7 planet stellium?

sunday

Hey, I'm quite new to astrology and not one of the online guides was helpful with this chart.
Can someone help me with this? It doesn't look good, right?

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 04.00.41.jpg

Schildmaid

It's good when planets are in the 1st house. The 1st house makes planets stronger (the 10th is also really good and then after that the 4th and 7th. All houses except the 6th, 8th and 12th are fine and the 12th is exceptionally horrible). However, you don't actually have a ton of planets in the 1st house if you use whole signs (which is what I use because I think it's the most accurate. It's the oldest and it's just so simple and elegant too. Especially for charts like yours with the AC and MC nearly conjunct, for which no systems are elegant but whole sign. Even with equal house your MC would be in the 12th house which would not be elegant). But in any case, your chart doesn't look bad to me.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I read somewhere
that it isn't good
when the planets are concentrated in the 1st house.
Is there a link to where you read that?
And so many of the houses are empty too!
lets be realistic :smile:
and consider that some astrologers
i.e. traditional astrologers - use the seven visible planets
sun, Moon Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn

so
at least five houses are empty in all charts then
and
when planets are in conjunction
then most of the houses may have no planets

but keep in mind that
empty houses still have a ruler

JUPITERASC

It's good when planets are in the 1st house.
The 1st house makes planets stronger
1st House certainly makes planets strong with regard to their ability to act :smile:
however
whether that is "good" is dependent on their condition

(the 10th is also really good and then after that the 4th and 7th.
All houses except the 6th, 8th and 12th are fine
and the 12th is exceptionally horrible).

However, you don't actually have a ton of planets in the 1st house if you use whole signs
(which is what I use because I think it's the most accurate.
It's the oldest and it's just so simple and elegant too.
Especially for charts like yours with the AC and MC nearly conjunct,
for which no systems are elegant but whole sign.
Even with equal house your MC would be in the 12th house which would not be elegant).
But in any case, your chart doesn't look bad to me.

waybread

The chart you posted does not show a 7-planet stellium, which would mean they all occur in the same sign or house. The chart also shows your MC nearly conjunct your IC. This would happen only if you were born at a very high latitude, like near the Arctic Circle.

Do you want to re-post your chart using the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com ? This would make your chart a lot easier to read.

JUPITERASC

..... if you use whole signs
(which is what I use because I think it's the most accurate.
It's the oldest and it's just so simple and elegant too.
Especially for charts like yours with the AC and MC nearly conjunct, for which no systems are elegant but whole sign.
Even with equal house your MC would be in the 12th house which would not be elegant).
But in any case, your chart doesn't look bad to me.
by the way there are more than thirty different house systems
astro.com Extended Chart Selection Page offers fourteen house systems :smile:
including whole signs
Placidus is simply the default

sunday

It's good when planets are in the 1st house. The 1st house makes planets stronger (the 10th is also really good and then after that the 4th and 7th. All houses except the 6th, 8th and 12th are fine and the 12th is exceptionally horrible). However, you don't actually have a ton of planets in the 1st house if you use whole signs (which is what I use because I think it's the most accurate. It's the oldest and it's just so simple and elegant too. Especially for charts like yours with the AC and MC nearly conjunct, for which no systems are elegant but whole sign. Even with equal house your MC would be in the 12th house which would not be elegant). But in any case, your chart doesn't look bad to me.

I see, so the AC and MC being so close to each other explains why the 1st and 7th house look so stretched out in the chart. Thank you, I wouldn't have figured it out myself. I'll try another house system.

JUPITERASC

I see, so the AC and MC being so close to each other
explains why the 1st and 7th house look so stretched out in the chart.
Thank you,
I wouldn't have figured it out myself.
I'll try another house system.
Schildmaid recommends specifically Whole Signs - worth checking out :smile:

sunday

The chart you posted does not show a 7-planet stellium, which would mean they all occur in the same sign or house. The chart also shows your MC nearly conjunct your IC. This would happen only if you were born at a very high latitude, like near the Arctic Circle.

Do you want to re-post your chart using the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com ? This would make your chart a lot easier to read.

In the chart I posted it looks like all of the planets are either in the 1st, 7th, or 8th house. I was born at the Arctic Circle, which probably explains the problem
with the houses.

Did you mean a chart like this? : http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_01_sata.14109.22931.gif&res=63

waybread

In the chart I posted it looks like all of the planets are either in the 1st, 7th, or 8th house. I was born at the Arctic Circle, which probably explains the problem
with the houses.

Did you mean a chart like this? : http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_01_sata.14109.22931.gif&res=63

This chart has expired. See if you can save it to your computer, then upload it here as an attached thumbnail. And yes, try equal houses or whole sign houses, instead of Placidus.