Hello! New to all this, but very curious creature.

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben, I'm relatively new to the whole astrology scene. I'm a violinist by trade, and absolutely love it. My interest in astrology was sparked by my first violin teacher who was not only a brilliant musician but a very talented astrologer too. He taught me a bit, and I've learnt a bit on my own during my spare time, but I've found it a great outlet from everything in my day to day life. Being such a curious person and loving the ability to soak up as much as I can (Gemini sun, Virgo rising) I love having astrology as another tool to help me learn about other people.

I have joined here on a quest to find out more about myself and hopefully gain some insight and knowledge from others, and in time as I learn give that knowledge back to other people. I have a mind that spins at a thousand miles an hour constantly, thinking, worrying, planning or devising something (it's 3:21am at the moment and I'm still up...). I would love to be able to find some different outlets in my life to get rid of the constant burning energy that I have. My music is one thing, and over time has evolved from a hobby into a career (surprising given the amount of patience I have), but I often find that I need other stimulation and at the moment I am at a loose end trying to find something to satisfy me during my "not busy" times. Eventually I'll post my own chart up and hopefully someone can have a look if they want and put in their own suggestions.

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to some great people on here along the way and reciprocate knowledge as we go over time. Lovely to be part of the Astrologers' Community. I look forward to meeting some of you! :joyful::joyful:

BTW,
It also puts my join date as July 2013, which is also true. I had planned to set up my account ages ago, but could never work out how to do things properly so lost interest and left it stale for a while.... :sideways:

Haha a bit of Paganini always goes down nicely! However tonight I am playing a Copland opera at work. The Tender Land. Beautiful stuff.

Thanks for all your welcomes! :joyful::joyful:

cappy1991

Hi Ben, welcome! I still consider myself a newbie too. You sound like my husband who is also a Gemini sun and I think the same rising sign as well. He doesn't play violin but he did practice the clarinet for awhile. He has many hobbies and is always going from one thing to another.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I used to play the violin---40 years ago. I still have it. One of these days I will get out my MAZAS studies and try again.

Advice: never have your crazy Juilliard trained father teach you the violin. Both Beethoven and I learned that the hard way. I still have too many bad memories with violin lessons with my old man. He is gone now, and I am 65, but many people in my environment are trying to get me to take it up again. The last thing I played was Cesar's Franck's Symphony in D in the College Orchestra, excluding the forced string quartets by Dad with my sister(the cellist), and my other brothers who also played the violin. MY sister does have a music performance degree in cello.

I do way better with astrology. You do know that Noel Tyl was a opera singer in the courts of Europe by trade(BASS), right?

Last edited:
Wow yes definitely get it out! There is are a mass of studies for the violin, Mazas have never been my favourite. In fact none have really, because well surprise surprise I get bored.... My father is a Motor Mechanic and my mother isn't a musician either so it was the perfect combination. They let me pursue it but without any pressure from them so I enjoyed it and ended up making something out of it. It's a really great way for me to express a lot of my energy and the unexplainable part of myself that "resonates" with classical music. I love listening and enjoying the music, but it's a whole other experience being a part of it all.

quadcap12

I love music but do not play an instrument. If in your astrological studies you come across the asteroids, look up the position of Orpheus in your chart. As you may know from Greek mythology, he could charm anyone that could hear his music and even some inanimate objects. In my chart Orpheus is conjunct my moon and almost all music affects me deeply emotionally. Welcome to the forum.