Significance of a zero degree asc?

Jes092185

I've tried looking it up and I am not finding much of anything concrete. My daughters asc is 0' 46 in libra. All I keep finding is that 0 degree libra is significant if it's a planet, but does the same hold true for the ascendant. Also, would this make her exhibit Virgo qualities as well or, once the ascendant hits zero, it's all libra?

JUPITERASC

I've tried looking it up and I am not finding much of anything concrete. My daughters asc is 0' 46 in libra.
All I keep finding is that 0 degree libra is significant if it's a planet, but does the same hold true for the ascendant.
Also, would this make her exhibit Virgo qualities as well or, once the ascendant hits zero, it's all libra?
Ascendant degree is entirely dependent on the official time of birth
0 degrees 46 Libra indicates that if the birth had occurred only four minutes earlier :smile:
then the ascendant would have been Virgo

and so
ascendant degree relies on the accuracy and reliability of the time of birth

Jes092185

Ok. Thank you! So then when people first meet her she will appear Libran and not at all like a Virgo? And for the record, her birth time is 100% accurate 😊

Ascendant degree is entirely dependent on the official time of birth
0 degrees 46 Libra indicates that if the birth had occurred only four minutes earlier :smile:
then the ascendant would have been Virgo

and so
ascendant degree relies on the accuracy and reliability of the time of birth

JUPITERASC

And for the record, her birth time is 100% accurate
��
Usually at the time of birth the mother is not focused on a clock
neither are the medical team
medical team are focused on the health and safety of the potential newborn
as well as the mother
and it is only after the birth has taken place that clock time is noted

furthermore
time-pieces may be fast or slow
that's why very few if any official times of birth can be 100% accurate :smile:

Jes092185

I agree with that in the majority of births. However, I had a c-section and laid there staring at the clock waiting to hear screaming/crying as I was very high risk (twins) and was told my daughters may not make it. The doc announced baby A born at 1:13 at the same time she started crying. My surgery was scheduled for 1. That was thee longest 13 minutes of my life hahaha.

Usually at the time of birth the mother is not focused on a clock
neither are the medical team
medical team are focused on the health and safety of the potential newborn
as well as the mother
and it is only after the birth has taken place that clock time is noted

furthermore
time-pieces may be fast or slow
that's why very few if any official times of birth can be 100% accurate :smile:

katydid

I've tried looking it up and I am not finding much of anything concrete. My daughters asc is 0' 46 in libra. All I keep finding is that 0 degree libra is significant if it's a planet, but does the same hold true for the ascendant. Also, would this make her exhibit Virgo qualities as well or, once the ascendant hits zero, it's all libra?

I am a zero degree Scorpio Sun. I have read as much as possible about the meaning of zero degree placements. Personally, I feel that zero degrees of a sign is a very pure essence of that sign. Thus her asc. would be the purest essence of Libra, and not necessarily a mix of Virgo/Libra.

One interesting thing about a zero degree placement, it will 'stay' that sign for longer than any other placement. Thus, my sun did not progress out of Scorpio for 30 years. Most progress into Sag much quicker than my stubborn, sexy self did. :joyful:

Your daughter will probably exhibit a cheerful, sociable, attractive, diplomatic presence. :innocent:

Jes092185

I am a zero degree Scorpio Sun. I have read as much as possible about the meaning of zero degree placements. Personally, I feel that zero degrees of a sign is a very pure essence of that sign. Thus her asc. would be the purest essence of Libra, and not necessarily a mix of Virgo/Libra.

One interesting thing about a zero degree placement, it will 'stay' that sign for longer than any other placement. Thus, my sun did not progress out of Scorpio for 30 years. Most progress into Sag much quicker than my stubborn, sexy self did. :joyful:

Your daughter will probably exhibit a cheerful, sociable, attractive, diplomatic presence. :innocent:

Thanks for the response. She definitely does come across that way but she has a ton of Virgo qualities as well. Maybe it's her south node in Virgo that I see. Who knows.

katydid

Thanks for the response. She definitely does come across that way but she has a ton of Virgo qualities as well. Maybe it's her south node in Virgo that I see. Who knows.

Does she have planets or asteroids in her 6th ? Does she have a strong Mercury? Or an emphasis upon mutable or Earth element?

Jes092185

She has Uranus, POF, and north node in Pisces in the 6th. Her Mercury (6' 44) is in cancer conjunct sun (6' 38) q Mars in Taurus.

katydid

She has Uranus, POF, and north node in Pisces in the 6th. Her Mercury (6' 44) is in cancer conjunct sun (6' 38) q Mars in Taurus.

Having her Mercury exactly conjunct the Sun in an Earth sign is going to bring out some Virgoan qualities, as is having the nodal axis in Virgo/Pisces in the 6th/12th. So glad she has Libra rising so she can be diplomatic when she raises necessary criticisms...:wink:

Jes092185

Having her Mercury exactly conjunct the Sun in an Earth sign is going to bring out some Virgoan qualities, as is having the nodal axis in Virgo/Pisces in the 6th/12th. So glad she has Libra rising so she can be diplomatic when she raises necessary criticisms...:wink:

Hahahaha yes it probably is for the best! Thanks :)