Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

david starling

I'd love to know how this all ends too, because I've been trying to figure out the story of my nodes for a long time. On top of the frustration of having the node signs in the houses of their opposite signs and the lack of distinguishing houses from signs in most astrological literature, I'm also stuck wondering how someone doing things in a by the book could possibly manifest in an aquarian outcome, since aquarian energy is literally defined by doing with innovation instead of deferring to established and certain methods. My Saturn in Capricorn ruler makes absolutely no sense in terms of how it is described and in terms of how it supposedly rules my Aquarian north node.

The definitions of Aquarius itself leaves so much to be confused by. People talking about "being in balance with society and the group", but humanitarians were always at odds with the beliefs of society and the group and trusted their own ideas and beliefs instead of submitting to those of society, which is what made them humanitarians.

If this isn't solved and there isn't consensus among astrologers, as far as I am concerned, all the writing about anything related to Aquarius house cusps or nodal points is completely worthless.

Aquarius is the Sign of intelligent solutions.
Saturn is the Planet of insolvable problems, and is therefore out of place in Aquarius.

Last edited:

jac

David; Can you cite your source material for these assertions?
In my decades of studying, I've yet to find these definitive attributions.

Then there's the fact Uranus will never stop being pissed for Kronos castrating him.
The gods hold grudges.

Last edited:

david starling

David; Can you cite your source material for these assertions?
In my decades of studying, I've yet to find these definitive attributions.

Then there's the fact Uranus will never stop being pissed for Kronos castrating him.
The gods hold grudges.

Water is the universal solvent. Metaphorically, that's what Aquarius pours out.

By "source material", are you referring to ancient astrologers?

david starling

As for Saturn, no matter how hard one works to satisfy its demands, the end result is the same: Saturn as Grim Reaper. I would call that an insolvable problem.

david starling

The only reason Saturn was given both Capricorn and Aquarius to rule, was the lack of another planet for the job at the time. Now, problem solved! Expanding the rulerships is a Modernistic phenomenon, and this is the "Modern Astrology" forum. :cool::biggrin:

jac

Water is the universal solvent. Metaphorically, that's what Aquarius pours out.

By "source material", are you referring to ancient astrologers?

Any astrologers.

Water is also the great diluter and eroder. Aquarius has nothing of the water triplicity.

As for Saturn, no matter how hard one works to satisfy its demands, the end result is the same: Saturn as Grim Reaper. I would call that an insolvable problem.

This could ultimately be said of any celestial body. Saturn confers ambition, discipline, experience, character, strength, wisdom.

The only reason Saturn was given both Capricorn and Aquarius to rule, was the lack of another planet for the job at the time. Now, problem solved! Expanding the rulerships is a Modernistic phenomenon, and this is the "Modern Astrology" forum. :cool::biggrin:

I believe there's more to it, as the two are dramatically different, as are their anatomical designations and effects.

One odd inconsistency: Uranus was designated the day ruler of Aquarius while Saturn was to be its night ruler. Tradition vs Futurism. Anarchy vs Govt.

The reason I counter these theories is after a lifetime of their action, a blanket generalization of these jealous, domineering characters seems incongruous.

david starling

The Modernistic key-word for Aquarius is "Knowledge", and anything can be easily done once you know how to do it.

Saturn makes things difficult, not easy.

jac

The Modernistic key-word for Aquarius is "Knowledge", and anything can be easily done once you know how to do it.

Saturn makes things difficult, not easy.

If one hasn't shown due diligence, put their nose to the grindstone, done their homework. If they have, you see the gleaming crystallization of their efforts; expertise, fluency, mastery.

But "the babe?", I don't think so.

I don't suppose modern ast would, wanting to demarcate from traditional.

Saturn is going some changes now with the recent postulation the ringed planet was once a sun. https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/arch/040923saturn-ancient.htm

Surely one of Saturn's lessons would be to take nothing for granted.

david starling

If one hasn't shown due diligence, put their nose to the grindstone, done their homework. If they have, you see the gleaming crystallization of their efforts; expertise, fluency, mastery.

But "the babe?", I don't think so.

I don't suppose modern ast would, wanting to demarcate from traditional.

Saturn is going some changes now with the recent postulation the ringed planet was once a sun. https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/arch/040923saturn-ancient.htm

Surely one of Saturn's lessons would be to take nothing for granted.

I don't think Modernistic astrology is deliberately separating from ancient. It's just that things that didn't make sense then, make sense now, in the light of new information.

jac

I disagree. I'm not so sure that all the new info is relevant or genuine.
Too many astrologers mask their inadequacy in psychology. Very few want to accept that a chart is FATED (scary word), but I think that's the very reason ancient astrologers plied this craft.

Do you know of any astrologers making accurate predictions?

I love the asteroids, but feel a better job was done with only seven planets.
Now there are too many schools to even keep track of.

CapAquaPis

Saturn and Uranus conjunctions in Capricorn (in 1988) and Aquarius (not sure when did that happen) change the world in a very radical way. The period from 1985-91 was the end of Soviet communism, third world authoritarianism and a rise of neoconservatism and political correctness in western societies like the US. Saturn and Uranus oppositions (in 2008) has a similar effect on the world, the year when Barack Obama, the first African-American was elected president while there was a historic global recession. The time when Saturn was in Virgo, Uranus in Pisces in the late 2000s...Uranus itself was in Aquarius earlier in the first decade of the new century (21st), millennia (3rd AD) and "Aquarian" age.

jac

The contention arises that we're still hundreds of years off from the actual Aquarian age. The way it's going I'm not confident we'll survive Pisces.

aquarius7000

I don't think Modernistic astrology is deliberately separating from ancient. It's just that things that didn't make sense then, make sense now, in the light of new information.
Just to add, very clearly here, makes sense to *some*

There are many that are perfectly fine with what worked then, and still makes a lot of sense and works just as well now.

I do realise that I am on the Mod-ern Astrology board and will spare myself some reprimanding, and go back into my trad. shell.

david starling

The contention arises that we're still hundreds of years off from the actual Aquarian age. The way it's going I'm not confident we'll survive Pisces.

Check out the last post of my thread entitled "A Voyage of Discovery" on the Other Astrology board. I just finished writing it when I saw your post here. The tropical Ages are direct-motion, with this being the Age of tropical Capricorn transitioning into the tropical Aquarian Age due to Precession of the Perihelion--unlike the retrograde sidereal Ages with the sidereal Age of Pisces transitioning into the sidereal Aquarian Age due to Precession of the Equinox.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

Astrologically you will survive Pisces. Aquarius is one of the horsemen.

There are many theories on the start date.

Last edited:

david starling

Just to add, very clearly here, makes sense to *some*

There are many that are perfectly fine with what worked then, and still makes a lot of sense and works just as well now.

I do realise that I am on the Mod-ern Astrology board and will spare myself some reprimanding, and go back into my trad. shell.

Sorry, I should have included the word "some". There are Traditionalists reading posts on this board.