The right orbs for horary astrology.

Are there right orbs in horary astrology?.

• Yes, for sure.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll think about it later.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Indeed I Dream

I always wonder what are the right orbs for horary astrology.

Can we come to a conclusion if we team up on this thread and see it through to the end (with this matter?) I certainly hope so.

I suppose I could give you an idea of my current view on the right orbs in horary astrology.

First I thought this:
I think Sun should have 14º, Moon 12.5º and the rest 9º. Ascendant has sometimes 12.5º also.

Now I think this:
Sun: 12º (degrees).

Any other opinions? :happy:

Last edited:

Oddity

You'd use orbs to determine whether a planet is void of course. If you mean aspects, the important thing in horary is whether they're applying or separating.

Vyri

Banned
Moon is allowed her various effects as she moves within the sign she tenants in the question. She is allowed her various orbs of influence within her entire stay or duration within a sign effective towards the context of the life of the question-her forces-energies to each planet she fecundates according to aspect benign or discordant.

All the best
Vyri:kissing::love:

Vyri

Banned
Planets are given large or small orbs of influence dependant upon house, sign and if they are Sun or Moon, i.e., the lights.

If for example Sun is in an angle is heading towards a square to Saturn; in general the square is given 8 - 10 degrees of orb, (experience will tell) in cadent houses figure less; dignity strength must be ascertained.

For an average moiety is figured: taking the lengthiest orb of allowance compared against the smallest; create an average=8-12 divided by half = 6. As said consider the house placement for increase? The planet faster above or below the horizon in other words causing the activity is the prerogative agent.

Thinking you already have a good knowledge of your concern?

All the best
VYri

Oddity

So...the significators are moon and Saturn. They are applying to opposition (to save confusion, it will occur within the signs they're already in).

The moon is 18 degrees from perfecting the aspect. There is no interference.

Does this mean that the horary shows no aspect, no action?

dr. farr

I use the same orbs as I do in natal or medical or mundane charts; I believe that tight orbs give the most reliable indications, in horary and in any other application of our astrological art.

I typically use pretty tight orbs (same as Dr. Farr - i.e. same for natal, etc.) so typically about 6-degrees (yes, for all planets) with some latitude/consideration for the strength of the aspect (conjunctions/oppositions) and dignities of the planets.