Phillip Seymour Hoffman Dead at age 46 2/2/14

piercethevale

I just found out...
Ever since i saw Him in "State and Main", only 13 years ago, He has been one of my top favorite contemporary actors.
What a tragedy, I had been reffering to Him as the male actors' answer to Meryl Streep. He was a virtuoso, seems as if there wasn't a role imaginable that He couldn't play.
A great loss to Hollywood and his adoring fans this day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/movies/philip-seymour-hoffman-actor-dies-at-46.html?_r=0

ashriia

Yeah, it's a shame. Poor guy, and he was only in his mid 40's, but drugs will take you out like lightning and indiscriminately. wonder if he had aries or scorpio placements.

I only knew him from 'Happiness' the todd solondz film, and 'Synecdoche, New York' which is a great film IMO.

Lucius22

I heard about this as well. :( The first movie I saw him in was Twister. It's a shame he had to go out like that.

serafin5

I just found out...
Ever since i saw Him in "State and Main", only 13 years ago, He has been one of my top favorite contemporary actors.
What a tragedy, I had been reffering to Him as the male actors' answer to Meryl Streep. He was a virtuoso, seems as if there wasn't a role imaginable that He couldn't play.
A great loss to Hollywood and his adoring fans this day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/movies/philip-seymour-hoffman-actor-dies-at-46.html?_r=0

OMG so true! He was amazing, truely a male version of Meryl Streep. I was shocked by his death because I found him in a movie, virtually unheard of, called "Flawless", with, get this, Robert de Niro no less! This came out in 1999 and he 'flawlessly' plays a gay/transsexual man planning his surgery and is hired by de Niro's injured policeman character for speech therapy. They had absolutely nothing in common except the need to both be treated with dignity; and so they bond. Anyway, there is a sub-theme but overall this movie was GREAT!!!
Also, let's not forget his part in "The Talented Mr. Ripley"; 'spooky'! And, saddest of all his Oscar for his amazing portrayal of Truman Capote........
what a waste.

Love2Know

OMG so true! He was amazing, truely a male version of Meryl Streep. I was shocked by his death because I found him in a movie, virtually unheard of, called "Flawless", with, get this, Robert de Niro no less! This came out in 1999 and he 'flawlessly' plays a gay/transsexual man planning his surgery and is hired by de Niro's injured policeman character for speech therapy. They had absolutely nothing in common except the need to both be treated with dignity; and so they bond. Anyway, there is a sub-theme but overall this movie was GREAT!!!
Also, let's not forget his part in "The Talented Mr. Ripley"; 'spooky'! And, saddest of all his Oscar for his amazing portrayal of Truman Capote........
what a waste.
I agree he was an amazing actor I was loved to watch. His speech to his gait to his everything. He made acting a true art for.

piercethevale

what a waste.

Yes! I saw that movie, too. Such a talent,,,he will be missed.:crying: