who tried to stop Stalin.

blacksun?

I have a tight conjunction (20 sec.) of pallas/sun with antares (less than one degree), conj. jupiter (three degree orb)....they are all trine asc, and square pluto.
No idea what any of it means.
:)

Antares is impulsive, Pallas isnt... it could be you have a lot of secrets revealed to you during the course of your life.

Such a concentration is too powerful for a single moment to penetrate, the fixed stars are quite a bit less compromising than the planets; especially Antares!

One might interpret it as a sign that you could win wars with great violence...

blacksun?

That makes sense. That would apply to me anyway, since I'm a triple Libra :smile:
I've always put a lot of focus on my closest aspects between Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn and my Ascendant (and my Neptune/Uranus conjunction). It seems important somehow. I hadn't realised that Pallas was involved, too.
I've attached my chart if you'd like to see.

You seem like a profoundly good person.

I get goosebumps looking at your conjunctions.

Love your bandit Pluto!!

Aarrow

I have Pallas Conjunct my Aquarius Mercury and Neptune, all opposite my Leo Moon. Pallas also Trines my Saturn and Vesta. What way does Pallas effect me from the aspects in my chart?

blacksun?

Sounds like you could be a psychic strategist. Id need to see the whole chart to get a true picture though.

Mercury Pallas Neptune definitely points to extreme perceptive powers, opposed moon makes it 'watery', often unclear where the border between objectivity and subjectivity is - and often even dissolving this border psychically.

Trines to Saturn and Vesta mean determination, discipline, focus. Very good to anchor a Moon-Neptune opposition in reality.