Will Prime Minister Rudd retain leadership

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
News in Australia has just announced that at 9 am tomorrow, there will be a secret caucas ballot between the encumbent Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd and his Deputy, Julia Gilliard.Reports are that Ms Gillard did not voluntarily initiate the challenge, but rather it resulted from factional pressure from within the Labour Party.
I ask the question, will Kevin Rudd retain his leadership?

ofyjdf.gif

lillyjgc

First thing I notice is that Kevin is ruled by Jupiter which is strongly placed in his first house, but within orb of opposition to Saturn, ruler of his 12th house of hidden enemies. Saturn is in the house that represents Julia Gillard, his Mercurial opponent, whose significator is also very strongly placed in h4-the outcome.

In 4 units of time, the moon will trine his ruler, but it will have to leave Mars's sign to do so.
Rudd's dispositor is Mars, as Jupiter is in Aries. Mars is in his sixth house in Mercury's sign.

Mercury, Gillard, is combust the sun in h4. Even though strong by sign and house, this combustion involves her turned 12th house with leo on its cusp.

The moon and Mercury are inconjunct so we can say perhaps that Gillard gets no help from the moon, or from the sun, which is burning her significator.

I'd say there's a chance that Rudd will retain his position at this vote.Jupiter's close proximity to Uranus does exactly describe the suddeness of this challenge, although the Media has had him under attack for quite some time.
What do you guys think?
Lilly

lillyjgc

Okay-Rudd stood down and Julia Gillard was elected to the Prime minister's position by the Caucus.
I'll come back later and re-do the chart-when I recover from the shock element of all this!
Cheers
Lilly

07.Re

Okay-Rudd stood down and Julia Gillard was elected to the Prime minister's position by the Caucus.
I'll come back later and re-do the chart-when I recover from the shock element of all this!
Cheers
Lilly

Lilly I'd like to have a look at Julias natal chart with transits. I'm at work but will do some research later on.

DiDi

I cant believe it .. what a shock for all this to happen and over night also...

They say its the young caucus that they are nervious and immature to politics. I for one am very upset that this man has done so much for us in the short time in office. The caucus think about themselves and rudd thinks about his country people.. what a shame.

Iam a fan of julia however, she will be great at the job. she said she was not seeing eye to eye with rudd of a few issues so admitting there was contradiction within the government but yet she said she didnt ask for the taking over??

Mercury, Gillard, is combust the sun in h4. Even though strong by sign and house, this combustion involves her turned 12th house with leo on its cusp

lilly could julia gillard being combust just mean she might be being used in all this? or do you think her 12th ruler sun had just passed her ruler mercury showing she knew what was going on the whole time? there were snippets of media asking her if she wanted the top job reciently.

julias 12 house ruler (sun has just passed her) showing something she was not aware of comming to surface.
rudds ruler jupiter just pasted uranus (sudden upheaval) which we knew of.
moon next move is to saturn, rudds 12th (behind scenes) and julias co-sig... could that aspect have told us she would be getting the top position?

I was going to ask if we should be looking at the mc for both of them? but no point as they have the same rulers to themselves..

Last edited:

BobZemco

Bonatti would say that Rudd is the incumbent.

Rudd is Mercury in the 4th House. Even though Mercury is double dignified (in sign and angular), Mercury is combust and stripped of its power, just like Rudd.

Rudd's opponent is the 10th House, ruled by Jupiter. Note that Saturn in the 7th is in hard square to Mercury, and Saturn rules the 12th House of Separation and Sorrow.

Remember, Jupiter rules two houses, Sagittarius by day (masculine), and Pisces by night (feminine).

This is a nocturnal chart (Sun in 4th), so Jupiter is female, double dignified (in sign and angular).

Another telling sign (no pun intended) is that the 5th House is the House of Kingship. Cancer is on the Cusp of the 5th ruled by the Moon in the 9th in a late degree and getting ready to change signs in the 9th.

The 9th House is Rudd's 6th House. His 10th is the 1st with Jupiter in opposition to Saturn.

Again, this is a nocturnal chart, so Saturn is a female, and Saturn is in sextile to the Moon.

You said Julliard would play by the rules, well that's Saturn in Virgo.

DiDi

that was a great reading bob.... felt so sad for him thou sitting in the house with washed out eyes.. what a last 24 house he had to endure.

lillyjgc

Yes, a good reading Bob. I agree you are right about the significators.I am now seeing the sun as being the cause of merc's major affliction-combustion. The sun here rules H6.
I also notice that the sun will square jupiter VERY SOON in this chart, which may not be great news for Julia Gillard.
Didi, Yes I do think Gillard has been *used*/manipulated by other right wing labour bully boys, acting out of fear that Rudd would lose the election.I suspect she has underestimated the power of public opinion, as few people I have spoken to today condone what she has gone along with. It could COST labour the next election.That's what the Polls are indicating.
Cheers
Lilly

DiDi

oh wow... I have actually enjoyed julia Gillard,s way she talks and handles people and think she will be a great pm... Poor julia I hope people are kind to her, she is a good person. However poor mr rudd who didnt deserve to be stabbed in the back by the people that put him in their in the first place... No mp should ever been treated like that,
the only true comment abbot has ever allowed to come out of his mouth!

And this could very well be the end of labours term and the very thing the party was trying to avoid.. god save us all if libral win... and let a 50,s women should be kept pregnant and tied to the kitchen sink ignorant man get in.