Jungian Archetype Test

Schildmaid

Since there are 12 archetypes and 12 Zodiac signs, I thought it'd be interesting to look for correlations. This test isn't super great but here:

https://lonerwolf.com/psychological-archetype-test/

Also, pick one that you think you relate to the most, since Jung saw the Self (why is this capitalized in English to differentiate it when Jung was German and they capitalize everything cut that out people) as having one. If you can't decide, ordering them or writing an essay about your view on them or whatever is fine. C

Kuntuzangmo

1. The Creator 95%
  2. The Joker 80%
  3. The Magician 80%
  4. The Ruler 90%
  5. The Sage 85%
  6. The Seeker 95%
  7. The Warrior 85%

Sun conjunct Jupiter Sag. in 5th.
Moon conjunct Saturn, Cap. in 5th.
Merc. conjunct Mars, Scorp. in 4th
Leo asc. Uranus 1st., Venus in Libra 4th

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
1-The Caregiver 25%

2-The Creator 75%

3-The Destroyer 70%

4-The Innocent 40%

5-The Joker 65%

6-The Lover 20%

7-The Magician 80%

8-The Orphan 45%

9-The Ruler 100%

10-The Sage 75%

11-The Seeker 85%

12-The Warrior 75%

Interesting. Thought Joker would be higher. Though, having the caregiver be so low makes sense. I've few people in my life since I like breathing room, but those people in it do depend on me in someway. Also, lover being so low as romance just isn't something I really care for. Makes sense.

Since "The Ruler" is my highest score, I'll put the quote as to what that's supposed to mean.

THE RULER

The Ruler archetype inspires us to take responsibility for own lives, our fields of endeavor and our society at large. If the Ruler overcomes the temptation to dominate others, the result is the creation of an environment that invites the gifts and perceptions of all concerned. The Ruler’s quest is to create order and structure and hence an effective society in which the subjects of the Ruler can live productive and relatively happy lives. This is not necessarily an easy task, as order and chaos are not far apart, and the Ruler has to commit him or herself fully to the task.

Shadow Side: The tyrant. This will manifest itself in your life as the tendency to insist on having your way, and to banish anything that does not give you control (such as creativity or self-expression).

Life Goal: Order, a harmonious and prosperous life
Fear: Chaos, loss of control
Response to Problem: Find its constructive uses
Life Task: Take full responsibility for your life
Personal Gifts: Responsibility, benevolence, sovereignty, system savvy
Personal Pitfalls: Rigidity, controlling behaviors, attitude of entitlement, elitism.

Rigidity is complete ******** as I value flexibility over most else and lol entitlement. Everything else sounds cool on paper though.

Last edited:
The Caregiver95%
The Creator90%
The Destroyer95%
The Innocent50%
The Joker65%
The Lover100%
The Magician90%
The Orphan100%
The Ruler70%
The Sage90%
The Seeker90%
The Warrior60%

The Orphan

THE ORPHAN

Orphans are independent, self-reliant and are mistrustful of authority. Orphans, fearing exploitation, seek to regain the comfort of the womb and neonatal safety in the arms of loving parents. To fulfill their quest they must go through the agonies of the developmental stages they have missed. Their strength is the interdependence and pragmatic realism that they had to learn at an early age.

Shadow Side: The victim. This will manifest itself in your feelings of being victimized by others, and consequently blaming your incompetence, irresponsibility, or even predatory behavior on other people. You might also expect special treatment and exemption from life because you feel so fragile. When your Shadow Orphan takes control it can attack those who are trying to help you, harming these people and yourself simultaneously.

Life Goal: Regain safety
Fear: Exploitation
Response to Problem: Being victimized by it
Life Task: Process and feel pain fully
Personal Gifts: Independence, realism, resilience, empathy
Personal Pitfalls: Cynicism, tendency to be the victim or victimized, chronic complaining

- nah, doesn't sound like me at all. Sounds more like a Cancer. Nah joking, not sure what part of my chart says this apart from Venus Pisces but maybe perhaps also Aries Stellium as that is the child of the zodiac.

The Lover

The Lover archetype governs all kinds of love – from parental love, to friendship, to spiritual love – but we know it best in romance. Although it can bring all sorts of heartache and drama, it also helps us to experience pleasure, achieve intimacy, make commitments and follow our bliss. The Lover seeks the bliss of true love and the syzygy of the divine couple. They often show the passion that they seek in a relationship in their energy and commitment to gaining the reciprocal love of another. They fear both being alone and losing the love that they have gained, driving them to constantly sustain their love relationships.

Shadow Nemesis: The seducer. This will manifest itself in your life as the tendency to become a sex or relationship addict, and someone who is unable to say “no” when passion descends, or is totally destroyed when a lover leaves.

Life Goal: Bliss, oneness, unity
Fear: Loss of love, disconnection
Response to Problem: Embrace it, love it
Life Task: Follow your bliss
Personal Gifts: Passion, commitment, enthusiasm, sensual pleasure
Personal Pitfalls: Objectifying others, romance/sex addictions, out of control sexuality

Venus influence obviously. Venus square Saturn - hedonism.

Last edited:

sibylline

The Sage 90%
The Seeker 85%
The Warrior 85%
The Creator 85%

Others 80% or less.

@OP, so any ideas which signs roughly match up with which archetype? It doesn't sound like they fit together exactly, e.g. both the Sage and the Seeker sound a bit like Sagittarius/Jupiter.

AppLeo

I got...

The Innocent - 95%
The Magician - 90%
The Warrior - 85%
The Joker - 85%

The rest were either 80% or lower.

conspiracy theorist

So it's always Sag O'clock? Lel.

How does any of this relate to w/e signs we have dominant in our charts though?

In CT's world, there is always Sagittarius for dinner.

Well, I guess that's where we come in. You got 100% for ruler; maybe it's that god awful Saturn on the top of your chart skewing everything to that.

I read all 3 of my high scoring descriptions and it's a rare thing where I agree with these online tests. In my case copious Sag and Jupiter goes a long way + Mars and 12th house too.

AppLeo

So it's always Sag O'clock? Lel.

How does any of this relate to w/e signs we have dominant in our charts though?

I don't even know. I have planets in the 8th house in all systems of astrology, and a Scorpio MC, so I can see where my Magician comes from.

I guess my Innocence comes from being a Leo Sun aspected to Neptune on the Ascendant.

My warrior could be Mars in the 7th in Cancer, Leo Sun aspected to Saturn and having Capricorn Rising.

The joker, I think, was a fluke.

Blaze

Account Closed
In CT's world, there is always Sagittarius for dinner.

Well, I guess that's where we come in. You got 100% for ruler; maybe it's that god awful Saturn on the top of your chart skewing everything to that.

I read all 3 of my high scoring descriptions and it's a rare thing where I agree with these online tests. In my case copious Sag and Jupiter goes a long way + Mars and 12th house too.

Hmm. That authoritarian Saturn probably does effect this outcome. Can't forget my ever regal jerkass Moon too. Still shocked Joker didn't score higher.

Speaking of, which score was your lowest?

conspiracy theorist

Hmm. That authoritarian Saturn probably does effect this outcome. Can't forget my ever regal jerkass Moon too. Still shocked Joker didn't score higher.

Speaking of, which score was your lowest?

Orphan. Safety isn't a strong drive in my life and I'm constitutionally unable to see myself as a victim. Ironically I think these themes are strong in all those people who fall for that specific brand of SJW-ism.

Laineydreamer21

Orphan. Safety isn't a strong drive in my life and I'm constitutionally unable to see myself as a victim. Ironically I think these themes are strong in all those people who fall for that specific brand of SJW-ism.

Forgive me for butting in, but I noticed I got lowest on orphan too, despite sh**** conditions, so just wondering what is SJW-ism?!

AppLeo

Why do you hate SJWS so much?

Forgive me for butting in, but I noticed I got lowest on orphan too, despite sh**** conditions, so just wondering what is SJW-ism?!

It means, "Social Justice Warrior." Someone who is a feminist and is usually super liberal.

conspiracy theorist

SJW stands for social justice warriors. To give a generous explanation, these are usually millennial aged individuals who, whilst well meaning, undertake various social causes that can be viewed as a waste of time at best. An example of this is implementing 88 new pronouns to call the various LGBBQ people around the world. They come from a place of pathos, and their world view seems to hinge on being victims of systematic patriarchal rule that will only crumble if they advocate such paradigm shifting thing as new pronouns and fat acceptance.

THE ORPHAN

Orphans are independent, self-reliant and are mistrustful of authority. Orphans, fearing exploitation, seek to regain the comfort of the womb and neonatal safety in the arms of loving parents. To fulfill their quest they must go through the agonies of the developmental stages they have missed. Their strength is the interdependence and pragmatic realism that they had to learn at an early age.

Shadow Side: The victim. This will manifest itself in your feelings of being victimized by others, and consequently blaming your incompetence, irresponsibility, or even predatory behavior on other people. You might also expect special treatment and exemption from life because you feel so fragile. When your Shadow Orphan takes control it can attack those who are trying to help you, harming these people and yourself simultaneously.

Life Goal: Regain safety
Fear: Exploitation
Response to Problem: Being victimized by it
Life Task: Process and feel pain fully
Personal Gifts: Independence, realism, resilience, empathy

Many of them being Orphans, at least in the archetypal sense, sounds like a snug fit because many of them act like spoiled children who want to be parented by the government and society instead of taking responsibility for their foibles and being the change they want to be.

Hope this little primer can shed some light. If you want to find out more there is a lot you can find scattered over the web.