Why do I rub people the wrong way?

katya

I give up on trying to make friends and I give up on trying to please anyone anymore because it seems to me that I rub people the wrong way...I am highly misunderstood and I've accepted that, but I'm just curious to know what in my chart makes people not want to get close to me? When I do make friends, they end up turning into enemies more often then not which makes me not trust anyone at all...(except my fiance, he's a keeper, and really who needs friends anyways)
Is there something in my chart that makes me intimidating?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_ks.79172.25216.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_ks.79172.25216.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

chris10

I give up on trying to make friends and I give up on trying to please anyone anymore because it seems to me that I rub people the wrong way...I am highly misunderstood and I've accepted that, but I'm just curious to know what in my chart makes people not want to get close to me? When I do make friends, they end up turning into enemies more often then not which makes me not trust anyone at all...
Is there something in my chart that makes me intimidating?

Hi Katya.
I am just an on - off astro student but I think mars on the asc may be it. Your mars opposes uranus on your descendant - you are quick to anger. Your 11th house ruler is venus, 11th house is the house of friends and venus is in scorpio in fall. Venus also squares saturn but it does trine mars. I think you have a chart with a few challenging aspects and a few easy ones just like most charts.
I am sure an experienced astrologer will help you more on your chart.

Just remember: That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.
Life would be very boring without challenges and you, with that mars/uranus opposition need challenges.
I know, as I too, have that opposition in the 1st/7th house axis :smile:

waybread

I'll second Chris, on that Mars-Ascendant/Uranus-descendant opposition. Plus your sun is involved in a T-square. Even without meaning to, you may come across as aggressive. You may also have a real horror of being conventional and living the same life day after day. You may need to constantly reinvent yourself. There is nothing wrong with this for yourself, but it can give others the unsettling feeling that they never know who you are from one day to the next.

Mars rules our natural assertion and aggression, but if these qualities seem troublesome, a more constructive use of Mars is some kind of active athletic activity. Given your AC-DC axis, I wonder if you've thought of taking up some kind of one-on-one martial art, like boxing, karate, or fencing.

But, my goodness! Your chart has all kinds of wonderful features in it, as well, like that nice trine between your moon and Venus. With a Pisces moon, you are extra sensitive. If you get that you've rubbed someone the wrong way, you'd feel it more keenly than someone with a moon (emotional nature) in a less sensitive sign. See if you can use your capacity to read people's moods to good effect. Because sometimes if they come across as negative in your space, it's not about you at all-- it's about something going on with them.

Witchyone

I'll also second the Venus in Scorpio energy being difficult for some people. It can make you come off as intense and brooding, like you're mad, but no one knows why. Some people read that as sexy. That energy can also make you very sensitive and assume that people are looking to hurt you when they aren't. Couple that with the sensitivity of the Pisces moon (I share that one, fun, eh? It makes us a raw nerve.), and maybe you tend to get angry at people and cut them off for things they didn't realize they were doing? Just a guess.

Edit:
I was rereading my response and saw that it sounds sort of accusatory. LOL This is the sort of typical fire/air energy thing that gets said that, in my experience, inadvertently pisses off Scorpio types. I think this is because Scorpio types tend to be careful with what they say, so they expect the rest of us to be too. I really respect that care. I appreciate it. I'm sure it causes you a lot of frustration, because most of us just aren't careful. I try, and I'm still not.

Last edited:

oscarSegal

I used to know a girl also named Katya who had the same problem. We used to work together. I was new at that job and when I first met her I hated her. I though she was so aggressive and mean and cared about nothing else but herself. We didnt have a very warm relationship at first to put it mildly. I actually thought she hated me which is why I hated her back in the first place. But one day there was an incident, someone had entered wrong data into the computers and created a huge mess in the office, for which everyone blamed me, except that Katya who stood up for me and defended me like no one ever had and ultimately proved I wasnt to blame. I still armire her for that. In the weeks following we started talking to each other and turned out she was the most sensetive person id ever met. Every little thing would just crack her up but she wouldnt say a word. She'd just give you her angry face and get back to work.

Everyone's got their own weird way of displaying themselves which often has nothing to do with who they are. I don't think this is a question for astrologers but more a question for you. I think you should find one honest friend who wont be afraid to tell you the 'guly' truth and try and go deep with them and find out what it is that makes the outer you so different from the inner you. Find out what it is that blocks the real you from menifesting through your outter shell and work around it. It can be enlightning.

conspiracy theorist

Never read the other people's comments so more than likely I'm repeating was has been stated already. You want to know why you rub people the wrong way and the chart features that contribute to this are:

- Mars, who is in fall in Cancer, is conjunct the ascendant. This would be one indication of an abrasive personality that is prone to emotional outbursts when they are upset. This aspect occurs on the degree of the dog star Sirius, which is said to make a person fearsome and prone to "barking" (shouting, disruptive etc).

-- The ruler of your 7th house is Saturn who is the out of sect malefic (he will cause you more trouble than Mars), located in its domicile and retrograde and in the 8th house, which has mostly negative connotations in Trad astrology. Both Saturn and the 8th have analogies to fear and this may be indicative of the general atmosphere that relationships are surrounded by. There might be an attitude that if the r/ship isn't conducted under strict standards, then you may be liable to get very anxious and pessimistic about the whole affair.

- Venus, who is the general significator of relationships and the ruler of the 11 of friendships, is in detriment and square Saturn from the 5th house. This may describe difficulty and inhibition when interacting with others; you have a hard time of making things breathe and going with the flow. With the 5 and 8 implicated, there may be fear surrounding leisure activities.

- The angular planets in your chart are Sun, Mars and Jupiter. Sun and Mars are emitive and can make one less likely to compromise. Jupiter is a planet of friendship but it is in detriment and out of sect so will be compormised in his ability to bring about satisfying friendships, although its angularity make the possibility for friendships very consistent and abundant.