What placements indicate travel in a solar return chart?

1nluv

What placements or aspects in the solar return chart indicate that someone will be traveling long-distance or overseas at some point during the year? Does anyone know?

1nluv

Are there any planets in the 9th house?

No, not for the upcoming year in question. Looking back to returns since 2011 though, it doesn't seem to be a reliable indication. Person has had one planet and sometimes two in the 9th house every year since 2011, yet had only done any significant travel during one of those years. She's not a teacher and doesn't regularly partake in any other 9th house activities that come to mind.

Last edited:

Isa

I had a stellium of very good planets in the 9th house last year and I didnt travel anywhere. What I did was start working in an english speaking project (thats not my first languahe) and that was it. Such a disappointment, but I've learned with time that SR does not indicate big events.

sea_of_qi

I had a stellium of very good planets in the 9th house last year and I didnt travel anywhere. What I did was start working in an english speaking project (thats not my first languahe) and that was it. Such a disappointment, but I've learned with time that SR does not indicate big events.

Actually the SR can very useful and accurate but it cannot predict something that is not promised in the Natal. It is also not a stand alone predictor. Like transits it should be interpreted through the activation of Various Time Lords (Ruling Planets of the time in question) and other timing techniques like Profections and Primary Directions.

waybread

The 9th house also rules higher education, religion, philosophy, law and great literature.

The 3rd rules short-distance travel.

But you might also look at the situation of Jupiter, as well as the planetary ruler of the sign on the cusp of the 9th house.

Please keep in mind that the solar return is really just a snapshot of the sky on your birthday. It doesn't show transits that will occur later in the year. Annually, the sun, Mercury, and Venus will transit our 9th houses, and the moon will transit it every month. Mars will transit it every two years.

Then I don't take such a fatalistic view towards astrology, such that a solar return chart dictates people's travel in a yes-or-no fashion.