In Traditional Astrology are "Midpoints" used?

serafin5

Please forgive me Traditional Astrologers while I am not new to astrology I am still learning Traditional methods and I am wondering if "Midpoints" are used here? I did try a search before starting a thread with no results.

Thanks guys!
S5

JUPITERASC

Please forgive me Traditional Astrologers while I am not new to astrology I am still learning Traditional methods and I am wondering if "Midpoints" are used here? I did try a search before starting a thread with no results.

Thanks guys!
S5
dr. farr is likely to have a more definitive answer, however I can mention that dr. farr did say on another thread as follows: :smile:
But remember that Traditional
(including Hellenist)
astrology has also provided important material
which, having been forgotten (or abandoned) during the Renaissance/Reformation period,
were taken up again by various Modernist authorities
(and seem, by the way, to continue to be largely neglected still by most of the neo-Traditionalist and neo-Hellenist advocates and practitioners)

For example:
- The tragic Alfred Witte brought back the mid-point concept dating at least to Guido Bonatti;

Ebertin further developed the mid-point concept and methodology

Today is founded upon Yesterday:

no question that Modernist astrology is founded upon oldtime astrology,

but also no question that Modernist astrology has revived valuable oldtime astrological concepts and techniques,
which had become lost and forgotten

serafin5

dr. farr is likely to have a more definitive answer, however I can mention that dr. farr did say on another thread as follows: :smile:

Thanks JupiterAsc, but is that a yes we do use midpoints? Are they indeed helpful in Traditional Natal chart interpretation?:biggrin:

S5

JUPITERASC

I read that Sahl, a Persian astrologer, wrote about midpoints.
I have Benjamin Dykes translation of SAHL, and would appreciate a page reference, many thanks :smile:
Thanks JupiterAsc, but is that a yes we do use midpoints? Are they indeed helpful in Traditional Natal chart interpretation?:biggrin:

S5
When delineated in the manner originally intended and as described by ancient texts serafin5
- i.e. within the context of traditional delineation

shall check out Sahl in the meantime, asap

- there are 531 pages and Larxene provided no page reference

Larxene

Unfortunately I do not have the book. I have only read in a forum about a person mentioning it in reference to Sahl's work.

It is not a well known technique, serafin5. Check out Wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midpoint_(astrology).