Will I be able to make enough money writing?

Schildmaid

I've been having trouble figuring out what I should pursue as a career. I am no purposeless and passionless individual and know exactly what things I like to do and would like to do as a career, but I don't know how they'll work money-wise.

Here's a chart I did of my question: https://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/ast...nd&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=OK&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

So for money, I should look at the 2nd house, which is Sagittarius and is ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter is in Virgo and is being squared by Mars and Saturn. So I take that as a "no". Am I doing this right? I'm new to this.

tsmall

Premium Member
So for money, I should look at the 2nd house, which is Sagittarius and is ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter is in Virgo and is being squared by Mars and Saturn. So I take that as a "no". Am I doing this right? I'm new to this.

No. I mean, yes you are right, but no, because you are doing it wrong.

Quesited (you) gets the planet ruling the ASC, so you are Mars. Yes, income/earned money is 2nd, so Jupiter. Especially for the purposes of horary, we want to understand if the aspects are applying or separating. In this case, Mars is separating from the square to Jupiter, and is retrograding from the second sign back to the first, in partile opposition to Venus (ruler of the 12th and 7th) who is combust the ruler of the 10th in the 8th. I'm thinking something is holding you back.

But the real no is...well there are two, er, three, er...other reasons. Saturn is retrograde on the cusp of the second house, which puts it in the 1st (and Saturn retro in the first destroys the matter, usually in a pretty spectacular way.) The Moon is debilitated in Capricorn in the 2nd, applying/pushing/trying to translate light between the ruler of the 2nd house and Mercury, who is the natural ruler of writers, but doesn't have much umph to push, and Mercury, though angular, is void of course, and the 7th is the killing angle. It's like...lots of writing and big hopes about it but no where to put it.

Lastly, this chart has no hour agreement, meaning it probably has a message to give you that has nothing to do with the question asked.

Schildmaid

No. I mean, yes you are right, but no, because you are doing it wrong.

Quesited (you) gets the planet ruling the ASC, so you are Mars. Yes, income/earned money is 2nd, so Jupiter. Especially for the purposes of horary, we want to understand if the aspects are applying or separating. In this case, Mars is separating from the square to Jupiter, and is retrograding from the second sign back to the first, in partile opposition to Venus (ruler of the 12th and 7th) who is combust the ruler of the 10th in the 8th. I'm thinking something is holding you back.

But the real no is...well there are two, er, three, er...other reasons. Saturn is retrograde on the cusp of the second house, which puts it in the 1st (and Saturn retro in the first destroys the matter, usually in a pretty spectacular way.) The Moon is debilitated in Capricorn in the 2nd, applying/pushing/trying to translate light between the ruler of the 2nd house and Mercury, who is the natural ruler of writers, but doesn't have much umph to push, and Mercury, though angular, is void of course, and the 7th is the killing angle. It's like...lots of writing and big hopes about it but no where to put it.

Lastly, this chart has no hour agreement, meaning it probably has a message to give you that has nothing to do with the question asked.

So what do I do now? Do I ask a horary about "what do I do now?" I just typed that at 6:42.

What message is it trying to give me that doesn't have to do with the question asked? Like all people, I'm hoping it's not something I don't want to hear.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
So what do I do now? Do I ask a horary about "what do I do now?" I just typed that at 6:42.

What message is it trying to give me that doesn't have to do with the question asked? Like all people, I'm hoping it's not something I don't want to hear.

I mean, do you want me to start guessing? I'd say it has something to do with why the Sun is combusting the ruler of the 12th and 7th in the 7th house, 8th sign, with Mercury as ruler of the 8th and 11th on the DSC. I'm like, blind. What has recently been going on in your life?

Schildmaid

I mean, do you want me to start guessing? I'd say it has something to do with why the Sun is combusting the ruler of the 12th and 7th in the 7th house, 8th sign, with Mercury as ruler of the 8th and 11th on the DSC. I'm like, blind. What has recently been going on in your life?

Not much. I'll have to learn better horary and figure out myself what's going on.

rafaella

I've been having trouble figuring out what I should pursue as a career. I am no purposeless and passionless individual and know exactly what things I like to do and would like to do as a career, but I don't know how they'll work money-wise.

Here's a chart I did of my question: https://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/ast...nd&COUNTRY=USA&STATE=OK&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

What kind of writing? Writing fiction, non-fiction, writing for a newspaper or a blog? Writing is 3rd house, book is 5th. Career is 10th.Publishing is 9th. How much you earn from your book is 2nd from 5th, or 2nd from 10th.

So you asked 'writing' as a general. Saturn rules the 3rd, money you make from writing is 4th house (2nd from 3rd). Both ruled by Saturn. Saturn is rx, money you make is not stable, up and down, so won't be enough to live on. Plus Saturn is square Jup, your 2nd ruler and Jupiter is in barren sign, debilitated. You need something else on the side it seems.

Moon debilitated, so this is a definite no. Moon is most important in the chart, as she brings forth the action.

With ruler of 10th in a dual sign and mutable, you probably need to do many things, like having 2-3 jobs, or change jobs regularly. Not someone who does one thing their whole life.

I think look to your natal chart to see what you should do. Besides, most writers don't make enough, like anyone working in the arts, its tough, most creative artistic people struggle financially and have to have other jobs on the side to keep them going. (Unless you write another 50 shades of grey, that is...):bandit:

Last edited: