Book Recommendations?

doormousey

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to get better at horary astrology and I was looking to see if anyone has some good book recommendations for beginners. Right now, I've learned some basics, but I realize I still have a lot to learn. I get confused about what planet represents who!

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

Best wishes,
D.

dr. farr

Many experts in horary here on AW will suggest their favorite books; I myself follow neither traditional nor modern standard horary (I am an eclectic, but that's another story!) however, to get one started without also getting one overwhelmed, may I suggest a little gem of a horary book by Robert DeLuce, entitled "Horary Astrology" (the entire content of this book is copied on the Google book search and thus freely availabe); also get Manly P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords", as a reference (Hall has several sections devoted to horary)

starfish

Hello, can I join doormousey in asking the same question?

I have "Horary Astrology Plain & Simple" by Anthony Louis - the only one I have at the moment.
It has many good reviews and I guess it's a good book, but the problem for me is, it wasn't THAT simple...:(
And, as the reference and tables are scattered around in the book, I need to go back and forth to read a chart by myself using this book.

I want something very simple, a beginner friendly book with well organised tables.
Any suggestions?

Also, I've been thinking about trying Lilly's "Christian Astrology" and John Frawley's "The Horary Textbook" - which I believe both a "must" for horary practitioners.

I've seen some extracts from Lilly's book on the net and that makes me wonder if I could finish reading the whole book at all, since it seems to have been written in old English.

Would you recommend to read both books anyway?
Or if you suggest one (I could probably afford one at a time - they are quite costly!), which would you suggest?
I am not thinking about becoming a professional horary astrologer - all I want is to understand the art of horary and use it for my everyday life.

Thank you heaps in advance!!!