Banking vs Writing Fiction

davibp04

Dear all,
I'm 24 Male, Brazilian, a student of astrology, aspiring Childrens fiction writer and musician. I also love psychology and reading in general.
Due to a few ambitious choices I've made in life (I'm still only 24) I'm currently working in an Investment Bank, with a very promising career as a Financial analyst. I've just been very sad and frustrated because my artistic side is feeling completed left-out.
Could someone please help me understand if I could make a career in Writing/Counselling work?
I'm putting my natal chart in attach... thank you very much, I really appreciate this forum in my life!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-07-31 at 23.05.21.png
    Screen shot 2013-07-31 at 23.05.21.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 36

Zarathu

Account Closed
Unless you are independently wealthy, it may be diffiuclt to survive on stipend from writing. It looks glamourous, but few people actually can make money to live on from writing children's books or short stories. And you need to spend at least 6 hours a day writing every day of your life on your craft. You also need to take courses at the university level in how to write.

I don't know what the circumstance for psychological counseling in Brazil is but in the USA, professional counselors don't make a lot of money, AND you need an under grad degree in a social field and at least a Masters Degree in Counseling psychology. Even with a Masters, except in public schools, or if you have an MSW, someone with a PhD will need to be supervisiong your every move.

So before looking at a potential in your chart, what do you say to the above?

Marinka

Please go to astro.com and generate your chart from there. Instructions are located in the "Read My Chart" section of this forum.

davibp04

Dear Zarathu,
Indeed, both writing and counselling careers aren't very easy to pursue, but I know a few people who make a very comfortable living (almost 200k a year) with personal counselling using numerology, astroogy and pathwork groups. There is a growing interest in this field in the brazillian market and if you're lucky and have the right connections, it could very well work financially.
As for the Writing children's books, that's indeed a very rough market in Brazil, I'm thinking of moving to england if I decide to pursue trhis career. I have been writing non-stop for more than two years and I have a project of a book already.
Also, I have a comfotable family situation, which makes things easier, and I could also receive a salary from an academic career (I'm applying for a masters in july next year).
With all the practicalities in mind, what do you think about the chart itself?
I have the Lord 10 - Jupiter, in the 5th house, Trine the Sun in the Ascendant.
I would think that could be related to a good luck in creative fields?

Thank you again and Best regards!

Davi

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-26 at 08.19.03.png
    Screen shot 2013-11-26 at 08.19.03.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 32

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, there is a pre-requisite for looking at the career path, and thats looking at your life mission. If your career doesn't connect to your life's mission, you may be successful but eventually you will know that something is missing and you will feel unfulfilled, regardless of how successful the career was/is, how much money you made, or how many people like you.

So I would need to do that first. Do you want that, or are you looking for a simple answer? There is nothing wrong with just looking for a simple answer. But in life, as in astrology, there are no simple answers. People can give simple answers to complex questions, but more than likely they will be wrong---in the long run.

And I generally avoid career analyses because there are so many prerequisites for the client to need to know about before we get into this final thing. And the second reason is that most people simply want a simple answer. They aren't willing to go through the soul searching that goes along with the astrological analysis of the real, but unfortunately complex, answer.

My opinion, of course.

davibp04

Dear Zarathu,
Of course, I always prefer to think deeply about any subject. I have studied my life mission through numerology, which I'm also very fond of, and it relates very well to literature and other creative arts that have the human well-being as an objective. It wouldn't be the case for the "pure art for art" career, I always have a feeling of writing to be able to make other lives better. The mission through numerology also relates to home affairs, family medicine or nursing, fatherhood, music and literature with the well-being in mind and serving others from my family and my community. It could also relate to NGO's and other administrative works, but it is the number of love and family.
I'm explaining this to you so that you know what kind of work I have already done in my search for myself and my mission. I don't know how to do an indepth study of my mission through astrology, though...
I would be very glad and would feel illuminated if you could help me in this subject.
Thank you a lot for your attention and messages.
Best regards,
Davi

Zarathu

Account Closed
Dear Zarathu,
Of course, I always prefer to think deeply about any subject. I have studied my life mission through numerology, which I'm also very fond of, and it relates very well to literature and other creative arts that have the human well-being as an objective. It wouldn't be the case for the "pure art for art" career, I always have a feeling of writing to be able to make other lives better. The mission through numerology also relates to home affairs, family medicine or nursing, fatherhood, music and literature with the well-being in mind and serving others from my family and my community. It could also relate to NGO's and other administrative works, but it is the number of love and family.
I'm explaining this to you so that you know what kind of work I have already done in my search for myself and my mission. I don't know how to do an indepth study of my mission through astrology, though...
I would be very glad and would feel illuminated if you could help me in this subject.
Thank you a lot for your attention and messages.
Best regards,
Davi

Sounds like you are all set to go. Good Luck to you.

davibp04

Dear Zarathu,
Thanks!
I would still very much like to hear your analysys from the astrological point of view. I'm just starting to study astrology and I haven't been able to figure things out the way I want to in relation to vocation.
Could you give me any astrological insights?
If you're not available I fully understand, thank you for your time and effort!
Best regards,
Davi

Kannon

Davi - I personally would like to cast your chart myself if I'm going to answer your question. You can email me if you don't want the data up in the forum.

Also, if you take the time/place down that you asked this, it could be the basis of an horary query, which could be posted. Many astrologers would use both for confirmation.

davibp04

Dear Kannon,
than you very much!
I don't mind having my info here at all. It's even good because this could serve as study/reference material for others who are in a similar search...
DaviBP
February 20, 1990
06:10 AM
Sao Paulo, Brazil

And for Horary, the question was posted on the forum at 11-25-2013 10:12 PM, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Thank you very much and in you need any other info, I'll be glad to provide.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Davi,

venus lord 3rd for writings/communications highest planetary degree flair of the personality, over capricorn 11th for gains, while could be undemonstrative in expression, conjunct lord 2nd for finances-speech elevated over capricorn 11th for gains, conjunct saturn lord 11th own capricorn. moon lord 5th over capricorn 10th seeking public appeal.

mercury conjunct rahu for communications over the 12th reformist acquarius with aptitude for writings etc, mercury lord 4th over the 12th for foreign lands. saturn lord 12th own capricorn 11th for gains. mercury lord 7th for career support/vocation/business and relationship over semi-friendly saturnine acquarius 12th house for losses.

asc jupiter sensitive and wise sun over pisces, lord jupiter elevated over 4th cancer for domestic comforts, studiousness, mother, property matters, growth and riches in life through pursuit of knowledge, advisory roles, trining and aspecting own pisces ascendant protective of health and general well being, while also trines and aspects scorpio 9th protective of luck and higher education, tending to higher learnings in the occult and research aptitude. moon aspects own cancer 5th for education, children, educational field, advisory roles.

however, elevated jupiter makes debilated aspect over the stellium of moon-mars-venus-saturn capricorn impacting gains/profits/friendships and impact luck and finances aspecting mars lord 2/9, impacting siblings and gains through writings aspecting venus lord 3rd capricorn, etc

wonder whether make gains through communications-writings!

leo 6th tends to prefer work in administrative settings,
while sun lord 6th over asc sign pisces 12th impacting health perhaps especially during infancy. sun pisces wise and sensitive early degree even sign and of old age and maturity same time. may tend to spend high on foreign lands.

ketu the separative node over the 6th leo inherently of high self-pride, individualistic, sensitive, tending to sudden decisions, tending to be aggressive with opponents, impacting health, prone to minor accidents perhaps, and tending to job separations - which may need to be avoided considering debilated aspect of jupiter over 11th for gains/profits.

jupiter significator for banking/finances elevated over cancer 4th as lord 1/10 houses for self-career.

jupiter-saturn opposition could lead to miscalculations and misunderstandings which need to be avoided,
which could lead to missing career opportunities etc. moon aspects own cancer and elevated jupiter.

rahu/ketu the nodes placed 2/8 from moon could tend to sudden issues/problems in life
with ref to employment matters and foreign lands.

currently saturn-rahu transit occult enemy sign scorpio 9th impacting luck under stress tending to change and foreign lands. ketu over taurus 3rd tending to initiative but could be impulsive and prone to injury.

jupiter had been transit elevated cancer over natal jupiter the asc lord and lord 10th, tending to career promotion,
but recently retrograde till early March or so reviewing and delaying things.

retro jupiter gemini now aspects own sagittarius 10th protective of career.

come March jupiter turns direct elevated cancer natal jupiter, trine own pisces asc and trine scorpio transit saturn-rahu 9th containing the stress of the same, while could promote occult and research aptitude and distant travels,

while elevated jupiter cancer makes debilated aspect over capricorn 11th for gains and the natal stellium of planets there, impacting earnings/profits/friendships etc to watch and care for, thus a mixed bag to reflect upon.

hope generic observations/inputs find relevant for consideration.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Edward

Overall, your radix is looking very good!

I would stay at your current direction as financial analyst for now: Mercury, albeit not the most fortunate planet in your nativity (12th house), he's at least conjunct the North node. Jupiter (finances) is also OK, being exalted on cusp of the 5th. Mars as ruler of the 2nd is exalted in the 11th.

As for writing children's books: Venus is primary Ptolemaian significator of profession. She's conjunct Saturn (in domicile) in the 11th. William Lilly says to this (CA III, p.628): "...makes Merchants, or such as trade in things or commodities tending to pleasure." Venus/Saturn being placed in the 11th (5th from the 7th, other people's children) this seems perfectly appropriate for someone selling children's books or other means of entertainment. Just go on, you'll make it.

Krewster

Your Sun enjoys a preponderance of supportive aspects and so you will probably make do well no matter what your choice (especially its 120-40-160 triangle with Jup and Sat, average orb 27-ish min, indicating your social success is supported by being at peace with the need for conservative structure in life).

Your Ven and Mars are more challenged (the former via tight semi-semi-square aspects to the Moon and Jup; the latter by a 45 to the Sun), suggesting less stability and/or that the never satiated desire for more stability in these areas is the motivation for wanting to express via art, etc.

From this remote view, the aspects seem to suggest your best longterm bet will be to let your Sun shine in environments pertaining to security (e.g., salary) while keeping your Ven and Mars at home....

davibp04

Dear Edward,
Thank you so much! this interpretation of the 11th as other peoples children was really amazing! I hadn't realized that yet... Truth is that whatever I have to do in life, it probably has lots to do with the 11th house, I've got 5/6 planets in there!
I'll keep looking and for sure astroogy will continue to be one of my guides in this quest. Thank you very much for the insight and have a great weekend! =)
Davi

davibp04

Dear Kshantaram,
Your insights have been very valuable, thank you very much!
You write in a very advanced way, I don't know how much of what you meant I was actually able to grasp, but I'll read it again once in a while and try to "digest" it piece by piece. Thank you for your kindness and insights! (ps: I'll also look up the vedic names, I'm not familiar with them). As for the feedback you asked, I could say that your analysys seems very complex (maybe a bit too much if there is such a thing), and it would be good if you could add a summary at the end, explaining your final judgement. I couldn't really understand how to weight the different aspects presented in order to come up with a judgement. But I recognize that it may be due to my own lack of skill. (I speak from the point of view of a new-comer, of course).
Thank you very much again for giving me your words and your interpretation.

Krewster,
Thank you very much for the interpretation. It's always good to see a more "practical" point of view. Thanks for summarizing everything up in the end for me, that makes it easier to understand what you meant. (maybe due to a lack of knowledge from my part).

kshantaram

Premium Member
Davi,

venus lord 3rd for writings/communications highest planetary degree,
flair of the personality, the inherent aptitude

mercury for communications over the 12th, aptitude for writings etc,

asc lord jupiter elevated over 4th cancer for domestic comforts, studiousness, mother, property matters,

growth and riches in life through pursuit of knowledge, advisory roles, trining and aspecting own pisces asc
- protective of health and general well being,

however, elevated jupiter makes debilated aspect over the stellium of moon-mars-venus-saturn capricorn

impacting gains/profits/friendships and impact luck and finances aspecting mars lord 2/9,
impacting siblings and gains through writings aspecting venus lord 3rd capricorn, etc

- wonder whether make gains through communications-writings!

leo 6th tends to prefer work in administrative settings,

ketu the separative node over the 6th leo
inherently of high self-pride, individualistic, sensitive, tending to sudden decisions,
tending to be aggressive with opponents, impacting health, prone to minor accidents perhaps,
and tending to job separations

jupiter significator for banking/finances elevated over cancer 4th as lord 1/10 houses for self-career.

jupiter-saturn opposition could lead to miscalculations and misunderstandings which need to be avoided,
could lead to missing career opportunities etc.

while elevated jupiter cancer, makes debilated aspect over capricorn 11th for gains,
and over the natal stellium of planets there,
impacting earnings/profits/friendships, gains from writings, etc to watch and care for,

wishing well,

kshantaram

hope this abridged version enables some clarity now!

Last edited:
your north node conjuncts mercury in 12th, that means your writing is more like a compulsion than it's a talent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhF6FWm8mrk

with your massive capricorn stellium while it's being affected by the pluto uranus square I would stick with banking

you might become a writer once pluto will conjunct your north node, and that's decades in the future 20+ years