Not many young men interested in astrology? dismissive even?

Blaze

Account Closed
Cancer Mars is the worst. Like how does that even work? Actually, I dated a Cancer Mars (we hung out like twice lol) and he was the Dawkins type! Insecurity.......

Honestly every guy I've ever really liked/every close friend I have (with the exception of one Scorpio Mars) has Mars in a fire sign. I find it difficult to imagine Mars in any other way. Proud Mars in Leo!

Cancer Mars seem to be good at sports. Noticed some of the guys on my old football team (soccer) had that placement. Never made friends with them though, my Ares Mars can't handle whiny little man-babies. :whistling:

AppLeo

Cancer Mars is the worst. Like how does that even work? Actually, I dated a Cancer Mars (we hung out like twice lol) and he was the Dawkins type! Insecurity.......

Honestly every guy I've ever really liked/every close friend I have (with the exception of one Scorpio Mars) has Mars in a fire sign. I find it difficult to imagine Mars in any other way. Proud Mars in Leo!

(wait **** I hope you're not a Cancer Mars???? If so, you probably have it strongly placed and other placements to counteract that - you dont' seem weak)

Cancer Mars seem to be good at sports. Noticed some of the guys on my old football team (soccer) had that placement. Never made friends with them though, my Ares Mars can't handle whiny little man-babies. :whistling:

HEY! I have Mars in Cancer :annoyed:

Blaze

Account Closed
"Q.E.D." is classier, mon ami! :smile:

I didn't want JA to sue me cos I'm sure he's got it ™

Mars in Pisces is good. You can get angry and get over it before you do any real damage!

Mars in Pisces is alright. My close bud from Norway has that - but he also has a butt ton of fire from Sun, Merc, Venus, Jupiter etc.

Pisces is a lil kinky too is it not...

Don't wanna get creepy but...yes, simply, yes.

Venus in Pisces = Down for anything. Anything

From experience, of course. :whistling:

craft94

This is just rude. Obviously nothing better to do.

Needless to say I find guys who don't believe in astrology to be more attractive. I like a man opposite to me :whistling:.

In fact... this thread has made me realise JUST HOW MUCH I prefer guys who are not into astrology.

I think it would be annoying to date someone whose idea of you is already predetermined by your birthday, or someone who behaves a certain way towards you because hes read that's what your sign likes..without even bothering to look into your chart further. Or I would hate to develop a crush on someone who won't date me because he's dated another Libra in the past who broke his heart. Just wait till he founds out my rising sign...hah

But that would be a shallow interest and it would also be annoying to date someone who thinks your interests and passions are stupid

I prefer men who are open-minded

wilsontc

Staff member
back on topic

All,

Please get back on topic to young men being interested in astrology or not. If you want to discuss some other astrological topic, start a new thread.

Back on topic,

Tim

HoldOrFold

I keep my interest in astrology secret from most people unless I know them very well. I also don't disclose the various phenomena I experience to almost anyone except family and closest of friends because most people won't understand. I also find even attempting to talk about it to people who aren't well versed in the subject tends to cheapen the experiences or knowledge.

On the outside, I'd come across as a fairly normal 32 year old guy... building a software company, talks about everyday stuff, goes for a pint round the pub, enjoys a laugh... nobody knows I meditate 20 minutes a day, am working on fusing the astral elements into my etheric body to make the philosopher's stone or that I hold a database of birthcharts of almost everyone I know.

When I've known someone for at least an hour I usually ask "how old are you?"... and then "oh yeah, when's your birthday?"... and then make a mental note of it, when I get home I substract their age from the current year and add their birthdate and put their chart in my database, lol. This has actually helped me more than anything in correlating face types with combinations of astrological signs.

Mister Skeleton

Oh goody! I guess I'm special then. I'm 23-years-old and I'm a guy (though, I'll have to check in the mirror later just to be sure :biggrin: Joking, joking! But in all seriousness, though, there's different reasons why a lot of guys (well, people in general) don't believe in astrology, so I'll list a few here.

1. On the one hand you have the people of a religion that states that astrology is a form of divination and so they don't bother looking more into it since they think it's a tool of the devil's and they don't want to go to hell. I had a friend who was interested in it at first, but he gave up on it after finding out that it's 'bad' (he's a Christian by the way).

2. On the other hand you also have the people (particularly men) who don't believe in astrology because there's no scientific proof of its effects or because they are overly logical and have this 'if I don't see it, I don't believe it' type of mentality. I remember a long time ago I saw a video on Youtube of Richard Dawkins testing out the effects of horoscopes with different people and 'proving' that it's not real. The thing is that he only tested it out using Sun signs only. I don't remember it all in detail since I saw it years ago, but that's all I could remember, but yeah, it also boils down to the fact that some of these same atheists can be pretty stubborn to convince as well since they think that they're right that there is no deity or higher power and that life is a mere coincidence. I used to be an atheist, and honestly before I got into astrology I would've also been a skeptic if someone else tried to convince me of its effects, that is, until I found out for myself.

3. Then you also have the guys who see astrology as a 'feminine' hobby, and so they don't bother looking more into it since they think it'll somehow make them lose their manliness. Yes, this is insecurity to the extreme, and yes, it does make me want to tie myself to a chair while being forced to listen to the meow mix song for 10 hours straight because even that would probably be heavenly compared to dealing with people like that.

AppLeo

Oh goody! I guess I'm special then. I'm 23-years-old and I'm a guy (though, I'll have to check in the mirror later just to be sure :biggrin: Joking, joking! But in all seriousness, though, there's different reasons why a lot of guys (well, people in general) don't believe in astrology, so I'll list a few here.

1. On the one hand you have the people of a religion that states that astrology is a form of divination and so they don't bother looking more into it since they think it's a tool of the devil's and they don't want to go to hell. I had a friend who was interested in it at first, but he gave up on it after finding out that it's 'bad' (he's a Christian by the way).

2. On the other hand you also have the people (particularly men) who don't believe in astrology because there's no scientific proof of its effects or because they are overly logical and have this 'if I don't see it, I don't believe it' type of mentality. I remember a long time ago I saw a video on Youtube of Richard Dawkins testing out the effects of horoscopes with different people and 'proving' that it's not real. The thing is that he only tested it out using Sun signs only. I don't remember it all in detail since I saw it years ago, but that's all I could remember, but yeah, it also boils down to the fact that some of these same atheists can be pretty stubborn to convince as well since they think that they're right that there is no deity or higher power and that life is a mere coincidence. I used to be an atheist, and honestly before I got into astrology I would've also been a skeptic if someone else tried to convince me of its effects, that is, until I found out for myself.

3. Then you also have the guys who see astrology as a 'feminine' hobby, and so they don't bother looking more into it since they think it'll somehow make them lose their manliness. Yes, this is insecurity to the extreme, and yes, it does make me want to tie myself to a chair while being forced to listen to the meow mix song for 10 hours straight because even that would probably be heavenly compared to dealing with people like that.

Those are all very great points that you made!

It's a shame that a man's masculinity can feel threatened from such a wonderful art, or that religion (which is supposed to be spiritual) rejects astrology when astrology is often perceived as an art to connect with your life path and soul.

Astrochologist

It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

Men are more results oriented I think. There is a large social component to astrology that draws women into it. I think men have a better shot at convincing other men of its validity. I have many male clients who were huge skeptics at first, but have been won over. I don't promote my business as a new agey rainbows and butterflies business though too. I think that helps a lot.

craft94

Men are more results oriented I think. There is a large social component to astrology that draws women into it. I think men have a better shot at convincing other men of its validity. I have many male clients who were huge skeptics at first, but have been won over. I don't promote my business as a new agey rainbows and butterflies business though too. I think that helps a lot.

I'm a woman and a Libra so the social component draws me into it, but yes, usually when something is promoted as new agey rainbows and butterflies, that's how I know it's fake and not serious

I used to not believe in astrology, actually, but that was before I really looked into it. I don't think I wanted to believe.

kewf1988

I keep my interest in astrology secret from most people unless I know them very well. I also don't disclose the various phenomena I experience to almost anyone except family and closest of friends because most people won't understand. I also find even attempting to talk about it to people who aren't well versed in the subject tends to cheapen the experiences or knowledge.

On the outside, I'd come across as a fairly normal 32 year old guy... building a software company, talks about everyday stuff, goes for a pint round the pub, enjoys a laugh... nobody knows I meditate 20 minutes a day, am working on fusing the astral elements into my etheric body to make the philosopher's stone or that I hold a database of birthcharts of almost everyone I know.

When I've known someone for at least an hour I usually ask "how old are you?"... and then "oh yeah, when's your birthday?"... and then make a mental note of it, when I get home I substract their age from the current year and add their birthdate and put their chart in my database, lol. This has actually helped me more than anything in correlating face types with combinations of astrological signs.

Same here. I have a huge database of my own, full of family members, friends, high school and college classmates/teachers/professors, neighbors, etc., and I use it mainly as a reference to make my relationships better, though I also use it to find the appearances of the planets in the signs, even the outer planets (I can tell someone's Pluto and Neptune just by looking at them). I've also used astrology to predict the outcome of sporting events, find out what happened in cold cases, and find the true nature of people's political ideology (it's nearly impossible to sway people to the other side because of political indicators in people's charts). I'm a guy myself, and knowing what I know about astrology has in turn made me know more about the world in general (learning about Pluto and Neptune made me find out what creates culture and fads for example... all the classic rock artists have Pluto in Leo, all the heavy metal bands have Pluto in Virgo, all the boy bands have Pluto in Libra, etc. each generation has their own "sound" as well which I found very interesting).

Abby83

I only just saw this post now and u do have a few good pointers. For instance, my husband told me that with his religion he is told astrology is witchcraft and the act of the devil and is forbidden. Another thing I will add is that when I started studying psychology at uni all of the lecturers repeatedly told us 'astrology is not a science and we do not acknowledge it at all.'

Perhaps the feminine side or view of astrology comes from the fact that it is ruled by 12th house, which is ruled by pisces, and pisces isva feminine sign ruling deep intuition.