Can I afford a new car

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks,
I was asked this question today by a person, female. She is concerned that her existing car is using too much petrol. She is employed at present, but would have to take out a small loan to buy a new car..As economic stability is uncertain in this country at least, I think it is wise to check with a horary chart prior to signing up.
Chart drawn 27 june 2008
Time: 13:16:29
Lat:33.42S
Long:150:23E
10hrs E. (no DST)
6.53 Scorpio rising.

In the chart, the querent is ruled by Mars, 6.53 deg scorpio on asc.Mars is in h11, her hopes and wishes in the house ruled by the sun.Mars applies to conjunct a malefic, saturn, ruler of her third fourth and fifth houses.
Before mars conjuncts saturn, it will change signs to more frugal virgo.
The moon is in mars sign-the querent wants to take action.
The querent's second house of finances is ruled by retrograde and not so jolly old jupiter...The moon will square jupiter in 5 *somethings*-weeks?

The loan would be ruled by house 8 cusp- so mercury, and mercury is there.Soon mars will enter mercury's sign...*apply for the loan*? Fortuna is sextile to mercury from her tenth..and the moon will sextile mercury so it looks like no problem getting the loan.
Jupiter - the ruler of her finances, appears to be peregrine.
Mars and jupiter make no aspect, but her job, h10 cusp is ruled by the moon and the moon is in mars' sign..
I am thinking that the moon's impending square to jupiter indicates she may proceed with a purchase, but maybe a car of lesser value, when mars changes signs.
Any ideas?

Any input appreciated.
Cheers, lillyjgc

Last edited:

archergirl

Hi Lillyjgc,

I would agree with your reading. Her finances themselves are in pretty dire shape, it looks like; can she afford to buy a car? Not on her own!:p

The loan (which she will probably apply for, as you say) is in much better shape; I would actually worry a little bit about a steep interest rate (Mercury has more dignity than any other planet in this chart; so it can make its own terms), especially since the Moon is in the 6th of 'hard bloody work'. She might have to jump through more hoops than she imagines, although I also agree that with the imminent sextile, she'll get the loan. Perhaps the 6th then signifies that she'll have to work a little bit harder to make the payments?

Interesting, though, that both Mercury and the Moon aspect POF.

My 2p worth!
AG:)

lillyjgc

Hi, Thanks Archergirl. The querent is a nurse...so house six does fit.As things stand she can afford to pay a small loan and insists that the money she will save by having a smaller car (less fuel) will help with the repayments. Her existing very large family car is redundant as her family has grown up,and should be worth a fair bit for a trade in, but if she was to lose her job (unlikely, but possible) she would find loan repayments very difficult.
Her sixth is ruled by jupiter, so her money and her job are very tied up together.
Perhaps the 6th then signifies that she'll have to work a little bit harder to make the payments?
Yes, she may have to take up an extra shift to cover the loan...
Thanks Ag...
Cheers. Lillyjgc

lillyjgc

Just updating here:
Yes the querent did buy a car and is so far managing to meet the repayments-She did accept an additional shift to cover it.
Cheers
Lilly

Moradiva

Hey Lilly - thanks for updating. I asked a similar question last week & was wondering do I take 3rd as current car & 5th for next car? (3 from house 3, like how you would with new place to live, house 4 to house 7.)