Not many young men interested in astrology? dismissive even?

waterbaby12

It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

conspiracy theorist

Probably they see it as frivolous and the time it would take to learn about astrology can be applied to more "important" topics. I understand where they are coming from incidentally. The image that astrology has doesn't inspire the average male to take it seriously either.

Apart from here, nobody really knows about my knowledge of astrology and in fact other people are more likely to bring it up in conversation than I am. I laugh internally when they siphon of the stereotypical information.

Last edited:

waterbaby12

I laugh externally! haha I am so so defensive when people make ridiculous sweeping statements like star signs aren't real :pinched::pinched::pinched:

ITS SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT

but some people don't want to know :crying:

conspiracy theorist

I laugh externally! haha I am so so defensive when people make ridiculous sweeping statements like star signs aren't real :pinched::pinched::pinched:

ITS SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT

but some people don't want to know :crying:

I'm good at disregarding people's opinions if it's coming from a place of ignorance. If they don't know anything "real", why would there opinion have any power?

You wanna persuade people that astrology is legit? Get really good at it and volunteer to read their charts. Your bound to make a few take notice. Those that do might be more open to your arguments then.

sibylline

A good amount of people here also have shallow or no real interest in astrology besides getting their questions/issues sorted out. So it's an ageless, genderless phenomenon in my view.

And yes, being accurate in readings will get more interested in astrology.

conspiracy theorist

A good amount of people here also have shallow or no real interest in astrology besides getting their questions/issues sorted out. So it's an ageless, genderless phenomenon in my view.

And yes, being accurate in readings will get more interested in astrology.

The Pareto Principle seems relevant to your point. https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-pareto-principle-the-8020-rule/

People who are "serious about things" likely falls under this rule too.

conspiracy theorist

Well I'm doing two courses at once just now, my brain is pooped. I think it must be your 12th house that makes you such an avid learner or something....you and Sib are both younger than me and know tons...don't worry, I'll surprise you one day lol

A very powerful Jupiter drives me toward a quest for wisdom and meaning. Sibyl's chart is pretty heavy in the Jupiter department but she can speak for herself.

A very powerful Jupiter drives me toward a quest for wisdom and meaning. Sibyl's chart is pretty heavy in the Jupiter department but she can speak for herself.

I'm pretty sure my chart is heavy in the Jupiter dept. too. Although, yes, I do procrastinate.

You've been coming on this forum for years though. It's really rare to have someone as young as what you would have been studying astrology. And it's not superficial knowledge either, designed to 'sound good.'

conspiracy theorist

I'm pretty sure my chart is heavy in the Jupiter dept. too. Although, yes, I do procrastinate.

You've been coming on this forum for years though. It's really rare to have someone as young as what you would have been studying astrology. And it's not superficial knowledge either, designed to 'sound good.'

If I showed you my chart, maybe you will understand why every cell of my body is infused with Jovian spark. You could say I'm even compelled towards knowledge seeking which fits nicely with my Mercury/Pluto conjunction.

I joined in 2012 but I really only became active a year ago so it wasn't like I was using the forums as my primary method of learning. All of my astrology knowledge is internet based so it isn't impossible to become fairly adept with the tools available online.

Abby83

I too have noticed men just don't seem to believe into astrology and would love to know why. I totally ruined my reputation when I once said in front of my husband's friends that ppl born in the year of the pig are 'supposedly' compatible with goats. Yikes. I couldn't have been shut down harder by a fierce group desire to change the subject immediately!

I'm thinking ppl tend to turn to astrology because they need help and guidance, and that seems to be more common in women so perhaps that's why? Just a guess.

Bunraku

I talk about it sometimes when I’m in bed with a stranger. That’s when most of astrological teaching lessons happen.

If I showed you my chart, maybe you will understand why every cell of my body is infused with Jovian spark. You could say I'm even compelled towards knowledge seeking which fits nicely with my Mercury/Pluto conjunction.

I joined in 2012 but I really only became active a year ago so it wasn't like I was using the forums as my primary method of learning. All of my astrology knowledge is internet based so it isn't impossible to become fairly adept with the tools available online.

Jovian spark...does that not imply a sense of humour?? Haha

I too have noticed men just don't seem to believe into astrology and would love to know why. I totally ruined my reputation when I once said in front of my husband's friends that ppl born in the year of the pig are 'supposedly' compatible with goats. Yikes. I couldn't have been shut down harder by a fierce group desire to change the subject immediately!

I'm thinking ppl tend to turn to astrology because they need help and guidance, and that seems to be more common in women so perhaps that's why? Just a guess.

Ahh that's so funny, I can just imagine that reaction! At the very least, guys will humour me, but they still don't take it seriously.