Interesting theory on the degrees

gimzo23

Hello everyone

First time poster here.

I've been browsing the internet for astrological stuff as I often do, and I've come across the site of a Serbian astrologer named Nikola Stojanovic. On his site he has an introduction to his, as he calls it, "the theory on the degrees".
Unfortunately the site doesn't give me a direct link to that page, so I can't post it here. But I would be interested to hear if any more knowledgable astrology folks here have heard or read about him and this theory of his? He explains how he found out about each degree corresponding with each zodiac sign, beginning with degree 1 being Aries, degree 2 Taurus and so on.

As this being my first post, I just found out I can't post direct links, so you would have to google his name to go on his site. His theory is found on the left side under: the secret of each degree has finally been uncovered.

He has some more info on these individual degrees in some of his articles on his site. While I found this pretty interesting, I couldn't quite make out what he meant the 0 degree would be? As he states the following:
"And what comes next after the 29th degree of each zodiac sign? We get to the zero (0°) degree of the next zodiac sign hence repeating all 12 zodiac signs in a circle."

So as in his theory Leo is the last one on the degree 29, before it starts all over again, but if Aries is the 1st degree, I don't get what zero degree is. And wouldn't the 1st degree (Aries) be from 0'00-0'59 instead of 1'00-1'59? At least that's what I've learned from reading here. But maybe he has a different understanding of this.

Would be interesting to read what others think about this.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
So as in his theory Leo is the last one on the degree 29, before it starts all over again, but if Aries is the 1st degree, I don't get what zero degree is. And wouldn't the 1st degree (Aries) be from 0'00-0'59 instead of 1'00-1'59? At least that's what I've learned from reading here. But maybe he has a different understanding of this.

Pretty much, for some reason a more modern thing to do is have the degrees as 0-29 of any and all signs, whereas they used to be numbered 1-30. This doesn't really change anything, except that the degrees of exaltation, face, and term need to be pushed back one to correspond correctly.

So, for instance, it's written in classical texts that Venus is exactly exalted in the 27th degree of Pisces. Since this was written when the norm was 1-30, Venus is really exalted in 26° Pisces for our modern day charts that use the 0-29 way.

It's just slightly confusing, but you get the hang of it. :)

Astrologer4U

gimzo23 said:

Would be interesting to read what others think about this.

Full circle = 360 This is numerology but I believe that numerology and Astrology are related. In numerology 9 is always the end number and any number that has a 0 at the end is always a beginning number. In numerology you simply add across until you get a single digit hence, 360 becomes 9 the number of completion.

We have 3 sets of completed elements Earth, Air, Fire, Water...

3+3+3+3=12 signs of the zodiac

3 sets of elements x 4 signs = 12 total

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29... 30

10,20 and 30 represents a zero point. Again a zero point represents the beginning point and any number with a 9 at the end represents the end. Keep in mind that in numerology you add across until you get a single digit.

First 3 signs out of 12...

Aries = 0
Taurus=1
Gemini= 2

Take notice to how 0+1+2=3

Cancer=3
Leo=4
Virgo=5

Take notice to how 3+4+5=12=3

Libra=6
Scorpio=7
Sagittarius=8

Take notice to how 6+7+8= 21=3

Capricorn=9
Aquarius=10
Pisces=11

Take notice to how 9+10+11=30=3

Aries=12
Taurus =13
Gemini=14

12+13+14=39=12=3

Cancer=15
Leo=16
Virgo=17

15+16+17=48=12=3

Libra=18
Scorpio=19
Sagitarius=20

18+19+20= 57=12=3

Capricorn=21
Aquarius=22
Pisces=23

21+22+23= 66=12=3

Aries=24
Taurus=25
Gemini=26

24+25+26=75=12=3

Cancer=27
Leo=28
Virgo=29

27+28+29=84=12=3

Libra=30
Scorpio=1
Sagitarius=2

Capricorn=3
Aquarius=4
Pisces=5

Aries=6
Taurus=7
Gemini=8

Cancer=9
Leo=10
Virgo=11

Libra=12
Scorp=13
Sagitarius=14

Capricorn=15
Aquarius=16
Pisces=17

Aries=18
Tarus=19
Gemini=20

Cancer=21
Leo=22
Virgo=23

Libra=24
Scorpio=25
Sagitarius=26
Capricorn=27

Aquarius=28
Pisces=29

Aries=30
Taurus=1
Gemini=2

Cancer=3
Leo=4
Virgo=5

Libra=6
Scorpio=7
Sagitarius=8

Capricorn=9
Aquarius=10
Pisces=11

Aries=12

There are so many other patterns to point out but lets see if you can discover them on your own.:)

Astrologer4U

Last edited:

RayAustin

Hm.. I like the 0' degrees. It corresponds easier with computer programming, which is probably another reason why this has been adopted. It's much easier for a program to work with units of numbers when they start at 0, rather than 1.

Ray

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hm.. I like the 0' degrees. It corresponds easier with computer programming, which is probably another reason why this has been adopted. It's much easier for a program to work with units of numbers when they start at 0, rather than 1.

You think so? It'd be interesting to research and see when that 0-29 instead of 1-30 first got put into popular use. For all we know it could be before computers were used to calculate charts. I doubt it, though, since Lilly used 1-30, but perhaps still possible.

Astrologer4U

Starting at Zero point is always best, it is the ancient and natural order...

Zero"Zero is a powerful number which brings great transformational change, sometimes occurring in a profound manner. It has much intensity, so caution is needed wherever it appears to ensure that extremes are not encountered.
Zero represents the Cosmic Egg, the primordial Androgyne - the Plenum. Zero as an empty circle depicts both the nothingness of death and yet the totality of life contained within the circle. As an ellipse the two sides represent ascent and descent, evolution and involution.
Before the One (meaning the Source--not the number) there is only Void, or non-being; thought; the ultimate mystery, the incomprehensible Absolute. Begins with meanings such as, Non-existence; nothingness; the unmanifest; the unlimited; the eternal. The absence of all quality or quantity."

Cultural References

'Taoism: It symbolizes the Void; non-being.
Buddhism: It is the Void and no-thingness.
Kabbalism: Boundless; Limitless Light; the Ain.
Pathagoras saw zero as the perfect. Zero is the Monad, the originator and container of All.
Islamic: Zero is the Divine Essence."

http://www.crystalinks.com/numerology2.html

Beileve it or not, the 360 degree circle of our natal chart and all astrological charts are symbolic to this ancient symbol representing a zero, nothingness point, from where everything begat, and came into being... The Big bang got it's name from this symbol. The spiral never ends, it just keeps going. Without the number zero, numbers cannot grow and grow on into infinity. Hence, all that is, would not be. Everything would come to an end. would end

120px-Fibonacci_spiral_34.svg.png

Last edited:

gimzo23

Thanks Kaiousei no Senshi and Astrologer4U for enlightening me on the degree issue.

What I still don't get however, is, as that astrologer obviously uses the 0-29 degree counting method, why does he start with Aries on the 1st degree, instead of 0' degree?

I've checked with some of his theory examples in his articles with charts from real persons. For instance, he thinks that Marilyn Monroe must have been born 1 minute earlier because he doesn't think she has her ascendant on the 13th degree (being Aries degree according to him) , but he thinks she must have had her Ascendant on the 12th degree (being Pisces degree according to him), instead. I've checked her chart and she apparently had her ascendant on 13'03 degree. So by 12th degree, it is clear that he means between 12'00 and 12'59. I'm just mentioning this, because now it's clear what he means by 12th or 13th degree, what his counting method is. And this is why I now wonder why he puts Aries as 1st degree, which would be between 1'00 and 1'59, and not as the real starting point at 0' degree. So what is the very beginning 0'00-0'59 then, if Aries is the starting point at 1'00-1'59? :confused:

Well, maybe I should send him an email and just ask him personally, since it's his theory. I was just asking this question here, as I was wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong or not seeing it right.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Now that I'm not so sure about, but if I remember correctly, doesn't he sort of address the issue in the article? Maybe I imagined it, but I could have sworn I read a line that was something like "Now what about the 0°?" which would technically be 1° as I covered above. So, it seems like his theory is a little bit off as far as that goes.

Astrologer4U

gimzo23 said:
"And what comes next after the 29th degree of each zodiac sign? We get to the zero (0°) degree of the next zodiac sign hence repeating all 12 zodiac signs in a circle."

From my understanding, the guys theory is a bit contradicting. From the above, he seems to be advocating Zero as the starting point. If Zero represents the next sign, that means the previous sign is over. In the long example that I gave. Earth, Air, Fire, Water=4... Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable=3.

3 dualitys x 4 elements =12

Mutable represents the end of one cycle when you go from the first house moving around. Aries cardinal, Taurus fixed, Gemini mutable and Cancer begins the cycle over at Cardinal. Hence All beginning signs are Cardinal and all ending signs are mutable.

From the theory this guy gives representing Leo at 29 degrees, that leaves a fixed sign representing the end which according to Astrology is in accurate.

If you start properly with Zero as the starting point, Virgo becomes the 29th degree.

Maybe you should email this person because I think he is on to something but there is a slight flaw he seems to have over looked.

EJ53

Banned
gimzo23 said:
....why does he start with Aries on the 1st degree, instead of 0' degree?

He starts there because experience revealed that the 8th degree related to Scorpio, so he reasoned/deduced that the 1st degree relates to Aries.....And, as you say, he is indeed using the 0-29 counting system.

...So what is the very beginning 0'00-0'59 then, if Aries is the starting point at 1'00-1'59?

I think he may still not have resolved this himself, stating :-

...At the time, I had no clue about the zero (0°) degree (from 00'00" to 0°59'59"). For me, it presented an absolute mystery.....(but he later concluded).....And what comes next after the 29th degree of each zodiac sign? We get to the zero (0°) degree of the next zodiac sign hence repeating all 12 zodiac signs in a circle.

Seems to me that all he is saying in that conclusion is that 0 degrees is a marker for the start of the next sign.......where we begin again with Aries = first degree of sign.

If you do e-mail him, I'd be interested to hear his answer........particularly as he does not seem to use zero degrees in any of his examples......which also suggests he has not yet resolved this issue himself.

EJ:)

death

Astrologer4U said:
Starting at Zero point is always best, it is the ancient and natural order...

Zero"Zero is a powerful number which brings great transformational change, sometimes occurring in a profound manner. It has much intensity, so caution is needed wherever it appears to ensure that extremes are not encountered.
Zero represents the Cosmic Egg, the primordial Androgyne - the Plenum. Zero as an empty circle depicts both the nothingness of death and yet the totality of life contained within the circle. As an ellipse the two sides represent ascent and descent, evolution and involution.
Before the One (meaning the Source--not the number) there is only Void, or non-being; thought; the ultimate mystery, the incomprehensible Absolute. Begins with meanings such as, Non-existence; nothingness; the unmanifest; the unlimited; the eternal. The absence of all quality or quantity."
signature beloww:D (ouroboros)

Astrologer4U

EJ53 said:
He starts there because experience revealed that the 8th degree related to Scorpio, so he reasoned/deduced that the 1st degree relates to Aries.....And, as you say, he is indeed using the 0-29 counting system.

I was thinking the same thing too EJ but then how does he relate numbers to the signs once we arrive at the 12th degree? According to the rationale on Scorpio at the 8th degree, by the time we get to 13 we will be back at
Aries :confused: Making scorpio the second time around, end up at 20 degrees:confused:

@gimzo23

I would like to hear what the guy say's too, if you email him. In fact, it would be great if you could direct him to this thread. ;)

EJ53

Banned
Astrologer4U said:
According to the rationale on Scorpio at the 8th degree, by the time we get to 13 we will be back at
Aries :confused: Making scorpio the second time around, end up at 20 degrees

Yes, that's what he does A4U..........1/13/25 = Aries in each sign and he ends at 29 = Leo.........Then 0 = Next sign.

It all makes sense and seems to work..........until we get to the 0 = Next Sign......when my head spins:69:

Astrologer4U

EJ53 said:
Yes, that's what he does A4U..........1/13/25 = Aries in each sign and he ends at 29 = Leo.........Then 0 = Next sign.

It all makes sense and seems to work..........until we get to the 0 = Next Sign......when my head spins:69:

Yeah that is making my head spin as well because the zodiac always begins with a cardinal sign and ends with a mutable sign, not fixed.

gimzo23

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Now that I'm not so sure about, but if I remember correctly, doesn't he sort of address the issue in the article? Maybe I imagined it, but I could have sworn I read a line that was something like "Now what about the 0°?" which would technically be 1° as I covered above. So, it seems like his theory is a little bit off as far as that goes.

Yeah in the middle of the article he mentioned that at a certain time he had no clue about the 0 degree and that it presented a mystery to him first. And at the end he concluded with the quote I gave in my original post.

Well, at least I see now it's not just me and my limited astrology knowledge not being able to make sense out of it. :)

gimzo23

Astrologer4U said:
From my understanding, the guys theory is a bit contradicting. From the above, he seems to be advocating Zero as the starting point. If Zero represents the next sign, that means the previous sign is over. In the long example that I gave. Earth, Air, Fire, Water=4... Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable=3.

3 dualitys x 4 elements =12

Mutable represents the end of one cycle when you go from the first house moving around. Aries cardinal, Taurus fixed, Gemini mutable and Cancer begins the cycle over at Cardinal. Hence All beginning signs are Cardinal and all ending signs are mutable.

From the theory this guy gives representing Leo at 29 degrees, that leaves a fixed sign representing the end which according to Astrology is in accurate.

If you start properly with Zero as the starting point, Virgo becomes the 29th degree.

Maybe you should email this person because I think he is on to something but there is a slight flaw he seems to have over looked.

Yeah, maybe I'll email him some time. It's not that big of an issue. But it's kinda interesting nonetheless and yeah who knows, maybe he is on to something.

natasa812

We have already discussed his theory (partialy) on this Forum, here is my post translated (for the 18o degree - the dangerous one).
Here is the ling for the Thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14030

And here is my translation:

The secret of the 18o degree (by Nikola Stojanovic, Serbian astrologer)

The Sun eclipse happens at the 18o degree at Leon and the ruler of the Leon is Sun

The man who made the atomic bomb (Openheimer 22.04.1904., 20:00, EST 73W57, 40N45) has his AC at 18o degree Scorpio, the cup of the 8o house (death) at 18o degree Twins.
The man who made the decision to use for the first time in the history of the man kind so powerful weapon (American president Harry Truman 08.05.1884., 16:17, CST, 94W16, 37N30) has his Sun (decision) at 18o degree of Taurus.
The date of the explosion was 06.08.1945. 08:16:40 AM, JST 132E27, 34N24). AC of this event was at the 18o degree Virgo and at the 18o degree Cancer were Moon and Saturn.

The ``ruler from the shadow`` David Rockefeller (12.06.1915., 00:12 AM, EST, 73W57, 40N45) has his AC at the 18o degree Pisces (shadow).

The ``Angel of death`` or ``Dr Satan`` - Dr. Mengele (16.03.1911., 11:44 AM, CET, 10E16, 48N27) has his Neptune, the ruler of his Sun, at Pisces, at 18o degree of Cancer.

Charles Manson, also called the ``murderer Satan`` (16.03.1911., 11:44 AM, CET, 10E16, 48N27) murderer of the famous actress Sharon Teit – the wife of the famous director Polanski, has the Venus – the ruler of his AC at 18o degree Scorpio and his 6o house begins at 18o degree Virgo.

Leopold the II (09.04.1835., 22:22, LMT 04E20, 50N50) the Belgian king (1869-1909) who was known as the most barbarous colonizer in Africa (Congo), was personally responsible for mass killings of the local people: he used to ``hunt`` their children, cut the parts of the body of his servants and he killed his mistresses just for not liking their hair cut. The ruler of his AC, is Mars and is at the 18. degree of Cancer.

Now, the main character from the film ``Silence of the lambs`` existed. His name was Edward Gain (borne 27.08.1906., 23:16, CST, 91W14, 43N48). His house was full of ``souvenirs`` just like in the movie, his mother was very dominant forbidding him to see a girl or to have normal personal life, after her death, he went to live at a farm where he studded anatomy books and ``collected`` everything that the character in the film above did. At the year 1954 he committed his firs crime and the second one at the 16. of November 1957. His AC was at 18. degree of Twins and Venus (love, woman) at 18 degree of Libra at his 5. house.

Those are some of examples about the aspects and planets at the 18. degree which is (by the astrologer above) a ``dangerous one`` because the Sun eclipse happens at the 18o degree at Leon and the ruler of the Leon is Sun, so, when there is no Sun, the dark comes at have its chance to perform.
I only translated the text, there are more articles about the 2. and the 5. degree (which are also important), but those are for another post (and I don’t have much time at the moment).

VERY IMPORTANT:
THIS IS HIS OPINION AND I TRANSLATED THE TEXT. MY KNOWLEDGE IS QUITE RESTRICTED TO SUPPORT THIS OR ANY OTHER THEORY.
Natasa

Now, for today`s post, if you need any more information, I can translate it from Serbian in to English and post it but I think also that something is ``missing`` in this theory since if everything is a ``circle``, at the end, we can not stop at Leo or Libra and ``cut`` it in this way. Nature is perfect and it contains integrity. Also, every number in mathematics is not just a point - like a dot. It is ``space`` - like from 0.........to 1. Dots between 0 and 1 are that space.
If all of you people think that he does not have his theory completed yet, maybe he does not indeed.
Best regards
Natasa

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It all makes sense and seems to work..........until we get to the 0 = Next Sign......when my head spins

Heh, seriously. It doesn't make sense for him to say that 0° is just "the next sign" and then say "The first degree of a sign is likened to Aries". The 0° is the first degree, just because we don't have it labeled as 1° anymore doesn't change that.

I can't say I'm too hip on his theory. It's soaking with sign-house relationships and just continues to further divide the Zodiac, this time in a manner that isn't even complete with it just ending all of the sudden at Leo and picking up again at Aries. We have Terms and Faces for this kind of stuff, even Dwads if you wanted to get into those.

gimzo23

EJ53 said:

Yeah that made sense to me, too, Scorpio as the 8th sign relating to the 8th degree and so forth. But it leaves the 0° up in the air with no sign being attached to it, since he starts with his first Aries degree at 1'00-1'59. I don't quite get how he means that it's supposed to end or go on after the 29th Leo degree either.

gimzo23

natasa812 said:
Now, for today`s post, if you need any more information, I can translate it from Serbian in to English and post it but I think also that something is ``missing`` in this theory since if everything is a ``circle``, at the end, we can not stop at Leo or Libra and ``cut`` it in this way. Nature is perfect and it contains integrity. Also, every number in mathematics is not just a point - like a dot. It is ``space`` - like from 0.........to 1. Dots between 0 and 1 are that space.
If all of you people think that he does not have his theory completed yet, maybe he does not indeed.
Best regards
Natasa

Thanks Natasa. I think I'll try sending him an email with my question about it and ask for his permission to post his answer in this thread here, as others seem to be interested in this as well.