Whaddya Do?

aquarius7000

...when a shrink can't tell you anything you don't already know?
...when a psychic can't tell you anything you don't already see?
...when astrology or anything else esoteric has anything new to say?

whaddya do?
Or perhaps all of the above are telling one what one needs to know, but one wants to know just what one wants to hear:)

Go with the flow

waybread

Alex, with such a strong 11th house emphasis, friends are very important to you. And that's good! When you said that you divide people into "genuine" or "parasite," I think the astro-issue is that Saturn opposition from Neptune. Saturn rules disappointments, and Neptune does not deal with reality: now you see it, now you don't. With Saturn, a friend who you thought was very solid may turn out to be the parasite, and the person you didn't see as a friend may actually be genuine.

Neptune rules victims, and you may find yourself playing the "saviour" role.

Then, with your close Uranus moon conjunction, you may have highly volatile, changeable feelings. You feel one way for a while, and then suddenly change. With Chiron opposite moon-Uranus, probably your feelings are easily hurt. But Chiron, if we count it as a planet, is the tip of a kite formation, so one of your life challenges is to convert your personal, inner hurts into compassion for others as well as wisdom about life and the human condition.

An extra-strong planet in your chart is Venus in its own sign of Taurus, so if you write poetry, sing, or play a musical instrument, you have a wonderful outlet for your inherent creativity.

You have Cancer rising, and when the crab feels unhappy, it is likely to retreat behind its shell, snapping its claws occasionally.

I practice modern natal astrology, and I don't worry about combustion or a planet "under the beams." I understand the concept, but I just haven't seen it in practice. Even so, you have no planets combust the sun.

AlexZim

Alex, with such a strong 11th house emphasis, friends are very important to you. And that's good! When you said that you divide people into "genuine" or "parasite," I think the astro-issue is that Saturn opposition from Neptune. Saturn rules disappointments, and Neptune does not deal with reality: now you see it, now you don't. With Saturn, a friend who you thought was very solid may turn out to be the parasite, and the person you didn't see as a friend may actually be genuine.

Neptune rules victims, and you may find yourself playing the "saviour" role.

Then, with your close Uranus moon conjunction, you may have highly volatile, changeable feelings. You feel one way for a while, and then suddenly change. With Chiron opposite moon-Uranus, probably your feelings are easily hurt. But Chiron, if we count it as a planet, is the tip of a kite formation, so one of your life challenges is to convert your personal, inner hurts into compassion for others as well as wisdom about life and the human condition.

An extra-strong planet in your chart is Venus in its own sign of Taurus, so if you write poetry, sing, or play a musical instrument, you have a wonderful outlet for your inherent creativity.

You have Cancer rising, and when the crab feels unhappy, it is likely to retreat behind its shell, snapping its claws occasionally.

I practice modern natal astrology, and I don't worry about combustion or a planet "under the beams." I understand the concept, but I just haven't seen it in practice. Even so, you have no planets combust the sun.

Waybread, thanks for this insight. Thanks to all of your replies, really. Been crazy busy n'distracted, hence the delayed response.

That Moon-Uranus conjunction in the 4th has always raised my eyebrow, been troublesome before I understood it, but I've learned that for all the upheaval it brings, it keeps things interesting and spontaneous. I've learned to embrace it. It's the kite pointing to Chiron that left me in the dark, so I SO appreciate you addressing that. I have great compassion for people, their struggle, as I've struggled plenty. Been put through the wringer enough to know I'm still so fortunate in many ways. Gotta guardian angel that I drive nuts for sure, but still seems to hook me up, all things considered. And why is that? :unsure:

As for Saturn-Neptune, I thank you again. You're absolutely right about the savior-role gig. It bites me in the **** repeatedly, and I just don't seem to learn. But what then? Shut down from trying to help people? Nope. So there that is.

Comforting, that Venus thing. My outlet is classical piano and djembe. I dunno what I'd do without music. Highly sensitive on that front.

I certainly have that dichotomy of Cancer-rising-shell vs 11th house stellium. I'm a people-person who abruptly retreats unexpectedly for a bit. I'll be everywhere at once, then nowhere to be found. Those who know me well get it and abide. Those who don't get pissed and wary. It's a thing.