Do people with dignified Venus have better taste?

tripleooo

OK, this is kind of a silly question. :lol: But I'm genuinely interested what you think about this. If you have your Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces, do you think you have a good taste? Do other people with strong Venus give you this impression? What exactly in your opinion makes a good taste? Good style of clothing? Good music preferences? Good cooking abilities?

By the way, if your Venus is in Aries, Scorpio or Virgo, your input is veeery appreciated. Do you have... a bad taste??? :surprised:

Last edited:

waybread

My mother had Venus in Libra. She had really good taste in home decorating, and when she went out and wanted to look nice, she really could. She could cook really well, but decided part way through life that she didn't want to cook much anymore.

Her Libra Venus didn't confer any particular love of the arts or romanticism, however, so far as I could tell. She was a sun-Scorpio.

My son has a Libra Venus, and is a sun-Saturn Virgo. He has a lot of artistic talent, and is a graphic designer. He designed his own wedding cake and invitations, even though he also has a Mars-Pluto streak and played A-level rugby in college.

One thing to consider is that Venus never gets more than about 45 degrees from the sun. Mercury doesn't get more than about 30 degrees from the sun. Which is why you can find a lot of Libra-Scorpio and Virgo-Libra types; which will give a Libra Venus a somewhat different character.

Phoenix Venus

I have venus in the first degree of scorpio. I have great taste. :) its within a degree conjunction to the asc and sextiling neptune, its higher octave planet, so maybe that's why?

I also have sun mars and south node in libra.

tripleooo

I think this is much too simple of a conclusion to draw.

It wasn't a conclusion, it was a question. :smile: It may be oversimplifying, but I think it's not that far from truth. If we take traditional astrology, for example, there may be plenty of other dignities: dignity by triplicity if you have Venus in an earth sign and were born at the daytime, as well as dignities by term and face for almost every sign. So even Venus in detriment or fall can be in some way dignified. But still, Venus in the signs of Taurus, Libra and Pisces is the strongest and therefore very strongly influences the person who has it. In theory such people should get a better understanding of aesthetics than others. But theory and practice are two rather different things so that's why I ask. :wink:

StillOne

Came across an interesting news article on Clive Davis today and it reminded me of this thread. If you don't know who he is look him up. Birth info I have is Apr 4 1932 Brooklyn NY (time unknown). Venus dignified and part of a Talent Triangle with Moon, Mars and Saturn.

Last edited:

SteveGus

My Venus is in Leo, in close conjunction to Uranus and a bit further off, Mars. Venus would be peregrine but for the fact that she's in mutual reception with Saturn by term.

I have terrible taste. I actively enjoy things like MST3K movies, Frazetta style fantasy art, men's adventure magazines, Italian sword and sandal films, and other sorts of lowbrow art.

On the other hand, I listen to a lot of classical music, esp. Baroque and earlier.

For me, there's heavy duty art, and then there's lightweight entertainment, and the two should be kept apart.

tripleooo

Came across an interesting news article on Clive Davis today and it reminded me of this thread. If you don't know who he is look him up. Birth info I have is Apr 4 1932 Brooklyn NY (time unknown). Venus dignified and part of a Talent Triangle with Moon, Mars and Saturn.

Interesting! His Venus seems to be in the anaretic degree of Taurus. It moved to the sign of Gemini at about 7:30 pm, so it's quite possible that he could have a Gemini Venus.

By the way, do you count out-of-sign aspects like Venus at 29 degrees Taurus trining Saturn at 3 degrees Aquarius? His Moon is also either in Pisces or Aries...

tripleooo

My Venus is in Leo, in close conjunction to Uranus and a bit further off, Mars. Venus would be peregrine but for the fact that she's in mutual reception with Saturn by term.

I have terrible taste. I actively enjoy things like MST3K movies, Frazetta style fantasy art, men's adventure magazines, Italian sword and sandal films, and other sorts of lowbrow art.

On the other hand, I listen to a lot of classical music, esp. Baroque and earlier.

For me, there's heavy duty art, and then there's lightweight entertainment, and the two should be kept apart.

Your way of just saying that you have a terrible taste made me giggle. :biggrin: I think even people with terrible tastes will never admit that their tastes are bad. So at least you're self-critical which is good. :happy:

Sure, I don't know what house your Venus is in, but I think Leo Venus people should be more drawn towards entertainment than art. Fun > aesthetics. But I don't think that it necessarily makes you have a bad taste!

Last edited:
It wasn't a conclusion, it was a question. :smile: It may be oversimplifying, but I think it's not that far from truth. If we take traditional astrology, for example, there may be plenty of other dignities: dignity by triplicity if you have Venus in an earth sign and were born at the daytime, as well as dignities by term and face for almost every sign. So even Venus in detriment or fall can be in some way dignified. But still, Venus in the signs of Taurus, Libra and Pisces is the strongest and therefore very strongly influences the person who has it. In theory such people should get a better understanding of aesthetics than others. But theory and practice are two rather different things so that's why I ask. :wink:

I have Venus in Pisces. I think I have good taste. If I didn't, I'd have different taste ;)

sibylline

OK, this is kind of a silly question. :lol: But I'm genuinely interested what you think about this. If you have your Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces, do you think you have a good taste? Do other people with strong Venus give you this impression? What exactly in your opinion makes a good taste? Good style of clothing? Good music preferences? Good cooking abilities?

This question is a little too subjective. I may think my taste or another person's taste is awesome and someone else may beg to differ. :happy:

Anyway, I have Venus in Pisces and, like snuffle, I think I have good taste. I wonder however how much this has to do with Venus. Some of my music taste certainly does, as well as how affected I am by quality, symmetry, and other factors that contribute to beauty, but I consider fashion to be a form of a self-expression which I always attributed to my 5th house Moon and Ascendant. I think a strong Venus may heighten one's reception to beauty in the environment but not necessarily lead to good taste as judged by others.

My bf has Venus in Taurus in the first house (along with Sun and Merc in Taurus) and of course I think he has excellent taste as well. He plays five instruments and is slated to open the first of his restaurants early next year. I don't see Venus being in its rulership as the sole factor here. Venus is in the first, conjunct the Sun and ruling it, rules the 2nd house, to begin with. I wouldn't go too far with the traditional attributions either because his Venus is also combust (unless you also consider it being in its "chariot", which some pay attention to and others don't.)

StillOne

Interesting! His Venus seems to be in the anaretic degree of Taurus. It moved to the sign of Gemini at about 7:30 pm, so it's quite possible that he could have a Gemini Venus.
Good point and my bad. He def could have a Gem Moon which I think makes it fascinating as well.

By the way, do you count out-of-sign aspects like Venus at 29 degrees Taurus trining Saturn at 3 degrees Aquarius? His Moon is also either in Pisces or Aries...
I most definitely count out of sign aspects.

demetraceres

I have Taurus Venus and I consider myself as somebody with a good taste :wink:, but this opinion is really subjective as somebody already said :wink:. I do however really love everything beautiful around me, I love all types of art, I care a lot about interior decorations, etc. I love beauty and harmony.

david starling

I have Taurus Venus and I consider myself as somebody with a good taste :wink:, but this opinion is really subjective as somebody already said :wink:. I do however really love everything beautiful around me, I love all types of art, I care a lot about interior decorations, etc. I love beauty and harmony.

What's your favorite music?

Claire19

My Venus is in Taurus and generally I think I have a good taste. :happy: But I also have a Libra ascendant which makes my Venusian side especially pronounced and noticeable to others. I'm generally not a very critical person (probably because of my Pisces Mercury), but I can always tell when something looks good or not-so-good. Sometimes I wear clothes I don't really like but I'm always aware of what makes me dislike them. I just really hate going to shops because I feel I spend so much time choosing the clothes so usually I just put on what I have and go out. I think I have good music preferences but I've never met a single person in my life that liked the music I listen to. :biggrin: I don't really cook ('cuz I'm lazy) but I'm rather critical when I taste food and will always have an opinion about what I've eaten. Also I think I'm pretty romantic and nostalgic (though the nostalgia part is probably because of my Cancer Moon). Sometimes very simple things like a beatiful flower with a nice smell or a glance at the starry night sky can evoke very deep feelings inside of me, at such moments something always clicks inside of me and I think "Wow, the world is so beautiful..."

But alright, it's not really a thread about me, tell me about your Venus. :cool: By the way, if your Venus is in Aries, Scorpio or Virgo, your input is veeery appreciated. Do you have... a bad taste??? :surprised:

Venus belong with Libra and I am not sure about Taurus.
and depending on the aspects whether good taste is there. It is an aesthetic sign for sure and l ikes harmony with music, clothing, arts whatever. Depending on the placement.

belabismo

Interesting thread. I have Venus in Aries. I like my sense of style, but I would hope everyone does. As for clothes/style, if I'm not dressed to impress for work or Serious Adult Things, I think my ideal fashion style would be somewhat dramatic and purposefully tasteless. I love cheetah print and other obnoxious styles. I have a pair of black jelly sandals with obnoxious rhinestones on them that I can't actually wear to most things. If I had it my way I would dress like an 80s hairband groupie 24/7 probably. I wore this somewhat short bright red dress with sparkly gold platform heels to a cousin's wedding once partly because I really liked it and partly because I knew it would be funny to wear it in a Catholic church and it would make my family mad. ;) I think that sums up my ideal style pretty well, lol. Using whole signs my Venus is in the 8th. Aspects Neptune, Uranus, and Saturn.

My music preferences can be very Aries. Lately I have been listening to a lot of old rock favorites, particularly punk and grunge. But I really do have a wide range of musical interests I think. I like Romantic era classical music, some bluegrass folk music, really anything that catches me.

My bestie has Venus in Scorpio and she has a fine arts degree. I don't know how I would characterize her clothing style or her definitive style at all. I think it is changeable and depends on her mood and energy level. Her typical, preferred art style though I would say is mostly drawing with artistic markers in like a very angular cartoon style with a lot of bright colors. She has a somewhat wide range of music interests. Really likes indie music, some pop music. She likes to sing also and has a great voice. I would say it is more of like a smooth, pleasing voice, if that makes sense. Her Venus is in the 6th, aspecting Mars and Moon. She is a Libra Sun.

My sister has her Venus in Libra. She has a lot of hang-ups about personal style because our mom would really harp on her about how she would dress and about her weight. Typically she doesn't care too much for dressing up, but when she does she puts on an earthy, witchy look. She is an excellent cook and in my opinion makes the best chocolate chip cookies known to man. :biggrin: She's also very good with crafts. Her Venus is in 3rd with an exact square to Moon.

tripleooo

Venus belong with Libra and I am not sure about Taurus.
and depending on the aspects whether good taste is there. It is an aesthetic sign for sure and l ikes harmony with music, clothing, arts whatever. Depending on the placement.

I'm not too sure I understand your phrasing "Venus belong with Libra", but Venus is in domicile in Taurus. It's just as strong as in Libra, there can be no question about that. Aspects don't give Venus any additional qualities, they just show how well your Venus cooperates with the other planets...

waybread

Right-- and then I think the sign will show how you go about expressing Venus.

My Venus is in Aquarius; and although it's faded from the music scene, I still love New Age and "space" music. The modern ruler of Aquarius, Uranus, rules things that are futuristic in modern astrology. In ancient Greece, Uranus was the sky god, and the sky often was called Uranus (Ouranos.) So space music makes sense.

See: https://www.hos.com

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I'm not too sure I understand your phrasing "Venus belong with Libra", but Venus is in domicile in Taurus.
It's just as strong as in Libra, there can be no question about that.
Aspects don't give Venus any additional qualities,
they just show how well your Venus cooperates with the other planets...
Venus in Libra is in Saturns Exaltation
Venus in Taurus is in the Moons Exaltation
Condition of Exalted rulers of Taurus and Libra requires assessment as well
:smile: