Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 08-22-2010, 03:53 PM

Is there a house that represents grandparents?

I had a very close relationship with my maternal grandfather whos death when I was 17 had a huge impact and still does on my life. I was wondering if this is seen in my natal chart? I have never heard of a house that represents grandparents, does one exist? My grandfather was a gemmni sun with moon in leo? does this close connection with him show in my chart?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif My natal.gif (41.1 KB, 11 views)

Unread 08-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Re: Is there a house that represents grandparents?

Grandparents are 7th House. Specific grandparents are derived from houses related to your parents. Your father is the 4th House and your mother is the 10th House. Your mother's father is the derived fourth house which is the Chart's 1st House.

Quickly glancing at your chart, when you had 17 years your progressed Venus (significator of grandparents ruling the 7th House) would have moved to oppose natal Jupiter in your 8th House by partile opposition. That's one possibility.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Unread 08-23-2010, 05:01 AM

Re: Is there a house that represents grandparents?

Following a different tradition* than Mr. Zemco, for me, parents, grandparents and ancestors in general are all signified by the 4th house; Al-Biruni too both in his "nativity" section and in his section on Parts**, allocates Parts relating to the grandparents to the 4th house ("Fourth House Lots") However, this tradition is rather simplistic regarding elbaorated significations, and deriving various more specific relations (grandmother vs grandfather; paternal vs maternal, etc) is better achieved by the methods described above by Mr. Zemco...

*The Ankara (Old Turkish) tradition

**Al-Biruni, "Elements of the Art of Astrology" (1029 AD)

Tags
grandparents, house, represents