Should I tell them?

Laineydreamer21

So I've been following advice meditating more and trying to allow things to progress without being scared, so far so good, not scared.. Even when things are being moved around me. Anyway, some precognitive dreams have happened, minor things but all good signs that I'm on track.
It's no big deal but I wanted to ask advice on something. My cousin hung herself in January unexpectedly, nobody knows why, she wasn't depressed (seemingly) very talented, busy, happy etc. This makes it even harder on her family of course. Nobody knows why. Anyway it was her 21st birthday on Monday (the super moon) and i dreamt about her that night. I was talking to her parents, they were telling me about having a party for her on Friday, and they got upset because they still don't know why. I saw her like I was getting a flash in the dream sitting there talking to them and she was showing me happy memories of being a kid, things I wouldn't know (still don't know if they're true) I got woken up then because my kid was also having a dream (bad one) and woke me. I don't know whether I should tell my aunt and uncle, or whether there is even anything to tell! Should I try to contact her? Should I leave it??

Bina

Maybe it would help your uncle and aunt to know that she is still around, if you shared the memories in the dream - they could perhaps also confirm if these did happen. But on the other hand you need to be careful not to remind them of things which could bring up more grief and make them feel worse. Trust and follow your intuition, perhaps call and play it by ear?

Laineydreamer21

Maybe it would help your uncle and aunt to know that she is still around, if you shared the memories in the dream - they could perhaps also confirm if these did happen. But on the other hand you need to be careful not to remind them of things which could bring up more grief and make them feel worse. Trust and follow your intuition, perhaps call and play it by ear?

Thanks Bina,
I have no idea what to do, kind of leaning towards waiting to see if she contacts me again.. I've put it out there that I'm here to listen so if I get something more solid I might contact my aunt and uncle then..

I think it would depend what their belief is, and if they are aware of how spiritual you are? It sounds like it was quite vibrant even if nothing particular happened, but it's still a strong image. I would wanna tell them because these things are nice but it really depends on their beliefs first. If they've spoken to you about this type of thing before. Or even just describe it as if it was a dream but you thought they would like to know.

Laineydreamer21

I think it would depend what their belief is, and if they are aware of how spiritual you are? It sounds like it was quite vibrant even if nothing particular happened, but it's still a strong image. I would wanna tell them because these things are nice but it really depends on their beliefs first. If they've spoken to you about this type of thing before. Or even just describe it as if it was a dream but you thought they would like to know.

Im not sure what they're beliefs are.. I like them a lot and they're very easy going but it's a whole other level to think of speaking about her with them.. I really don't know what way they would take it. I suppose there's only one way to find out though. I remember when she died, I didn't know what to say to help.. Usually I can sense SOMETHING to say that will help.. Then again it really is the end of the world for them so nothing can help. They don't know about me, it's a kind of black sheep family secret about the green eyed witch! 😂 I like your idea, trying to explain it as a dream 😉 thank you

Im not sure what they're beliefs are.. I like them a lot and they're very easy going but it's a whole other level to think of speaking about her with them.. I really don't know what way they would take it. I suppose there's only one way to find out though. I remember when she died, I didn't know what to say to help.. Usually I can sense SOMETHING to say that will help.. Then again it really is the end of the world for them so nothing can help. They don't know about me, it's a kind of black sheep family secret about the green eyed witch! 😂 I like your idea, trying to explain it as a dream 😉 thank you

Yeah I think it depends with each family. Some people don't like these things and some people don't like it at all due to religious reasons. But these things are meant to help, and it would be nice sharing that happy memory you saw with them. And yep, you can always downplay it as a dream ;) but if what you tell them 'sticks' in their mind, it could really,really help :)

Laineydreamer21

Did she leave a note explaining why? :unsure:

Unfortunately not.. Nothing to give a clue as to why she decided to do it.. She had her lunch made for college the night before.. Was appearing as Snow White in a big production the next week.. Had bought new clothes the day before.. Nothing to hint at what was obviously going on in her head.

Laineydreamer21

Yeah I think it depends with each family. Some people don't like these things and some people don't like it at all due to religious reasons. But these things are meant to help, and it would be nice sharing that happy memory you saw with them. And yep, you can always downplay it as a dream ;) but if what you tell them 'sticks' in their mind, it could really,really help :)

Thank you bluebell 😊

Neptunian Rainbow

A difficult situation! You could perhaps tell them that you had a strange dream where she showed you that she had a very happy childhood and that her parents were not the cause of what happened. You can say it without insinuating that you believe that it was her soul who brought you a message.

Some young people commit suicide because they love someone they can't have. Some feel like they don't have a place in this world. There can be various reasons. Not knowing is horrible. I can't even imagine what her parents must be going through now.

david starling

Unfortunately not.. Nothing to give a clue as to why she decided to do it.. She had her lunch made for college the night before.. Was appearing as Snow White in a big production the next week.. Had bought new clothes the day before.. Nothing to hint at what was obviously going on in her head.

No chance of "foul play" made to look like suicide? Just sounds suspicious.

Last edited:

Rawiri

Combining this with the other thread you posted...well, I know you can't due to your circumstances - but I'm still going to really recommend you see a genuine shaman trained in a tradition (which would likely require you to head to the Amazon or Peru etc). You are probably a natural psychopomp. That's not something anyone will truly be able to help you with online.

Like I said though...I know you can't now. But there's really not much else to recommend.

Laineydreamer21

Combining this with the other thread you posted...well, I know you can't due to your circumstances - but I'm still going to really recommend you see a genuine shaman trained in a tradition (which would likely require you to head to the Amazon or Peru etc). You are probably a natural psychopomp. That's not something anyone will truly be able to help you with online.

Like I said though...I know you can't now. But there's really not much else to recommend.

Thank you Rawiri,
Well that has given me a lot to look up! I had never heard the term "psychopomp" before. You are right I can't do anything really right now, but I did research and maybe I can do a course here in January all about shamanism?! It's all based on a Peruvian tradition.. So maybe it will be a good introduction at least?! I can just play it down to my family.

Laineydreamer21

A difficult situation! You could perhaps tell them that you had a strange dream where she showed you that she had a very happy childhood and that her parents were not the cause of what happened. You can say it without insinuating that you believe that it was her soul who brought you a message.

Some young people commit suicide because they love someone they can't have. Some feel like they don't have a place in this world. There can be various reasons. Not knowing is horrible. I can't even imagine what her parents must be going through now.

Thanks, yeah I agree the not knowing would kill me as a parent..