Algol, is it really effective ?

I have it 26 degree's in Taurus, so conjunct my Moon and Mars.

How does that work out?

“Some astrologers say that Algol can indicate a person who stands up and speaks out about injustice which they feel passionately about, and who attracts dificult/intense life situations but who also has the ability to handle them. Negatively it is said that Algol folks will be cruel, harsh, brutal, destructive.”

"Algol Keywords by Darkstar Astrology: Creating monsters, Frankenstein, splicing, plastic surgery, mutation, genetic manipulation, playing god, weird heads, unusual hair, abnormal sex drive, perversion, warped mind, exaggerated demeanor, deformities, a creation that becomes destructive to its maker, regeneration, montaging, potency versus impotence, brewers droop, striking, stunning, spine-tingling."

astro_2gw_01_ce.42063.32037.gif

Kscar

Way too wide of an orb IMO. Yes it is just when within maybe at most 3 degrees... Correct my sleep deprived brain if I'm mistaken...

Way too wide of an orb IMO. Yes it is just when within maybe at most 3 degrees... Correct my sleep deprived brain if I'm mistaken...

I have come very close to killing someone, it's not false, but i would never actually do it.

Perhaps that represents what you see in my chart, it's close, but not close enough?

IleneK

Premium Member
Here is a link to one of the modern experts on the Fixed Stars, Diana K Rosenberg. There is a lot about Algol, if you are up to it:

http://www.ye-stars.com/oldalgol.htm

My sun in 25 Taurus.

Is Algol effective? I would say, yes, and so you have pay attention to the choices you make in your personal behaviour in regard to:
Algol can indicate a person who stands up and speaks out about injustice which they feel passionately about, and who attracts dificult/intense life situations but who also has the ability to handle them. Negatively it is said that Algol folks will be cruel, harsh, brutal, destructive

Bring attention to your thoughts, feelings, impulses.

Last edited:

Kscar

Fixed stars are tricky and cunning at times. But 13 degrees is just way to far to have an direct impact on anything.

IleneK

Premium Member
Fixed stars are tricky and cunning at times. But 13 degrees is just way to far to have an direct impact on anything.

I am not sure what you are seeing.

Algol is at about 25-26 degrees Taurus. The conjunction between CE's Moon and Mars to Algol is almost exact.

Fixed stars have attributes and are no more cunning or tricky than other bodies in the chart.

IleneK

Premium Member
I have come very close to killing someone, it's not false, but i would never actually do it.

Perhaps that represents what you see in my chart, it's close, but not close enough?

I think it is close enough.
But in the end, you get to chose whether you act on your impulses or not.

I think it is close enough.
But in the end, you get to chose whether you act on your impulses or not.

Well i have been close to killing someone, i believe the impulse was my teen years, i am not a danger to anyone in that regard but i will handle someone if they cross me, not always directly myself, i defend who and what i love.

IleneK

Premium Member
Noted. Though now with some sleep the image is "expired". What was I looking at to be that far off. It's very out of character for me.

Gee, I am not sure what you saw. But the chart posted and the OP indicated natal Moon and Mars at about 26 Taurus which is conjunct Algol.