South Node Near The MC; North Node Near The IC

Blacknight

So I have a question for a chart configuration where the south node is in the tenth house with the midheaven and where the north node is in the fourth house along with the IC, and I was wondering how is that configuration supposed to make sense?

From what I've read others say MC is career & where you need to grow toward whereas IC is more about origins. Likewise the NN & SN seem to share a similar definition in the realm of spiritual growth where the south is in the past & the north is where you need to grow.

It seems like this type of configuration would pull a person in two directions and it's confusing. :andy:

Wow it's funny that you asked this question because I am wondering the exact same thing! Except my north node in Taurus is with 2 degrees of the IC which makes it conjunct. Not sure how close yours is?

I've read a few articles on this and so far it hasn't been positive so I'm hoping more people will post to this discussion.

What I've read is that success comes to you through your domestic life. Social events and personal events coincide in a positive way so that you reap the benefits (as it applies to home). In terms of career, the opposite is true. "Long standing habits are at odds with current social trends. The native has a good work ethic so they will eventually succeed but their efforts benefit others more than themselves." -Astrologers Handbook (can't remember the author and the book is not near).

I also read that, in a past life, you lived a life of importance and prominence so this lifetime you have to learn to live a less glamorous, important life. The home and family are more important.

To me this is disappointing because I have always dreamed of having success with my art. I seem to be always compared to my older brother who has been very successful. So it just goes to show that perhaps I have an attachment to my dream that is about more than just art- it might be about being important. So, as much as it makes me feel like life isn't fair- I have to learn to place more importance on my emotional, inner life and domestic peace.

I was thinking though, maybe I can work around this by working at home? (This is something I've always wanted to do.) Or perhaps I should go into business with family?

I hoped my musings here helped you a bit. I'd love to hear anything you may have read about this subject.

Blacknight

Wow you have them opposite and conjunct?! That's crazy! I imagine that's even more potent & polarizing too. So your south node is in scorpio conjunct the midheaven then? I'm not sure what that would entail, but that's a very unique combo to me.

My south node is in cancer but not conjunct the MC, it's actually conjunct chiron less than a degree (mars happens to conjunct my MC). My North node is in capricorn semi close to neptune within under 6 degrees.

I just tried to attach my chart- I hope it worked! I'd love to hear anything about my north node at 18 degrees Taurus conjunct IC. Thank you.

Attachments

• astro_chart.gif
    astro_chart.gif
    56.6 KB · Views: 113

kimbermoon

[FONT=Andalus, serif]That same paradox applies to us all, since the Nodes are always in direct opposition...your chart is distinct with almost all the energies, except for Pluto ,in the eastern hemisphere...this tends to contribute to a more personalized orientation to life, whereby you are here to learn more through your own experiences, rather than relying on others to find fulfilment and happiness...something akin to being more of an observer of life, rather than participant...that is your natural spiritual orientation at least. I think the Nodes are very much about the law of cause and affect; it is by our own actions that we are allowed to reap the consequences, for good or ill. Here you have the polarity between Scorpio and Taurus which also needs to be considered. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]In it's most simplistic reference, this suggests that incidents from the past and your memory of them, will affect the actions and directions you take in life, and tend to create blockages in terms of public success or recognition. NN at the IC shows the ability to create security and stability in your life, through a 'right state of mind' and awareness of how your past conditioning has affected you, in terms of values, ideals and attitudes that still reside within your psyche; [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]SN at the MC is typically not a good sign for achievement in the material world, and suggests that you may find many hindrances or hurdles if you aspire to a professional career, or public standing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]I would suggest that this is about you needing to increase your awareness and consciousness about the self, in order to avoid disputes, conflicts and difficulties in the outer world; being aware of how your own actions affect others which may colour their reactions to you. Of course there is much more to delineate to get to the essence of what this means to you personally.[/FONT]

:smile:

kimbermoon

[FONT=Andalus, serif]Again to gain clarity about the Nodes, there are other factors to consider, especially the aspects to the axis.[/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Blacknight; for you we find the South Node joined in the 10th with Chiron, but square the Sun...problems arising in the subconscious [psyche] in connection with the parental influence, often the father [the Sun]; this is where your hindrances in the outer world may be sourced from. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Cancer represents the Mother, the domestic instinct and issues about femininity. You definitely have to look at how you feel about your past, with clarity and understanding and remove any psychological blockages attached to them...note the t-square Sun/Moon/Jupiter/Saturn.[/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Sun ruling the 11th; Moon [your emotional reactivity] rules the MC [public]; Jupiter [faith, trust, dignity, joy, confidence] rules the 3rd; Saturn [restriction, duty, hurdles] rules your 4th: problems with communication and contrasting mind sets. With the parents. The theme is pretty obvious in this case. Then you have to factor in the influences of the other Cancerian energies with Mars opposing nUranus: rebellion, conflict, aggression, instability. It's definitely all about family dynamics for you; it is about clearing away the negative influences of the past, otherwise they will impact on your personal journey in life ]. Note also that Saturn is sandwiched between Saturn and Neptune; the support you received in the past may have been rather obscure, mysterious or deceptive; perhaps you were emotionally manipulated.[/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]There may well be abandonment issues, or neglect [Saturn/Aquarius] that you are still attempting to deal with on the subconscious level. These are but a few of the possible trends that could play out for you. :innocent:[/FONT]

rahu

Banned
hi black night
your nodal axis has Chiron conjunct the south node with the mars/Jupiter midpoint also conjunct the south node. Chiron gives a psychic ability , it gives a critical mind but can bring you into arguments easily as you lack tact. The problem with this placement is that you have abilities to see through the superficial and understand the actually dynamics of any situation. But most people don’t like their “real “intentions or dynamics make public. If Chiron’s insights are not accepted then one can become very critical and tactless. Of course with your mars/Uranus opposition, you already have this devil may care attitude about what others think. The mars/Jupiter midpoint gives you abundant physical strength and unstoppable initiative. This tends to bring economic opportunities to you. You have abilities to be governing or executive positions but again your mars/Uranus abruptness can negate these opportunities.
You north node has is square to mercury and a loose Neptune conjunction which is drawn in as mercury is square to the Neptune/node midpoint. mercury fives you a very sharp mind, with the node/Neptune influence , it gives a strong psychic ability. But often the mercury square makes one think that you intuitive mental jumps are just logical progression, so one doesn’t consider the psychic nature. though mercury shows an intelligent mind, Neptune’s influence can give a diffuse mind. So there is a bit of a conflict. You may doubt your judgment even when you are usually proven correct in your ideas. Neptune/node can give you visionary abilities. It makes you extremely creative and dreams could bring visions and prophetic content. With Neptune square the vertex, these psychic abilities are pronounced but again you may second guess yourself. With Saturn opposed to the moon, coupled with your Neptune’s influences, you have probably been subject to nightmares as well as dreams with prophetic content.

rahu

Thanks Kimbermoon!

I also went around the internet and collected a couple excerpts on north node conjunct IC and north node in the 4th house (which seem to be the same thing) and attached the document.

Kimbermoon, reading all of this makes me quite depressed. I'm 28 and beginning a career as a designer. What I have read makes me think that I can only be successful as a housewife! It makes me think that I will always be poor or dependent on others for money. In one of the websites I have read that one of the main lessons is to release the need to have an audience for one's achievements. That part is understandable but does it mean that I will face difficulties with any career I undertake? Can I get around this a bit by perhaps working from home?

:surprised:

Attachments

• North Node conj IC.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 196

Blacknight

With the parents. The theme is pretty obvious in this case. Then you have to factor in the influences of the other Cancerian energies with Mars opposing nUranus: rebellion, conflict, aggression, instability. It's definitely all about family dynamics for you; it is about clearing away the negative influences of the past, otherwise they will impact on your personal journey in life.[/COLOR]

Hey kim, I totally agree with this assessment, and while I don't want to cut off my family, I think very soon, as I begin going to school full time during this year, I will be spending all my time focused on the future going at things independently with minimal parental influence.

If Chiron’s insights are not accepted then one can become very critical and tactless. Of course with your mars/Uranus opposition, you already have this devil may care attitude about what others think. The mars/Jupiter midpoint gives you abundant physical strength and unstoppable initiative. This tends to bring economic opportunities to you. You have abilities to be governing or executive positions but again your mars/Uranus abruptness can negate these opportunities.

Thank you for the insight rahu. So I must work on my communication with being more tactful in order increase my success through working with other people? I think I can work on that. :happy:

Birch Dragon

Blacknight,
You have the same configuration with your lunar nodes as I have in my chart, where the North node is in the 4th house but Capricorn, the sign associated with the opposite (10th) house.
I started a thread on it a few months back when I first came to this website. It won't up sparking quite a bit of discussion and a learned a great deal! You might be interested.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69955&highlight=Birch+Dragon

(Note though: it starts with a dumb little spat. The good stuff gets going somewhere down the first page...)

Shanti

Christielove wrote some lines:
I'm 28 and beginning a career as a designer
Some random thoughts from me...

In fact your chart have ascendant at 0' degrees.
some minutes earlier birthtime makes your profession a lot more sense astrologically. Using a whole sign format your 10th sign/house is then libra
(design). And the Moon Mars node formation in your creative 5th house.
That makes quite a lot sense from this astrological lense of whole signs.

There is also a mutual reception venus and mars which adds strength to the otherwise debilitated venus and mars. creative strength.

What I have read makes me think that I can only be successful as a housewife!
I think you have not to worry too much about success in your chosen career. You have a T-square with Mars-Jupiter- Pluto.
Anyone familiar with Ebertins almost scientific astrology (cosmobiology) knows that this is a faboulous success pattern shown by experience in typical success charts.
From COSI ( combination of stellar influences -- Ebertin's masterpiece)

I have not that book handy, can't find it. But reading Noel Tyl's delineation of mars, Jupiter,Pluto says:
"Extreme creative selfapplication, enterprise,demanding success from the environment, the really big picture"
(Noel tyl is of course heavily influenced by Ebertin here.) :happy:

Below your chart with 3 minutes earlier time in whole sign house system.
Don't take my words as gospel though lol

Good luck !

Attachments

• christie love.PNG
    christie love.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks Shanti, that was really interesting. That T-square has been challenging for me, causing me to be over-emotional, fanatical, angry and insecure all at once! I feel that as I've grown up I've learned more about myself and about how to get around these things. Someone else on here recommended "How to Handle Your T-Square" by Tracy Marks which I plan on checking out.

My only question for you Shanti, is why did you cast the chart a few minutes earlier? Isn't that cheating? :tongue:

The other insight I got yesterday, one the subject of nodes, was that career success will come almost as a byproduct of my inner work (by learning to love myself deeply and accepting my emotions etc etc). The inner work comes first, and the career success follows.

My professional experiences thus far have highlighted my emotional weaknesses more than any other experiences (my insecurity with dealing with strangers and the public as well as my lack of self-esteem in my worth). These experiences have taught me about myself and shown me areas that need work. It's kind of like the universe is telling me- you need to work on yourself before you can do that! It's just the knowing how to go about it that's tough (as in, how does one learn to love oneself?). I guess that's my challenge.

kimbermoon

Now you're getting it...
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Remember that the Nodes are but one factor in your chart; pay attention to all the positive reinforcements available to you: Sun /Saturn trine [2nd to 10th H]; also Sun sextile Jupiter.... All these contribute to the potential for not suffering monetary hardship, which is often denoted by positive connections between the 2nd, 6th and 10th houses. Also the other aspects to Saturn are positive, and I would think that the difference of 10 degrees from the the South Node would tend to minimize it's influence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Andalus, serif]Moon trine Neptune is good for creativity, and it also rules your 6th H of employment. The creative impetus is also denoted by the 5th H ruler, Mercury, joined with Venus trine Uranus as well as Neptune. I think your choice of 'designer' seems like a good one for you. Remember that SN shows what past baggage you have to get rid of in order to become independent and successful in your own right. When we acknowledge that, we can move beyond it. You are only feeling depressed because of your Saturn return, which is now receding. Now is the time when you really start to 'come into your own.' Look on the bright side of your chart. :smile:[/FONT]

Shanti

Thanks Shanti, that was really interesting. That T-square has been challenging for me, causing me to be over-emotional, fanatical, angry and insecure all at once!
Yes, but it should really be an asset for you as well.

Interpreting T-squares have routes to it.

* One is to take each part of it analyzing element sign house planet so forth and see what it entails and then go to next part and see in the end what parts are struggling in the dynamic formation.

* Another is to just imagine the involved planets in a lump and see what it gives. Mars drive, energy, Pluto power intensity---Jupiter expansion --Moon emotions.
So this pattern can give drive to succeed and the power to do so. It's there in your chart and you can acess it.
It's the counterpart of the South node on MC which can give insecurity and anxiety in career matters. Saturn is there too conjunct MC in the mix which adds caution and doubts, and add the possible late bloomer syndrome, growing step by step as times goes by.
Saturn in Vedic astrology is said to mature in mid30ies and you are still young.

South node is a point of release and north node a point of influx of energies. So south node on MC favours career attititudes of giving, compassion, serving et.c which can be applied in any profession.

My only question for you Shanti, is why did you cast the chart a few minutes earlier? Isn't that cheating :tongue:
Yes indeed ! Just on impulse...an idea of mine. I am very impulsive in posting sometimes..aries sun mercury..:smile:

My professional experiences thus far have highlighted my emotional weaknesses more than any other experiences (my insecurity with dealing with strangers and the public as well as my lack of self-esteem in my worth). These experiences have taught me about myself and shown me areas that need work. It's kind of like the universe is telling me- you need to work on yourself before you can do that! It's just the knowing how to go about it that's tough (as in, how does one learn to love oneself?). I guess that's my challenge.
Yes that's Saturn and south node conjunct MC.
My solar fire pop-up interpretation:
"SATURN IN THE 10TH HOUSE
You have a fear of public failure, and approach your career with caution. After early setbacks you will become hard-working and respectable in your chosen profession."

So as Kimberly said you are on right track. There is no shortcuts. You have to learn to live with the insecurity but still act and deal with it. I recommend doing positive visualisations each day of yourself in where you want to be. Feeling the positive emotions such inner pictures gives you. These positive feelings will attract to you more positive outcomes in the end. Then you use the positive power of your inner power inherent in the T-square.
Simultaneusly work on yourself with awareness. Awareness and accepting all of your emotions of insecurities et.c. This will loose up knots in your karmic bag and psychology.

Your progressed Sun (identity in development) at 2' Taurus is about to enter your T-square in coming years.
You have an opportunity to go about to take back your power ! A process in selfidentity formation, selftransformation...yes.

Good luck

Shanti

cella

Banned
BN my friend, can I hijack your thread? Since people are discussing NN here with such interest I wonder if anyone knows about NN in the ninthhouse.

I did a research once, pulled up charts of all famous people who have NN in the ninth house. AND I found that ALL of them were either married to a person of foreig origin, the spouse either came from a different country of had a foreign ancestral lineage.

What's your experience?

Thanks!! :love: