Uranus transiting the 8th house

lilllybelle

Uranus has been moving through my 7th house for the past several years and is due to move into my 8th house in a couple of months. I know to expect taxes, financial windfalls and other peoples' money to be highlited, but I'm curious as to what it feels like when uranus is in the 8th house- especially when contrasted with how it felt when uranus was in the 7th. Did your lifestyle change much when uranus went into the 8th and how did your feelings and perceptions change?

Uranus in the 7th has been a damaging transit for me. I can't help but see it as fitting that uranus is moving into the house of healing after a soul damaging transit through the 7th house. I'm now actively trying to unlearn the behaviors I developed under this transit.

freedomlover

Uranus has been moving through my 7th house for the past several years and is due to move into my 8th house in a couple of months. I know to expect taxes, financial windfalls and other peoples' money to be highlited, but I'm curious as to what it feels like when uranus is in the 8th house- especially when contrasted with how it felt when uranus was in the 7th. Did your lifestyle change much when uranus went into the 8th and how did your feelings and perceptions change?

Uranus in the 7th has been a damaging transit for me. I can't help but see it as fitting that uranus is moving into the house of healing after a soul damaging transit through the 7th house. I'm now actively trying to unlearn the behaviors I developed under this transit.

Hey Lillybelle!!!!:happy:

I haven't had the transit ( although I have it natally). However, my best girlfriend has had it. Being that Uranus is in Pisces, it has affected her ( in addition to the money things you mentioned), as healing of past sexual abuse, having to move back in with her mother ( she has Moon/Chiron conjunction in Pisces in the 8th, too), working on lots of forgiveness issues over abuse of all kinds, dealing with both the surfacing and resolution of PTSD issues, and an increase in her empathic/psychic abilties. OH, and she remarried briefly in 2002/2003. When she went to live with her husband, she found out the house was haunted by the ghosts of Civil War soldiers - it was built very near a battlefield. Also, right before she married that husband, his teenage daughter committed suicide in the house. Her mother had just died, and she was distraught. Her spirit was hanging around the house, too, and she had to pray her into the light.

I'm sure some of her examples are extreme, though. :eek:

lilllybelle

Hello Freedomlover,

Thank you for the response. I seriously don't want to dredge through more past issues. I got enough of that over the past 15 years when pluto was transiting my 4th house. I'm truely hoping uranus in the 8th will bring a sense of wholeness and help me toss some of my feelings of fragmentation in regards to relationships. I might be fooling myself considering this is uranus we are talking about. Either way, I'll be glad to get uranus out of my 7th house. Thanks for the response.

Vista

Hello Freedomlover,

Thank you for the response. I seriously don't want to dredge through more past issues. I got enough of that over the past 15 years when pluto was transiting my 4th house. I'm truely hoping uranus in the 8th will bring a sense of wholeness and help me toss some of my feelings of fragmentation in regards to relationships. I might be fooling myself considering this is uranus we are talking about. Either way, I'll be glad to get uranus out of my 7th house. Thanks for the response.

Expect the unexpected that's all I can say! Do you have any planets in the 8th house? If so, look at conjunctions to these planets from Uranus. When Uranus went through my 8th house I lost my grandfather at the begining of the transit, had my first boyfriend and sex for the first time, later broke up with this boyfriend whe T Uranus conjunct my 8th house Venus, and had problems with owing back taxes.

I will have Uranus transiting my 8th house (Virgo rising). I notice the space issues in relationships with Uranus through the 7th house. Only related to our different time zones, he works nights etc. I have cold nights, and snuggle with my astrology books and computer, my love relation with Uranus :biggrin:.

What to expect in this time depends on natal. I will write a cold list of what may happen. You need to have a look at what planets you have in other cardinal signs and see if Uranus in going trigger something. In this way you can time an event, Uranus unless triggered colours the background of your life, and when triggered then becomes a major player, activating 8th house issues, and especially the natal planets, what you are working through this lifetime. I have Venus in Capricorn 25 degrees square Pluto in Libra 19 degrees. I expect from the midway point (T. Uranus 15 degrees Aries) the most difficult time. I do have an easy start with T Jupiter-Uranus 0 Aries trine natal Jupiter 0 Leo (Uranus still in 7th near cusp of 8th), and the trine to outer planet Neptune in Sag 20. Fire signs will show some ease in the depths of the 8th house. I may go underground with astrology in the 8th house, or just go into more research on astrology. Time will tell...

The List (Virgo rising :wink:) Uranus' to do list :biggrin: (I hope he doesn't do it all ahh)

• Awakening to power and intensity
  • Exceptional use of resources
  • Research of any subject
  • Enlightenment about deeper aspects of relationships/universe
  • Liberated from control/unnecessary desires/possessiveness/manipulation
  • New found power
  • Sexually exciting/detachment
  • Occult subjects greatly favoured
  • Unexpected money/wills/joint fiances (look to natal promise).
  • Disruptions in relationships concerning joint finances/sexual relationship if challenged
  • In some way the financial situation may be altered, you could find new ways to make money. I could sell my astrology now (ching ching).
  • Unexpected deaths/births
  • Powerful intuition during this phase and maybe some strange psychic experiences. This does intrigue me, as I have had some dream premonitions and wonder how intuitive I could really be under this transit. I have natal Uranus in Scorpio too.
  • New business for some people
  • New revelations stemming from the past, encouraging new ways to relate intimately
  • Uranus represents release and is an extremely freeing energy, it has helped me out of ruts numerous times, but it can be uncomfortable in the 8th house. It can also offer us new alternative ways to heal.
  • A breakthrough with past complexes can occur, depending on aspects.
  • Uranus rules shocks and sudden revelations so we could expect something revealed to us at this time about someone close :unsure: or we reveal 'something'. It could be shocking, hurtful, painful. It will be interesting, but I am not looking forward to Uranus square my Venus. It will be a learning experience either way.

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Sorry for my slow response again. I've been working and traveling a lot lately. I do appreciate the feedback. My mars, venus and south node are in the 8th house, but it will be several years before the conjunction takes place. It seems I am very intrested in the emotional landscape of this transit as opposed to the events of this coming transit, but the emotional landscape of a transit is kind of hard to describe. I guess I will just have to wait and see what it is like. I hope to regain some of the emotional openess I lost as uranus has transited my 7th house. I got way too detached with uranus in the 7th. Thank you again for the replies.

beatnikgirl

I would have thought dependent on which sign and house your natal Uranus is in there will be a certain flavour of that to Uranus transiting the 8th, For example if you had Uranus in your 6th house in say Sag, you may be presented with an unexpected opportunity through work to travel and that journey may bring extra financial gains or of course a sexual encounter.
Or perhaps you have Uranus in gemini, or in the 3rd house maybe you would become interested in erotic literature or begin a sexual encounter that involved mental as well as physical desires, it could equally be you join a forum online to discuss very 8th house related topics like death the afterlife reincarnation, could even decide to write a book on such subject if there are indications in your natal chart of literary skills. So take a look at your Natal Uranus and then see how that potential and energy will manifest in you 8th and if while it's transiting it makes any contact with other natal planets.

Uranus seems to shake you up unless your comfortable with Uranus energy, I have Aquarius Rising and Uranus in Libra, Uranus has been transiting my 1st house for over decade I was born in the UK and my first house has pisces intercepted, and runs to 13 degress of Aries as well, if you use the Placidus system so I'm gonna have uranus meandering along through my 1st for many years to come still.
At the start of it's transit I found my relationships Uranus Natal Libra took on a very eccentric feel I was involved with creative individuals who used technology and were into some very radical politics and altruistic charitable organizations. Since it's moved into Pisces I have an emotional spiritual wake up call, it will actually trine my Moon in Scorpio towards the end of that cycle, I deeply want to become a mother but so much in my natal chart seems to be working against that as a possibility, I'm curious how this Uranus contact will affect that. Also eventually it will conjunct my Chiron and my Mercury and forms an opposition to my natal Uranus before it moves out of my 1st house so I'm kind of scared but fascinated how that will also manifest, I have chiron trine my MC many people have told me that is the sign of a healer but as yet I have a hard enough time healing myself and haven't tapped into that energy yet, I have a feeling Uranus will force my hand on that too. I have to say so far I have not experience any negative outcomes from Uranus transits, Personally it's Pluto that seems destructive and tends to turn my world on it's head every so often when it's making a major transit. My advice is if you are unwilling to embrace change Uranus will really throw everything it's got at you till you start making radical changes yourself.

lilllybelle

I would have thought dependent on which sign and house your natal Uranus is in there will be a certain flavour of that to Uranus transiting the 8th

I have found this to be true for most transits, but I started toying with the idea a little bit. My natal uranus is retrograde in the 3rd house. Due to the retrograde factor, I believe this is a strong indicator of travel or moving. So this would indicate that I should have moved most every time uranus changed houses in the past. I whipped my ephemeris out and found that I moved every time uranus moved houses with the exception of when it entered the 6th house. Why the 6th house was the exception, I don't know. Two of these transits took place when I was 4 and 12, so I can't recall how close the move came to uranus entering the cusp of the new house.

I moved across the country this January and uranus is due to enter my 8th house in May. I think the move I made in January is too far away from May to be an influence of this upcoming uranus transit. I think the move I just made is more reflective of pluto entering my 5th house- which just took place in Febuary. I'm due to move to another city in early April- that may be part of the upcoming uranus transit.

astro09

For me T Uranus is getting close to that 8th H cusp...I have few planets in the 2nd H and at some time T uranus will be opposing them one by one (including a simultaneous square to N mars)... N uranus is in a tied conj. with my asc....One can never get ready for T Uranus...

astro09

lilllybelle,

Varies...health issue, relocation, moving...

When my solar arc Uranus conjucted my mercury, I started to study astrology.

Ebenia

I have just read an amazing book about Uranus, Saturnus and Pluto (Gods of Change) - get it if you can! It really does help to understand the core of these planets. I took some quotes on Uranus being in the 8th house and I wrote it down for you to see if you would find it useful:

"The urge for closeness and intimacy with another person is one of our primary drives. As a child, our lives depended on another person loving, feeding, looking after us. Later, as an adult, we can probably survive on our own, but we still seek fulfilment through love and relationships. The seventh house describes quite a bit about what we meet in partneship, but the eight house goes a step further and depicts what we are like in situations of intimacy - what happens behind close doors."

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

--
"When Uranus transits the eighth, we have a chance to open to others like never before. If, for example, we've had difficulty expressing ourselves sexually or fully letting go with another person, this could be a time of breakthrough. Married people may be able to breathe new life into their sexual relationship. Whatever our situation, married or single, we might meet someone new to expands our sexual horizons." -

"In some cases we might experience the death (perhaps sudden or unexpected) of someone close to us, and this could awaken an awareness of our own finiture, or of the precious brevity of life. Our attention may turn to a study of death or the philosophy of karma and reincarnation. Or, motivated by a desire to understand the hidden laws and forces operating in life, our interest could move into more unconvetional directions towards the occult or magic, but, as always with Uranus, anything extreme or exxentric should be guarded against..."

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

(Sasportas 1989, 87-88.)

Hope you found it useful! :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

tanamarios

Remember also , that Uranus is accidentally exalted in the 8th house. The natural sign of the 8th house is Scorpio where Uranus is exalted.

astro09

Ebenia,

Thanks for taking your time and shared with us your (literature) references.

Lets see what it turns out...

lilllybelle

Elbenia,

That was a helpful post. I'll try to locate the book you mentioned. I think I might enjoy uranus being in the 8th as I miss having that kind of private intimacy with someone else.

Ebenia

You're both welcome! I am happy that it was helpful.

The Book itself is really good and I would recommend it to anyone going through a huge outerplanet transit. It really does explain things on a deeper level. And the book was called "The Gods of Change" by Sasportas. :love:

dub.tribe

I think it’s hard to predict what Uranus brings. As Vista said, “expect the unexpected”.
Mine is nataly in 4th house, square Sun, Mercury and DC in Aquarius.

It’s hard to tell how it influenced me over so many years of transit through 7th house. I have 3 planets there, so each time Uranus conjoined one of them, major changes occurred – I think I could summarize them as separations from other people. I always had good relationships with men, friends and others, but for example at some point I had a long distance relationship, then for the first time in my life I did not date for the whole year and I also moved by myself to another continent.

When it entered 8th house, I moved in with my (now ex) boyfriend. I think that’s a nice example of what happens when nataly Uranus rules 7th (boyfriend), it’s in 4th (home) and it’s entering 8th (joint resources). We did it for practical reasons, and it was an amazing experience for me since I have never felt such closeness and responsibility in a relationship with a man.

As Ebenia brought up, 8th house is related to death as well. Unfortunately yes, we had an unexpected death in the family but this, I’m sure, didn’t happen only because of Uranus (transits of Neptune, 8th house ruler are involved too). I’m sure that Uranus in 8th may somehow facilitate growth and healing process. I do think about life & death on a daily basis, how much time I have left and what I’m going to do with it, how I’d cope with life if one day I lose the ones that I love the most… That’s all part of raised awareness in regards to endings.

And there’s more… but there are other transits in the mix too. Overall, yes, things did change for me after Uranus entered 8th. I’m certain Uranus in general can facilitate emotional openness, but from my experiences there was always some sort of a separation involved – along the lines of having to be far away to feel close and open.

diana795

so Uranus will leave my 8th house some time in 2013 (beginning). still, I already feel broken.
Up to now, this year only, my sister died, then my dad died, then I broke up with someone I was deeply in love with, I inherited stuff but also have to pay ridiculous taxes and it's taking a while and yes, I've had an unusual sex drive and one pleasant experience.

I am now depressed, unable to go to work (medical leave) and will use the last 2 weeks before I return to work to do some reading on Uranus transits.

Scary stuff, my dad and my stepmom have Uranus transiting their 8th house. The only regret I have is that I can't read better into transits (yet) to read more about the day he died. This life is hard.

diana795

oh and I looked at transits in my chart the day my father died:
natal Saturn square tr. Sun and Moon
transit Mars square Uranus and North Node
natal Pluto square transit Pluto, opposed Uranus and conjunct Saturn

DiDi

diana just thought i share some uranus 8th house things and when my dad died unexpectantly in his sleep at age 47

firstly when i met the man i love t uranus was in his 8th house at 18deg aqu when we met it was exact 24.50aqu his natal venus and my natal sun he had been "out there so to speak finding casual affairs" it started for him around that time t uranus went into his 8th house.

when my dad died, i also gave birth to my daughter... 8th h issues life and death. sun moon merc and venus all conjunct in my 8th house.. not that weird thou! but T saturn conj my natal mercury which is the ruler of my 8thH I also got married with mercury and 8thhouse issues... and so i also find love then too.. maybe its my scorpio asc but i have no idea why my merc is involved.
t pluto had hit my scorpio asc at 21 scoripio
t uranus was 18 cap saturn ruler like i said conj my 8th house ruler
t jupiter opp my natal saturn