Will I meet my neighbor?

AstroThrive

I have a neighbor on 433 East and 100 N.... I want to know if I will meet this person?? :whistling:
Would anyone be willing to help me answer this question w the horary chart below, or give me some clues on what might indicate a meeting?? It would be much appreciated!
I will post back if I do!

[moderator note, moved thread to 'relational' section from 'technique' as q relates more to the relating of two people]

Attachments

• neighbor.gif
    neighbor.gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarius358

I have a neighbor on 433 East and 100 N.... I want to know if I will meet this person?? :whistling:
Would anyone be willing to help me answer this question w the horary chart below, or give me some clues on what might indicate a meeting?? It would be much appreciated!
I will post back if I do!

Without much background and depending on what you mean by "meet" ?? - the chart shows the two planets signifying you (L1/ Mercury and Moon) as moving away from 3 ruler Mars (a young man?) - so the result is a negative.

However, if you were thinking of this person not so much as a neighbour but a potential friend/romantic partner signified by Jupiter, L7, then there is a strong reception between Jupiter and Mercury as well as Moon & Jupiter, while Moon applies to Jupiter rather quickly - & suggests a positive getting-together. _____

AstroThrive

Aquarius358, Firstly Hello.....

However, if you were thinking of this person not so much as a neighbour but a potential friend/romantic partner signified by Jupiter, L7, then there is a strong reception between Jupiter and Mercury as well as Moon & Jupiter, while Moon applies to Jupiter rather quickly - & suggests a positive getting-together. _____

Why yes, as a matter of fact I did have those intentions in mind...
:wink: I wanted to play around with the idea of meeting a neighbor though, rather than going back to romantics in horary.
I know the most about how to look at romantics when it comes to horary and most of my threads are based on that.
People on the forum are going to begin to think I'm boy crazy and desperate :biggrin: hahaha at least I can laugh about it!

But how can romance shown in this chart mean anything if I never meet this guy??
I may be thinking of this guy as a potential friend or romantic partner but he is still a neighbor, technically.

-Astrothrive

Aquarius358

Aquarius358, Firstly Hello....

Why yes, as a matter of fact I did have those intentions in mind...
:wink: I wanted to play around with the idea of meeting a neighbor though, rather than going back to romantics in horary.
I know the most about how to look at romantics when it comes to horary and most of my threads are based on that.
People on the forum are going to begin to think I'm boy crazy and desperate :biggrin: hahaha at least I can laugh about it!

But how can romance shown in this chart mean anything if I never meet this guy??
I may be thinking of this guy as a potential friend or romantic partner but he is still a neighbor, technically.

-Astrothrive

Hi,
It all depends on what you've got in mind when you ask the question. Many people don't ask the question exactly the way they were thinking about it anyway, but it doesn't matter - horary can still deal with that. In fact, the ancient astrologers had some techniques for sorting out what their client was really thinking about. So if you had in mind as you asked the question 'Will I meet this guy and perhaps get together with him?' - the answer is yes there is a strong possibility of this but ...

.. remember Moon is combust and Jupiter is in his Detriment. You must bear that in mind. You might be overcome with shyness, for instance. Jupiter receives Mercury (1 ruler) by Sign but Moon has no dignity in Gemini and at 26 Gemini, Jupiter is in Mars' Term. Not in his own term. So all up, it's not exactly as easy as a conjunction might at first imply.

In a horary it's wise to choose the significator that is most appropriate and, in this case, since you had more in mind for this neighbour than a quick greeting and hi, do you like the neighbourhood-sort-of-thing, it's probably best to use 7 ruler.

Ask yourself : Which significator more aptly describes him physically - is he more like Jupiter (which signifies someone who is perhaps older and more mature - even a little rotund round the tummy! but not necessarily!) than a Mars person - which usually signifies a physically fit and younger man? That's how you decide.

Lilly often did this. I find it really helpful in relationship questions where, for instance, someone might ask Will I meet someone this year? Is it someone from my past? and, if I check out a photograph of the 'someone from the past' then I have some clues as to whether or not the someone to be met is being shown by the 7 ruler planet.

You ask how you're going to meet him? Well, my answer to that would be : probably because you both live in the same neighbourhood. I know nothing about you - nor about him - nor how close he lives to where you live but if he lives near you, you'll run into each other somehow - and soon - if that close Moon to Jupiter conjunction is any indication (4 deg applying.)

Hope that helps and, if you do meet, take good care. Jupiter is usually an 'honourable' planet but, in his Detriment and in Mars' Term as he is here means he may not be perfect. _____

AstroThrive

Ask yourself : Which significator more aptly describes him physically - is he more like Jupiter (which signifies someone who is perhaps older and more mature - even a little rotund round the tummy! but not necessarily!) than a Mars person - which usually signifies a physically fit and younger man? That's how you decide.

I would lean towards Mars...
I could relate him to Jupiter, I'm pretty sure he is mature but by intuition only. The most likely answer is mars... so would this change anything? Do all aspects of Jupiter become meaningless?

Since my intentions changed does this rule out viewing the chart as a 'neighbor' question, even though technically he is only just a neighbor, as of right now?

You ask how you're going to meet him? Well, my answer to that would be : probably because you both live in the same neighbourhood. I know nothing about you - nor about him - nor how close he lives to where you live but if he lives near you, you'll run into each other somehow - and soon - if that close Moon to Jupiter conjunction is any indication (4 deg applying.)

Hope that helps and, if you do meet, take good care. Jupiter is usually an 'honourable' planet but, in his Detriment and in Mars' Term as he is here means he may not be perfect. _____

(4 deg applying) ...:cool:
??
what does that translate to?

It helps a lot, you have been very Helpful indeed! thanks for the great analysis and examples!

I am not looking for perfect by any means..
I will be sure to post back with results!

Aquarius358

I would lean towards Mars...
I could relate him to Jupiter, I'm pretty sure he is mature but by intuition only. The most likely answer is mars... so would this change anything? Do all aspects of Jupiter become meaningless?

Yes. To read a chart, you need to make up your mind as to which planet signifies who. Jupiter could then signify another 'someone else' in your life or who comes into your life ...

Since my intentions changed does this rule out viewing the chart as a 'neighbor' question, even though technically he is only just a neighbor, as of right now?

Yes - Mars is 3 ruler and both your signifiers separate by aspect from Mars. As I said before, there's no meeting up with this person as a neighbour.

(4 deg applying) ...:cool:
??
what does that translate to?
4 degrees? This equals 4 time units, could be 4 weeks or 4 months. Must use common sense with timing. -

... I am not looking for perfect by any means..
I will be sure to post back with results!

OK, take care.
1 ruler Mercury is the strongest planet in the chart and you have Fortuna sitting right on the ASC, too, disposited by this strong Mercury which puts good fortune in your life ... lucky for you ... but Mars is peregrine (like Jupiter) which means your neighbour is in a sort of 'lost and wandering' situation.

AstroThrive

RESULTS...RESULTS....RESULTS

Ever Since I posted this thread I have been day dreaming about this neighbor.... until about two weeks ago I kinda lost interest. I still hadn't met this guy and I decided it was time to stop fantasizing! Well, about two days ago something in my mind made me think of him again and I was back on the same track... Its almost as if I knew I had to go after this guy, I had hope/confidence.... what was I waiting on? After all he is my neighbor, hes not a immediate neighbor but still close enough.

Then yesterday I meditated after I left work before getting ready to go to my second job (bar tending). I got to work later on and everything was normal when I started to talk to a girl I work with named Suzie. Well..... about five minutes into our conversation she mentioned she knows a guy that she wants to set me up with and who may come in tonight. I was surprised but didn't really think anything of it. She told me his name was Tyler and she said he was here eating dinner last night and she told him all about me!
After that she proceeds to tell me all of these great things about this guy and how much we have in common. He likes to fly fish and is really out-doorsie...oh and he is a fire fighter. So immediately I was turned on by these qualities and as the night went on she decided to pull up his facebook account and show me pictures.

Well all be damned if its not my neighbor!!!!!!! I about died.... instant butterfly's in my stomach. I didn't tell her he was my neighbor though. I must of had this huge grin planted on my face:biggrin:. He is smokin Hot!
He didn't come into the bar/restaurant last night but he asked Suzie when the next day is that the two of us are working. SOOOO
I think we are going to be meeting this up coming Thursday...

I can not believe the irony of this story!
I am a happy girl. Agh, I hope I can handle this haha!

timemachineride

RESULTS...RESULTS....RESULTS

Ever Since I posted this thread I have been day dreaming about this neighbor.... until about two weeks ago I kinda lost interest. I still hadn't met this guy and I decided it was time to stop fantasizing! Well, about two days ago something in my mind made me think of him again and I was back on the same track... Its almost as if I knew I had to go after this guy, I had hope/confidence.... what was I waiting on? After all he is my neighbor, hes not a immediate neighbor but still close enough.

Then yesterday I meditated after I left work before getting ready to go to my second job (bar tending). I got to work later on and everything was normal when I started to talk to a girl I work with named Suzie. Well..... about five minutes into our conversation she mentioned she knows a guy that she wants to set me up with and who may come in tonight. I was surprised but didn't really think anything of it. She told me his name was Tyler and she said he was here eating dinner last night and she told him all about me!
After that she proceeds to tell me all of these great things about this guy and how much we have in common. He likes to fly fish and is really out-doorsie...oh and he is a fire fighter. So immediately I was turned on by these qualities and as the night went on she decided to pull up his facebook account and show me pictures.

Well all be damned if its not my neighbor!!!!!!! I about died.... instant butterfly's in my stomach. I didn't tell her he was my neighbor though. I must of had this huge grin planted on my face:biggrin:. He is smokin Hot!
He didn't come into the bar/restaurant last night but he asked Suzie when the next day is that the two of us are working. SOOOO
I think we are going to be meeting this up coming Thursday...

I can not believe the irony of this story!
I am a happy girl. Agh, I hope I can handle this haha!

Wow, that's so cool!

AstroThrive

Aquarius358-

I hope these results show you how awesome of a job you did!
NOW, I want to know... Will this work out?! I guess I wont know until I the near future. BUT if he is signified by Mars and not Jupiter like you mentioned most before.... what are my chances do you think?

Are we able to tell by the Horary chart?

thanks again

Astrothrive

dr. farr

Aquarius358-

NOW, I want to know... Will this work out?! I guess I wont know until I the near future. BUT if he is signified by Mars and not Jupiter like you mentioned most before.... what are my chances do you think?

thanks again

Astrothrive

I would suggest this to be a new horary question; alternatively the event chart for the day, time and place of the first meeting could be delineated.

AstroThrive

Dr.farr

I believe you are right! However, I will not do another horary chart anytime soon for this matter, I would hate to be let down. Maybe farther down the road....:sideways:

astrothrive

Aquarius358

Aquarius358-

thanks again

Astrothrive

Hello Astrothrive -
Your enthusiasm is marvellously infectious! :happy:

I think we can safely say your neighbour's status has (since the beginning) really been a 7th House person of interest to you - and is therefore a 7 ruler person, Jupiter, in your chart.

Now, it's very interesting that in your chart above, Venus, having separated from Jupiter, is translating the light of Jupiter to Mercury and - as you've told us - Venus is your friend/colleague Suzie - someone who's helping you getting together with Jupiter/your neighbour of interest. The chart reflects that beautifully.

In this chart, the Moon applies to conjoin Jupiter in 6 degrees which would - in common sense terms - translate into 6 weeks.

It's 5 weeks today - 13 July - and it will be 6 weeks next Saturday, 20 July.

If you do meet up on 20 July (give or take a day or two either way) then the Moon will be in Sagittarius - ie Jupiter's Sign - and Jupiter will be in Cancer, the Moon's Sign. So you can see that there is strong reception between you which means that you should both get on together really well. And because Jupiter will be in Cancer, having changed Signs recently, he will no longer be in his Detriment but will be quite the opposite - in his Exaltation which is good.

It's good, too, that he's in the 10th House - in the open.

So we have the best kind of reception to help describe your liking for each other and we have an aspect to show the action occurring.

Why not leave it there for the time being?

In a month or two, if things aren't moving along to your liking and you don't get together as the chart here shows is likely, then it would be best to ask another question, when you find yourself getting anxious about things. OK? It would be good to put it in the 'relationship questions' section of the Forum then.

Of course, it's up to you. If you settle on a time to go out together and you are worried how it will go, you could (as Dr Farr suggests) put up an event chart which could be judged using horary technique. But remember, that event chart won't show the future-future. It will describe the day and time of your meeting only. You need to ask about a relationship (once it's established) having a future to see if there is, in fact, a future for it!

Stay happy! _____

AstroThrive

Hello Astrothrive -
Your enthusiasm is marvellously infectious! :happy:

I think we can safely say your neighbour's status has (since the beginning) really been a 7th House person of interest to you - and is therefore a 7 ruler person, Jupiter, in your chart.

Now, it's very interesting that in your chart above, Venus, having separated from Jupiter, is translating the light of Jupiter to Mercury and - as you've told us - Venus is your friend/colleague Suzie - someone who's helping you getting together with Jupiter/your neighbour of interest. The chart reflects that beautifully.

In this chart, the Moon applies to conjoin Jupiter in 6 degrees which would - in common sense terms - translate into 6 weeks.

It's 5 weeks today - 13 July - and it will be 6 weeks next Saturday, 20 July.

If you do meet up on 20 July (give or take a day or two either way) then the Moon will be in Sagittarius - ie Jupiter's Sign - and Jupiter will be in Cancer, the Moon's Sign. So you can see that there is strong reception between you which means that you should both get on together really well. And because Jupiter will be in Cancer, having changed Signs recently, he will no longer be in his Detriment but will be quite the opposite - in his Exaltation which is good.

It's good, too, that he's in the 10th House - in the open.

So we have the best kind of reception to help describe your liking for each other and we have an aspect to show the action occurring.

Why not leave it there for the time being?

In a month or two, if things aren't moving along to your liking and you don't get together as the chart here shows is likely, then it would be best to ask another question, when you find yourself getting anxious about things. OK? It would be good to put it in the 'relationship questions' section of the Forum then.

Of course, it's up to you. If you settle on a time to go out together and you are worried how it will go, you could (as Dr Farr suggests) put up an event chart which could be judged using horary technique. But remember, that event chart won't show the future-future. It will describe the day and time of your meeting only. You need to ask about a relationship (once it's established) having a future to see if there is, in fact, a future for it!

Stay happy! _____

I think I will leave it there for the time being. I hope I do meet him! I could hardly believe what she was showing me, I was thinking to myself... 'Is this possible'?? haha!

AND it is so cool we can relate her to this chart as well, signified by Venus! I love it! the timing is spot on... I think it would be wise on my part not to hurry and do another chart.
I'm going to take your advice and wait a couple months, if things aren't going or don't work out the way Id hoped or the way the chart above shows, I will consider posting another chart.

Aquarius358,
A heart felt thank you, even if the outcome doesn't end in my favor. You have given me a great analysis/examples from this chart and you've proven to be correct with your analysis! Excellent!
oh, and you already know Ill post back with results in the next week once I meet this man.
:biggrin:

Astrothrive

AstroThrive

Aquarius358! UPDATE!

WE MET! Last night at the restaruant :)
I just thought I would update... it was really nerve racking but eventually I warmed up to him a little bit and acted more natural! :kissing::biggrin: I have been grinning from ear to ear. I dont think he knows we are neighbors yet!

SO anyway, He got my number! Wahoo!
YOUR AWESOME! Thank you again...
I may be posting a future chart.

Astrothrive

Aquarius358

Aquarius358! UPDATE!

WE MET! Last night at the restaruant :)
I just thought I would update... it was really nerve racking but eventually I warmed up to him a little bit and acted more natural! :kissing::biggrin: I have been grinning from ear to ear. I dont think he knows we are neighbors yet!

SO anyway, He got my number! Wahoo!
YOUR AWESOME! Thank you again...
I may be posting a future chart.

Astrothrive

Hi there Astrothrive : I'm very pleased for you! Let's hope he rings you and it all comes to something wonderful for both of you, eh?! The timing was not 20th but 27th - yeah? Mmmm ... will have another look at that! Always learning ...

And thanks, Dr Farr, for your seconding of Astrothrive's exuberant praise - very kind! Your method turns up some pretty good results too! ____

AstroThrive, it's great when the OP will delay the answer for a few days for I was just getting ready to comment yesterday, then I saw that you had already posted and you know you gave me very little warning or time to interpret!

Horary charts take a little time to decipher.

Without looking up the name of the poster who pointed out there needs to be a relationship between L1 and L7, which is right in the ballpark of the correct way to find the answer.

But there was something so obvious, in that Luna was Cjt. the Lord.

Luna is always the querant!

Also, it is not in my files as that was when I joined this Forum way back when.

[off topic comment removed - moderator]

On this set of Forums one can ask free advice and on others it is not only discouraged you will be reprimanded if you do not give more than you recieve.

In other words this Forum is trying to stimulate interest in astrology even if many professional astrologers may consider it like panhandling, hitch-hiking, or being a beggar which is legal in some communities and illegal in others.

AstroThrive, I've seen your work on horaries telling what you know, and you'll get a lot more nibbles at your queries when you show you are diligently working at the process and trying to understand horary than asking for freebies even if it's allowed on this forum. The more advanced and professionals will respect you so much more and possibly flock to your posts!.

Last edited:

AstroThrive

Clinton, I could not agree with you more! You have seen my threads and I do realize I ask more about Astrology than I can tell. The truth is that most 'Professional' Astrologers know so much I do feel inadequate to pretend as if I grasp anything!
I Do read about Astrology. . . constantly, but I read about a lot of things that interest me! Im by no means trying to be a freebie. . that is why I always try and contribute what I can. Which is results on answers to my Horary questions. . and little by little Im getting a more involved.
Sorry to dissapoint. . I do understand what your saying and I respect that.

Astrothrive.