last degrees

wowreally

what happens when a planet is at the last degree of a house (for example on more degree and the planet would be in another house)

does it have more traits of the house it's in, or the house it is about to enter.

katydid

I usually see it as more influenced by the house it is entering into. Progressions and directions will move it into that house in the toddler years and most of the first years of life will have it in that area. I kind of merge the two if that makes sense. And I will ask the client which one makes the most sense to them if need be.

wowreally

I usually see it as more influenced by the house it is entering into. Progressions and directions will move it into that house in the toddler years and most of the first years of life will have it in that area. I kind of merge the two if that makes sense. And I will ask the client which one makes the most sense to them if need be.

thank you for the reply
the reason i'm having difficulty with one particular planet is because i can see it strongly working in both?

JUPITERASC

what happens when a planet is at the last degree of a house
(for example on more degree and the planet would be in another house)

does it have more traits of the house it's in, or the house it is about to enter.
when a planet is in the last degrees of a house
that planet is in a particular house

and not in any other house

also
even if a planet is in the last degrees of a house
that planet is in some degree of a SIGN

and
A PLANET acts

and
A HOUSE shows the area of life in which the planet acts
:smile:

houses-labeled.gif

and
A SIGN shows the quality of the planet's expression

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

JUPITERASC

thank you for the reply
the reason i'm having difficulty with one particular planet is because i can see it strongly working in both?
The ASPECTS made by one particular planet
to other planets in a natal chart
influences the way that planet "works" WITH
or "has issues with" other planets in the natal chart
:smile:

waybread

A lot of astrologers see a planet at the end of a house as primarily influencing the next house. Some of us don't see a house cusp as a sharp boundary, but as a band of transition from one modality to the next.

In fact, if you run your chart through the different house systems on the free charts pages at Astrodienst, you will probably see your 8th house cusp moving around over a range of degrees.

Also some houses do logically follow from the next one. The 7th is the house of committed partnerships such as marriage. The 8th among other things concerned shared resources and the sexual organs (hence some astrologers attributing sexuality itself to the 8th house.)

Last edited: