Surviving Neptune sq Pluto 2y transit? ADVICE NEEDED!

Andrea_

Surviving Neptune sq Pluto transit? ADVICE NEEDED!

Note: English is not my first language, therefore I apologize for any possible grammatical mistake

I've been going through a lot lately. Since 2011 I've been getting a lot of inner tension, radical changes in my ideas and ideals, irrational obsessive thoughts and fears, early life experiences that I thought I overcame now coming to surface, truth seeking, LOTS of confusion towards life in general and what path should I follow (generated by Neptune if I understood correctly), feelings of "powerlessness" and loss of confidence or determination followed by great amounts of energies, power and intuition... I even started to write down in a journal some episodes in which I can feel the emotions of others, or get an idea of what they're thinking, or having presentiments... long story short: a torrent of complex psychic and sensuous energy.

Symptoms:
I started reading about empathy, chakras, meditation methods, yoga, religions and ancient civilizations out of pure curiosity and hunger for aknowledging the more spiritual aspects of life that are closed to many people (or from which people tend to stray away, better said). I'm having a hard time recognizing which is true and which is illusion. I've been having periods of intense psychic episodes which freaked me out at first but with which I got used... until they stopped, and I started feeling weak and scared that I would lose them completely.

I had (and i still have i might say) an irrational desire to make changes and adjustments in my life: I transferred to another class, I started lots of projects and abruptly ended others, and now, being so sensible to energies and everything, I started to think that I should return to my previous class again, regardless of the fact that I know my reputation may suffer a lot of damage. I'm just too obsessed with these energies and intense feelings (not finding my place in this class, while in the other one I knew what my place was and I was happy but I had other issues and now I know I SHOULDN'T have listened to these impulses of making unnecesary changes and having unrealistic expectations) that apparently come from the fact that many things around me are SO out of balance, false and freedom suppresing,... Because during holidays everything seems to come back no normal again, when I do not have to deal with energy draining situations and sleepless nights and no time for any meditation at all. Over one year and a half I'll be studying at a university, therefore my life got pretty busy...

I never quite understood WHY ALL OF THESE were happening, because I took a break from reading about astrology... but now I came back and across an interesting article. Then I calculated my Transits, and when I read today about the transit I'm going through, Neptune square Pluto, I was like.... "wow, wait a second, this description fits me PERFECTLY." And indeed, the things written here click pretty much describe my past 2 years, in a very accurate manner.

Question: I've always been tunned to the more subtle things going on around me, and I still love being around animals and nature. Or helping people and spreading "good vibes". But never like I am now. I have powerfull inner "pushes" and sometimes they proved to be real: unfortunately I made a mistake in logic and chose to move to another class, having thought that the problems were coming from outside: now I regret it, but now I have an even stronger "push" to return, regardless of the fact that everyone says I shouldn't...
What do you think? Any thoughts or advice? Has any of you been through this transit and experienced similar things?
Is it due to the 12th House sun and jupiter that I focus my attention on these "hidden aspects" of life, inner impulses, feelings, ...?

I really need some advice. My student life depends on the decisions I take during this period. It sais that this transit lasts until December 2013.... OUCH!

Last edited:

miquar

Re: Surviving Neptune sq Pluto transit? ADVICE NEEDED!

Hi Andrea. I generally don't have a problem with talking about aspects (natal or transits or whatever) in isolation from the birth chart, though of course at the end of the day it has to be seen in the context of the natal chart to be meaningful to the individual. But in the case of an outer planet transiting a natal outer planet, I think that its necessary to be able to see the natal chart from the start - otherwise there's nothing at all to indicate how the energy would manifest in the everyday world. Could you post your chart?

Andrea_

Sure, here it is:

Attachments

• natal chart2.jpg
    natal chart2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Sorry, but I can't read the chart you posted. If you do one through astro.com, then it should be clearer. It looks as though you have sextiles and minor aspects to natal Pluto from natal Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars, and with transiting Neptune activating natal Pluto at the moment (this transit does pass next year), any issues related to these natal Pluto aspects might be brought to the surface. Some of the truth-seeking energy around since 2011 will have been connected with transiting Uranus square natal Sun (and also square the Moon/Pluto and Venus/Pluto midpoints). Transiting Pluto also conjuncted your Sun in recent years, but had moved on by 2011.

But if you want to post a clearer chart, I'll take a closer look.

Andrea_

It appears that there's some kind of a square between Jupiter and Saturn, but astro.com is the only site which actually shows this aspect... is it really a square?

Or click this link for a bigger image (I hope it will remain available)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_mmm_mmm.76890.37890.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_mmm_mmm.76890.37890.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

miquar

It appears that there's some kind of a square between Jupiter and Saturn, but astro.com is the only site which actually shows this aspect... is it really a square?

Or click this link for a bigger image (I hope it will remain available)

Hi. Yes its a square but very wide. The other sites must be using an 8 degree orb, which would exclude this square. Astro.com use 10 degree orbs unless you decrease them.

I'll come back to look at your chart some time over the weekend. Happy solstice/birthday!

wilsontc

Staff member
tenser the time the tenser the transits, to Andrea

Andrea,

You said:
I've been going through a lot lately...a torrent of complex psychic and sensuous energy...I became a truth seeker...the more spiritual aspects of life...I'm having a hard time recognizing which is true and which is illusion. I've been having periods of intense psychic episodes which freaked me out at first but with which I got used... until they stopped...an irrational desire to make changes and adjustments in my life...I'm just too obsessed with these energies and intense feelings...WHY ALL OF THESE were happening...My chart contains ABSOLUTELY NO SQUARES OR OPPOSITES whatsoever...

You have an "easy" chart, suggesting either life is easy or you EXPECT life to be easy. So when challenging transits (moving planets in the sky) come along, they affect you VERY strongly. And you have a LOT of challenging transits. Transiting Saturn :)saturn: duty, responsibility) is going over your Midheaven (outer world), suggesting a time of coming into responsibility in the outer world. Transiting Uranus :)uranus: rebellion) is square :)square: energy needs to be combined with) your Sun :)sun: self-expression) in the spirituality house, suggesting a time of "stirring up" the expression of your spirituality. Transiting Pluto :)pluto: transformation) is going over your Ascendant (self), suggesting a time of intense personal transformation. Transiting Jupiter :)jupiter: expansion, also knowledge) is :square: your birth :saturn: indicating a time where you feel you need to expand your duties through developing your knowledge.

And ALL of this is going on right now and a LOT of these are very LONG transits. So this is a VERY challenging time. But out of pressure come diamonds as long as you go THROUGH the process and don't get "stuck" in obsession (Pluto), rebellion (Uranus), confusion (Neptune), wisdom-pursuing (Jupiter), and duty (Saturn). Each planetary energy has important lessons but its important to take the lessons and move on. As to "psychic abilities", Buddhists believe these are simply distractions from understanding the TRUE nature of the world. So now that you have put these abilities behind you, the REAL learning begins.

May you live in challenging times,

Tim

JUPITERASC

.....I calculated my Transits, and when I read today about the transit I'm going through, Neptune square Pluto, I was like.... "wow, wait a second, this description fits me PERFECTLY." And indeed, the things written here click pretty much describe my past 2 years, in a very accurate manner.
Hello Andrea :smile:

remember that
approximately three hundred and eighty four thousand people worldwide were born on the same day that you were born!

Consider then that Neptune takes 165 years to go once around our Sun and therefore remains on the same degree for more than 24 hours

and sometimes Neptune remains on the same degree for weeks if stationary retrograde or stationary direct

THEREFORE
all those born the same day as you Andrea, also have their Neptune at the same degree SO then apparently are perhaps experiencing something similar and that's not surprising, since every generation has shared experiences

To better focus on your personal experience of planets of your natal chart in relation to transiting planets, it is important to consider the sign as well as the house location of both natal AND transiting planets

miquar

Hi Andrea. As Wilson has said, there are strong transits around for you at the moment. In fact there are more to come because you have many chart points in the middle cardinal signs which will be triggered by transiting Uranus and Pluto over the coming years. It seems that evolution must become a way of life for you for a few years yet. You might benefit from reading Tracy Marks' The Astrology Of Self-Discovery. Marks went through a similar period when Pluto moved through Libra and conjuncted many of her natal planets while doing so. She concentrates on the meanings of the Moon, Neptune and Pluto in the book.

Since you have many important transits happening in an unusually short space of time, it is good that you found an interpretation which really speaks to you of your current process (i.e. transiting Neptune square Pluto). Perhaps this is so strong for you because natally Pluto aspects both your Sun and Moon, and semisquares your Sun/Moon midpoint. Transiting Neptune is currently doing the same as it squares natal Pluto. I think you would get much from the book mentioned above.

The most powerful transits over the coming years will probably be transiting Uranus and Pluto to the points occupying 13 to 19 degrees of cardinal signs (which includes the Sun/Moon midpoint at 17 and a half degrees cardinal, and note also that when transiting Uranus and Pluto are around 17 degrees cardinal they make sesquiquadrate and semisquare aspects to natal Pluto.) Transiting Saturn across the midheaven is also likely to be strong. But for now I would focus on getting the most from the Neptune transit which is happening at the moment.

In terms of the natal chart itself, there are many features which suggest that your own growth is entwined with the growth of the collective, but that you must find your own individual way of expressing and meeting collective needs. When the life of the collective is so influential in an individual's psyche it often takes longer for the individual to find a solid personality from which to act. Be patient with yourself. If long term financial stability is an important goal for you, then you may have to make a conscious decision to follow a particular path which is conducive to this end - because your natural inclination may be to follow your passions from one year to the next as various collective needs and movements vie for your attention. Saturn ruling the chart (and three personal planets) from the second house may help you to secure financial stability, but with the Sun in the 12th, and Saturn in Pisces, it is possible that your attunement to some collective yearning (which may be a yearning of your family in particular on some level which you are called upon to redeem) will play a part in shaping the way in which you attain this.

appleberry

Well, I dunno... Neptune and Pluto are both quite slow so ur going through something that prolly your entire generation is going through. I think other aspects would be more telling for an individual...

Andrea_

Extremely simple yet right to the point explanation wilsontc, thankyou! And miquar, thanks again for the tips :D I'll try a book or two, maybe that'll help

And many thanks to everybody else too! I apreciate any additional yet relevant explanation of the way these transits can affect one's life