Why is Scorpio and Aquarius considered the signs of astrology?

Darth MI

As someone with Scorpio as the Ascendant and a Scorpio dominant (with Aquarius second place), I can't recall how many times I seen in astrology websites, books, and forums how placements in Scorpio and Aquarius would indicate a person into astrology. The most hardcore astrology buffs I knew were either Scorpio or Aquarius dominant or both.

This is one of the instances where astrology doesn't make sense. Sun Sign astrology calls Aquarius as the sign of science, research, and revolution. Aquarius is described as being against many established institutions including religion and government. Sun Sign astrology describes Scorpios as cynical skeptics who are practical-minded. Often described as being hated outcasts because of their open resentment of established institutions such as religion. Going by personal experience, many of the most diehard atheists I ever knew were Scorpios or Scorpio dominants and many agnostics (or at least skeptics if they follow religion) are Aquarius.

Considering how unscientific and impractical astrology is, it doesn't make sense that Aquarius and Scorpio are the signs of astrology (despite many people seriously into astrology having strong, if not dominant, Aquarius and Scorpio influences in their chart). If these two signs are traditionally described as being anti-religion, why the signs would they even interested into astrology in the first place which is considered by university scholars as unscientific, impractical, and hands down a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo?

Pisces and Virgo (perhaps the two most mystical and religious signs) would make sense as being the signs that represent astrology. But Scorpio and Aquarius???!!!! This illogical assignment is just one more reason of why scientists attack astrology as such a flawed pseudoscience in the first place that shouldn't be taken seriously.

To repeat, I am an Aries with Scorpio as my Ascendant and my dominant signs with Aquarius second.

billsim92

I really think that Scorpio and Aquarius together with Pisces are the 3 zodiac signs that are most into astrology -and by astrology I mean a real interest in what astrology is about, not just sun sign astrology. Remember also that these are the 3 signs that in modern astrology are said to be ruled by the most distant planets.

It is true that Scorpio energy makes someone skeptical but also very intuitive and spiritual and astrology is a spiritualistic "art". A person with emphasis in Scorpio is not a rationalist in the strict sense of the word.

As for Aquarius... yes he is cerebral, but I wouldn't call him a rationalist either. Aquarius wants to consider himself a radical and a revolutionalist and in a world where rationalism and logic reign, believing in a system that cannot be explained through rationalism and the rules of determism (such as astrology) is kind of rebeling against the conventional way of thinking.

And, as you stated, both signs have a tendency to become outcasts... And an outcast never thinks in the same way with the people who support and conserve the society norms.

By the way... I am a Scorpio with an Aquarius ascendant and I also have an Aries moon (much like you) and -apparently- I love astrology!

mdinaz

I think we've addressed this in some of your other posts. There is more to it than just a simple sign delineation as demonstrated in the "Sun Signs" books. Way more. It's like arguing with us that because you have a book with a picture of a car, then anything with four wheels MUST BE A CAR, even though you just saw a wagon, or an airplane with four tires and the book can't be right. Read over the responses in your other posts and then we can get back to this.

Sithae

I think we've addressed this in some of your other posts. There is more to it than just a simple sign delineation as demonstrated in the "Sun Signs" books. Way more. It's like arguing with us that because you have a book with a picture of a car, then anything with four wheels MUST BE A CAR, even though you just saw a wagon, or an airplane with four tires and the book can't be right. Read over the responses in your other posts and then we can get back to this.

I agree with this. If you want to explain someone's tendencies for astrology, or say, spiritual or occult things, there is much more to see and much more to look at. Some points of interest to start with: Houses 5, 8, 9, 11. Pay attention to what Neptune is doing in a chart.

Andrea_

Maybe it is linked to their 'fixed natures'. Scorpios are known for being the most intense of the zodiac and quite psycho under the influence of pluto, couple that with the frustration and limitations of not being able to transcend a condition because of the way society currently works and you get something that needs outlet and expression in order not to break down. Astrology is an easy and safer gate towards the mystical side of our life, and so many studies and theories elaborated across centuries that touch soul matters, karma & etc are like water in desert. And one more thing is thst it's practically believed to work in a way snd in certain procents by a lot, and a lot of people.
Scorpios, Aquariuses and Pisces are also ruled by pluto, Uranus and neptune, the three 'outers' as someone already stated and they carry 'missions' with a higher octave that currently seem more like 'out of here' but might get a more positive kind of recognition in the future, well... it's just an opinion, I actually think there are enough members of other signs too just as interested in astrology. Now that I think of myself, I'm a big Capricorn, but Uranus is my dominant... with mars, saturn, neptune...

Last edited:

mdinaz

Scorpio is probably "psycho" because it is ruled by Mars, a masculine planet of action, but Scorpio is a fixed water sign, and female. It can't break out so it has to go within for transformation. Much mayhem ensues.

miquar

I think that fixity does have something to do with the association of astrology with Scorpio and Aquarius. Also, these are the fixed air and water signs, and these elements are concerned with raising consciousness in a way which fire and earth aren't. And they are also the fixed signs in the half of the zodiac that is concerned with raising consciousness. So Aquarius and Scorpio are both focused on becoming more conscious of what life is all about, and how better to do this than through studying astrology (psychology also comes under both of these signs).

fullmoonlibra

Because simply said, scorpio likes to delve deep and is attracted to everything what is mystic, and aquarius is drawn to the universe.

waybread

I've never seen this before. Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology (which may explain the Aquarius link) and Mercury is the traditional ruler of astrology. I've seen some traditional sources that suggest astrology is a 9th house matter, as it deals with "prophecy."

HoldOrFold

As someone with Scorpio as the Ascendant and a Scorpio dominant (with Aquarius second place), I can't recall how many times I seen in astrology websites, books, and forums how placements in Scorpio and Aquarius would indicate a person into astrology. The most hardcore astrology buffs I knew were either Scorpio or Aquarius dominant or both.

I've noticed this as well.

This is one of the instances where astrology doesn't make sense. Sun Sign astrology calls Aquarius as the sign of science, research, and revolution. Aquarius is described as being against many established institutions including religion and government. Sun Sign astrology describes Scorpios as cynical skeptics who are practical-minded. Often described as being hated outcasts because of their open resentment of established institutions such as religion. Going by personal experience, many of the most diehard atheists I ever knew were Scorpios or Scorpio dominants and many agnostics (or at least skeptics if they follow religion) are Aquarius.
Interesting way of looking at it. But surely you can see that astrology is not really an established institution, on the contrary it's quite alternative. Also, astrology is the most scientific of the 'mystical' pursuits so it would make sense that people with a leaning towards scientific thought but who are also open minded (or not sheep) would take it up.

Considering how unscientific and impractical astrology is, it doesn't make sense that Aquarius and Scorpio are the signs of astrology (despite many people seriously into astrology having strong, if not dominant, Aquarius and Scorpio influences in their chart). If these two signs are traditionally described as being anti-religion, why the signs would they even interested into astrology in the first place which is considered by university scholars as unscientific, impractical, and hands down a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo?
Astrology is not impractical. It's one of the most practical ways of understanding (think Aquarius) how things work on a deep (think Scorpio) level. What else can you compare it to? Tarot cards, mediums, psychic-perceptions? No. It's clearly the most scientific method of understanding these things.

Pisces and Virgo (perhaps the two most mystical and religious signs) would make sense as being the signs that represent astrology. But Scorpio and Aquarius???!!!! This illogical assignment is just one more reason of why scientists attack astrology as such a flawed pseudoscience in the first place that shouldn't be taken seriously.
Again, you're hung up on perceiving astrology as a wishy-washy spiritual woo thing, when infact it's been built on thousands of years of scientific style observation, mathematics and categorization.

The irony is that astrology hasn't been accepted by mainstream science (regardless of Michel Gauquelin's stastical analysis etc.) so that's probably why you have this perception of it... and yet we're debating why signs who are rebellious against the establishment are attracted to it? :andy:

For an example on scientific rigor applied to spiritual phenomenon I recommend looking into professor Dean Radin. This guy is more scientific than most scientists out there, yet the 'establishment' (scientific journals) will never publish his findings.

greybeard

Every single thread you have started is an "astrology bashing" thread.

Next Sunday walk down the street to your neighborhood church and tell them about all the inconsistencies in the bible. Make sure to mention that God is not scientifically approved.

Stroll into your nearest John Birch chapter and explain the advantages of communism.

And then, if you're feeling bored and have nothing convenient to bash, drop by your local KKK klan gathering and pass out pamphlets demanding equal treatment for people of color.

What is it in a chart, do you think, that makes for high intelligence coupled with bitter cynicism and arrogance and a consequent negative application of talents?

Feeding hungry children, planting trees, teaching the illiterate to read, recycling trash...all are constructive applications of energy that benefit both society and the individual. Plinking at astrology, while entertaining, is not really very constructive.

A man's character can be known by what he does.

Yesterday two ladies came to my door passing out pamphlets from the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't believe in what they believe in. But I couldn't think of a single reason to be disrespectful of their persons or beliefs.

Last edited: