Death in this solar return chart? What are your thoughts?

Jewelsxee

Hello, so I was looking at this solar return chart of a relative and it peeked my concern. I know that using solar return charts for this reason is unethical but I’d anyone has any insight I would really appreciate it. Do you see a death happening for this individual?

[Chart deleted because there's no indication that native has consented to having it posted. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
Jewlsexee,

You didn't include your relative's chart, and you may not unless you have this person's informed consent to post it in a public forum and ask this very question. If you do have their informed consent, you must make that clear in order to post their chart.

It's impossible to definitively predict death astrologically. There is a whole study of death charts, reviewing natal charts and transits for the moment when a person died, but in those cases, the outcome is known. However, everything that shows up in a death chart also shows up, again and again, in non-death charts. No one ever dies just because certain transits are happening.

Another way to read for impending death, and this is really the only way that is ethical, is to look at your own transits and progressions. You may see a pattern in which ones turn up when you lose a close person. But what that pattern is varies from person to person and situation to situation. There's no universal marker you can point to and say, "That transit means someone in your life is about to die."

Unless your relative has a terminal illness and has been told they have a year or less to live, there's no reason their solar return chart would mean they die this year. If they do have a terminal illness expected to kill them within a year, it doesn't take astrology to tell you that's likely to happen.

Last edited:

Jewelsxee

Jewlsexee,

You didn't include your relative's chart, and you may not unless you have this person's informed consent to post it in a public forum and ask this very question.

It's impossible to definitively predict death astrologically. There is a whole study of death charts, reviewing natal charts and transits for the moment when a person died, but in those cases, the outcome is known. However, everything that shows up in a death chart also shows up, again and again, in non-death charts. No one ever dies just because certain transits are happening.

Another way to read for impending death, and this is really the only way that is ethical, is to look at your own transits and progressions. You may see a pattern in which ones turn up when you lose a close person. But what that pattern is varies from person to person and situation to situation. There's no universal marker you can point to and say, "That transit means someone in your life is about to die."

Unless your relative has a terminal illness and has been told they have a year or less to live, there's no reason their solar return chart would mean they die this year. If they do have a terminal illness expected to kill them within a year, it doesn't take astrology to tell you that's likely to happen.

Sorry I wasn’t quite sure how to post an image because this is my first post here. However I posted a link to the photo because I’m not sure how else to do it. and I have consent from the individual

Osamenor

Staff member
Sorry I wasn’t quite sure how to post an image because this is my first post here. However I posted a link to the photo because I’m not sure how else to do it. and I have consent from the individual

In that case you may repost it. I deleted it because you posted it before indicating you had consent.

Jewelsxee

And what is it about the solar return chart that makes you think it indicates death?

His 8h has a stellium with sun, Venus, Mars and Saturn in it. His Asc is in Virgo SR which is in his 4h Natally. His twin brother has moon in the 8h as well. When I searched the web I saw these in other forums

Osamenor

Staff member
Solar return 8th house or natal 8th house? (If you'd repost the chart, I could see for myself.)

In neither case does it mean the person will die. A concentration in the eighth house means topics to do with the eighth house are especially pertinent for them right now, but eighth house topics include many things besides death. When the eighth house does indicate death, it doesn't mean your own death, it means the experience of losing someone to death. The person with the eighth house highlights is attending the funeral, not lying in state at it.

Furthermore, solar return houses depend on the chart being cast for the correct location. That's the location where the native lives. If you cast it for their birth location, but that's not where they live now, they might not have eighth house placements at all.