Does he regret how things ended between us?

scahm

An ex from a couple of years ago has reached out to apologise for his bad behaviour at the time, so I cast a chart out of interest to see if he really regrets his actions. In short, he had been seeing someone behind my back and then broke things off with me.

I'm seeing a lot of signs which indicate a no to me: SN in first house, no aspect between L7 and his L12, as well as the upcoming Mercury/Jupiter opposition. What I found interesting though is the Moon on his 12th house cusp, having left a sextile 2 units of time ago. As our breakup was two years ago, I wonder if that indicates that he had regrets then?

I also found Venus being on the descendant quite interesting as he's now clearly seeing someone else too - does he want to be friends? Why did he reach out?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 19.43.33.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 19.43.33.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 19.43.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 19.43.41.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Ive looked at his lot of truth which falls at 8° Aries conjunct Chiron in your 5th house. Lot ruler mars is in a pitted degree, L7/mercury flows away from the lot and so does sun and moon.

This says he's not being truthful in that he regrets how things ended. With his L5 conjunct his Dsc would say he said this to get back in your good books. Also as the lot is in your 5th house.

His part of desire for you falls at Libra 5°53 Conjunct MC, which him mercury and moon flow towards and the lot ruler venus is conjunct Dsc. This says he said what he said, as he wants something 5th related back with you.

scahm

Ive looked at his lot of truth which falls at 8° Aries conjunct Chiron in your 5th house. Lot ruler mars is in a pitted degree, L7/mercury flows away from the lot and so does sun and moon.

This says he's not being truthful in that he regrets how things ended. With his L5 conjunct his Dsc would say he said this to get back in your good books. Also as the lot is in your 5th house.

His part of desire for you falls at Libra 5°53 Conjunct MC, which him mercury and moon flow towards and the lot ruler venus is conjunct Dsc. This says he said what he said, as he wants something 5th related back with you.

Hmm interesting, I can see it being the case that he maybe just wants to hook up again. Do you not think Venus conjunct Dsc indicates another woman here?

Also sorry, please could you explain the significance of the his POD being conjunct the MC - does that in itself signify anything or is the lot ruler the only important thing here?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Hmm interesting, I can see it being the case that he maybe just wants to hook up again. Do you not think Venus conjunct Dsc indicates another woman here?

If you think about it logically. If there was another woman in his life why would he be reaching back out to you?

swanswings

Beneficent kindness to you and all whom you know.

I prefer whole signs.

Yes, yes, I know that you made an horary request, nevertheless, that chart is loaded with warnings.

At the time of the casting, with Sag Asc, Jupiter was in fall in the 2nd House of feeling good about yourself. The Moon, in the grief-bringing 6th house of slaves, is ruled by Venus Retrograde in the 7th. Venus here shows that you may still feel interested in him.

HOWEVER,

Re-do the chart, and add asteroids Eros, Hephaistos, Hopi, Phaethon, and Pandora.

https://postimg.cc/PL3SvbN6

Moon very close conjunct Eros, 0°03' (temporarily titillated/teased?) and conjunct Hephaistos (“tendency for an unlikely match in relationship i.e., variations on The Beauty and the Beast” per Martha Lang-Wescott)

Venus Rx partile conjunct Dsc and Hopi (ambushes) and Phaethon (recklessness).

And Jupiter conjunct Pluto are opposite Pandora in the House of Sex.

Wow! Did you look at that set of transits to your natal?

scahm

Beneficent kindness to you and all whom you know.

I prefer whole signs.

Yes, yes, I know that you made an horary request, nevertheless, that chart is loaded with warnings.

At the time of the casting, with Sag Asc, Jupiter was in fall in the 2nd House of feeling good about yourself. The Moon, in the grief-bringing 6th house of slaves, is ruled by Venus Retrograde in the 7th. Venus here shows that you may still feel interested in him.

HOWEVER,

Re-do the chart, and add asteroids Eros, Hephaistos, Hopi, Phaethon, and Pandora.

https://postimg.cc/PL3SvbN6

Moon very close conjunct Eros, 0°03' (temporarily titillated/teased?) and conjunct Hephaistos (“tendency for an unlikely match in relationship i.e., variations on The Beauty and the Beast” per Martha Lang-Wescott)

Venus Rx partile conjunct Dsc and Hopi (ambushes) and Phaethon (recklessness).

And Jupiter conjunct Pluto are opposite Pandora in the House of Sex.

Wow! Did you look at that set of transits to your natal?

Hi swanswings, thank you for taking the time to re-do this chart - you're pretty accurate in saying that this hasn't made me feel great about myself and there are still some lingering feelings leftover.

If you don't mind, please could you expand on what the asteroids show? I'm not familiar with any of them other than Eros, so I'm not super clear on what they indicate.

I can see Moon conjunct Eros indicating a sexual motive, but does Hephaistos suggest that he thinks we're an unlikely match?

Chrysalis

He played me and hooked up with other women at the same time before, wouldn't put it past him to want to do it again.

I understand, but for me personally that wouldn't make any kind of sense as to why he's wanting to hook you with you again. If he had someone else (venus so close to his dsc) that he was so into. Why the sudden interest again in you?

I've been in your position before where guys get back in touch, and its usually because they're now single and the other person didn't work out.

Also, take note venus is retrograde on his dsc.

swanswings

Beneficent grace.

Again, I acknowledge that this description is not traditional horary. I am offering these comments because the chart points to the potential for more grief and sorrow in the relationship with this person.

The following recasts the chart with the sidereal zodiac and adds the asteroid Adrastaeia and two Arabic Parts.

https://postimg.cc/hf6R3P7j

The Asc becomes Scorpio with Mars in the 4th in the 29th degree of Aquarius. The waning Aries Moon in the 6th is Aries ruled by Mars in the 4th. In Hindu/Vedic astrology, the 6th shows open enemies, and Mars in the 4th disrupts the harmony of the home.

Mars is close opposite Adrastaeia, 0°20', whose theme involves getting stuck in abusive relationships. Mars is also close opposite the Arabic Part of Disappointment and Endings (Asc + Mars - Venus).

Moon conjunct Hephaistos: Hephaistos was married to Aphrodite who was constantly unfaithful to him. As you wrote of this ex-, “He had been seeing someone behind my back.”

Remember, in horary, the Moon is co-ruler of the querent, and usually shows where her/your true interest lies. Waning Moon in the 6th ruled by home-busting Mars in the 4th; and the Arabic Part of Trickery and Deception (Asc + Venus - Sun) is located at Libra 20°33' opposite the Moon in the 12th House of hidden enemies — all suggest caution, caution, caution.

I am already desecrating traditional horary, so shall stop here.

With sincere best wishes,

S

ElenaJ

In effect, you want to know if he was lying, and if we look at his 3rd house, it is ruled by sun, in chatty gemini conjunct positive north node and separating from an inconjunct with you Jupiter. He was more or less sincere, when he spoke with you. More or less, in the way gemini can say two things at the same time.
He as descendent is gemini, again flighty and multiple as a sign, but the ruler mercury is in nostalgic cancer, thinking about the good times of the past, and more or less stationary, static, about to go back on its position. When it does it falls back to old habits, will trine illusive and shady Neptune in your 3rd.
There is no aspect between mercury and you, Jupiter, because mercury will go retrograde and move away. So, no future relationship.
Venus on the cusp of the descendent does look like a lady sitting there with him.
You Jupiter approach the conjunction with pluto, who wants to get to the bottom of things, and in fact pluto's sign scorpio rules your 12th of hidden matters, so you compulsively dig deep.
Moon is on the cusp of his 12th house, so you really do want to know what is going on behind his surface veneer, and moon will next link up with the same Neptune as mercury heads towards, in your 3rd, meeting webs of illusion.
Venus rules both his 5th of love affairs, and his 12th, and because she is sitting with him, he will play his cards close to his chest and not let you in on his secrets.
So, he sort of does regret having broken up with you, he is nostalgia about it, but at the same time he is moving on.
Duplice smooth talking gemini keeps one foot in each pot, not wishing ill to anyone.

scahm

Thank you so much for such detailed responses, I really appreciate it - it's given me a lot of clarity and insight.