When compatible moons/personal planets work out in theory but not in practice

Praymantus

Okay so I didn't really know what forum to discuss this in, so if this is considered a bs topic feel free to do whatever with this thread.

Anyway, when it comes to synastry I keep seeing that moons need to be compatible in element or sign and that fire + air are great together.

I haven't found this to be particularly true. My moon is in Aries in the last degree, so my best matches are supposed to be Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, or Aquarius moon. While I have liked other fire moons on a general rather than a deep level, I can't say the same for air moons.

I have known a few people with Aquarius moon and we honestly clash... I find I am "too much" for them to deal with. It could also be that I have sun, mercury and venus in Leo. The same could be said about Gemini moons even though I'd pick them over Aquarius. Still, there's like a world of difference with how we express ourselves and I can't really see it work on personal level. I find I attract water placements and occasional earth WAY more than "compatible" fire and air.

Anyway, has anyone had a similar experience or maybe even you prefer your compatible element?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Anyway, when it comes to synastry I keep seeing that moons need to be compatible in element or sign and that fire + air are great together...<...>

I haven't found this to be particularly true...<...>

Anyway, has anyone had a similar experience or maybe even you prefer your compatible element?

It would matter as much if not more as to the aspects between the Moons, rather than their element.
If they sextile, it's good, like Aries and Gemini. If they oppose, like Gemini and Sagittarius, it's not so good. If they are inconjunct in the traditional sense, either one or five signs apart, then it's a real challenge, takes time but is workable.
So it is not so much the elements for compatibility as it is the aspects, and of course, reception (check it out on Skyscript) between their signs. These are the key considerations for examining compatibility.

Praymantus

Thanks Ilene for your contribution.

I am aware that aspects matter, so I guess I will keep an eye out for closer aspects to my Moon. I wasn't actually overlooking that but I have read that some astrologers even consider compatible elements/signs in planets even when there isn't an aspect, although I know an aspect is more important and is more telling if there is a connection.

I wonder about out of sign aspects. I have them natally and have had them in synastry.

Last edited: