Playlist of the Week(music)

piercethevale

They are so good at anti political ****!

Really? You don't like any punk?

Okay then, for you piercethevale, apolitical blues!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mg9Fq5hnM

Littlefeat? One of my favorite bands...with or without, Lowell George...but better when He was.

It's not that I dislike punk, as a whole, just the majority of what I've heard.
It's been said, and written the The Kinks are the original Punk Rock band, I agree to a certain extent... but, then again, the same might be said of the Rolling Stones soon afterward, and even Blue Cheer, as for an American band.

Iggy Pop aka "The Godfather of Punk" has done some good stuff, and if possibly you are unaware... Michael Erlewine early pioneer in the field of astrological software and astrologer, himself, was once a member of Iggy's group "The Stooges", I believe, but definitely one of the groups Iggy played with if not them.

Lou Reed could definitely be said to have been "punk at times and, so too, Jonathon Richman....and I just love John Cale's own rendition of Pablo Picasso... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSbLwAy5BQ

Opal

Premium Member
Littlefeat? One of my favorite bands...with or without, Lowell George...but better when He was.

It's not that I dislike punk, as a whole, just the majority of what I've heard.
It's been said, and written the The Kinks are the original Punk Rock band, I agree to a certain extent... but, then again, the same might be said of the Rolling Stones soon afterward, and even Blue Cheer, as for an American band.

Iggy Pop aka "The Godfather of Punk" has done some good stuff, and if possibly you are unaware... Michael Erlewine early pioneer in the field of astrological software and astrologer, himself, was once a member of Iggy's group "The Stooges", I believe, but definitely one of the groups Iggy played with if not them.

Lou Reed could definitely be said to have been "punk at times and, so too, Jonathon Richman....and I just love John Cale's own rendition of Pablo Picasso... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSbLwAy5BQ

Sounds, like you don't like the hard core punk. Understandable, it wasn't about musicality.

Little Feat is probably my favorite band. Ever. I just recently found Lowell's solo album on CD that he put out within a month of his heart attack death. He was on tour when he died, apparently eating lots of greasy pizza.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_upon_the_Suwannee_River

This is a fabulous remake, live of a lot of their stuff. If you like them you will like this. Can't find any links to it on youtube, you might need to own it though.

leomoon

For today's era of Covid 19 : Especially those like me who use to enjoy the restaurants as a weekly activity, often twice a week:
There are large Buffets, Chinese and American ones partially started, almost finished, now put on hold. Many will just go belly up who we use to enjoy.

Big Yellow Taxi

Joni Mitchell

They pave paradise, they put up a parking lot
A pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot spot
Don't it always go to show
You never know what you got till it's gone?

They paved paradise, they put up a parking lot.
They took all the trees, they put them in a tree museum
They charged the people a dollar and a half just to see them
Hey farmer, farmer, put away the D.D.T
Give me spots on my apples but leave the birds and the bees, please

Late last night I heard my screen door slam
A big yellow bulldozer took away the house and land

What is Big Yellow Taxi about?

Big Yellow Taxi is about how people take things for granted, and how you then miss them when they are gone. The song is about how people forget about the beauty of the environment and all it has to offer us by covering it in concrete and putting large un-necessary buildings on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
For today's era of Covid 19 : Especially those like me who use to enjoy the restaurants as a weekly activity, often twice a week:
There are large Buffets, Chinese and American ones partially started, almost finished, now put on hold. Many will just go belly up who we use to enjoy.

Big Yellow Taxi

Joni Mitchell

They pave paradise, they put up a parking lot
A pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot spot

They took all the trees, they put them in a tree museum
They charged the people a dollar and a half just to see them
Hey farmer, farmer, put away the D.D.T
Give me spots on my apples but leave the birds and the bees, please

Late last night I heard my screen door slam
A big yellow bulldozer took away the house and land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=GFB-d-8_bvY&feature=emb_logo

I think she is from Saskatchewan.

Have you been to Canada?

She has a jazz album that is fabulous too!

leomoon

No I haven't Opal, but my grandmother was born in Quebec, and we still have family there I"m sure.

I liked best, Joni Mitchell's other big hit - Its all about perspective of life for some of us I suppose. Reminds me of Buddha's sayings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=4NdsnFZm0X4&feature=emb_logo

Both Sides Now

Joni Mitchell, Bo Stief, Bobo Moreno, Ole Kock Hansen

Rows and floes of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud,
To say, "I love you," right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

From up and down, and still somehow

piercethevale

Sounds, like you don't like the hard core punk. Understandable, it wasn't about musicality.

Little Feat is probably my favorite band. Ever. I just recently found Lowell's solo album on CD that he put out within a month of his heart attack death. He was on tour when he died, apparently eating lots of greasy pizza.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_upon_the_Suwannee_River

This is a fabulous remake, live of a lot of their stuff. If you like them you will like this. Can't find any links to it on youtube, you might need to own it though.

I have to admit that I haven't followed the band much since the early '90's, but then again, I don't follow much of anything that I once did.

It's mainly due to the reason that I haven't been afforded much luxury for many years, presently.
I appreciate the info and recommendation.

I would've liked to have been there for this one... for sure.
Live at Bonnaroo, Little Feat ~ "Honest Man" ...it has some glitches in the recording but it's so good that I can ignore them... it is that good.

Ms. Shaun Murphy sings, ... yet, I'd be willing to wager that you have heard this before, possibly you might have even been there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qoRsS5H9xI

piercethevale

No I haven't Opal, but my grandmother was born in Quebec, and we still have family there I"m sure.

I liked best, Joni Mitchell's other big hit - Its all about perspective of life for some of us I suppose. Reminds me of Buddha's sayings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=4NdsnFZm0X4&feature=emb_logo

Both Sides Now

Joni Mitchell, Bo Stief, Bobo Moreno, Ole Kock Hansen

Rows and floes of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud,
To say, "I love you," right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

From win and lose and still somehow

From up and down, and still somehow

There will never be another like Joni.

One of my closest friends in high school was obsessed with trying to meet her back in the early '70's... even going so far as to drive up and down Laurel Canyon Blvd. hoping to spot her at some point. "Folly of youth" stuff.

I heard that she was in poor health awhile back, that she had a stroke and also was diagnosed with the strange, and rather rare, Morgellons disease and I haven't heard anything since then.

As it is such a rare malady, that so few have even heard of, and fewer yet that know anything about it, I thought it best to share what one website i.e. mdlinx.com, has available as to what the symptoms are and as to what, presently, is believed that it is caused by. As the article also is about Joni's battle with the malady you might care to read the entirety of it?
I learned something new from reading it myself and I am a bit stunned, and find it to be upsetting too, that the majority of the known cases worldwide are here in California.

...from the article... copied and pasted, herewith....

"Clinicians have varying attitudes towards Morgellons disease. Some do not acknowledge it as a disease, while others believe it is a specific condition that needs to be confirmed by solid research. Still others believe that its signs and symptoms are caused by another condition, such as mental illness.

According to the CDC, the signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease, or MD, are “very similar to those of a mental illness involving false beliefs and infestation by parasites (delusional parasitosis).” CDC researchers have concluded, after studying samples of skin, blood, urine, and hair, that Morgellons disease is not caused by infection or parasites.

Other researchers have suggested a link between Morgellons disease and infection with Borrelia spirochetes. According to a review published in 2016 in the International Journal of General Medicine, “Spirochetes genetically identified as Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto predominate as the infective agent in most of the Morgellons skin specimens studied so far. Other species of Borrelia including Borrelia garinii, Borrelia miyamotoi, and Borrelia hermsii have also been detected in skin specimens taken from MD patients.”

Signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease include:

Skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching;
Crawling sensations on and under the skin, similar to insects moving, stinging or biting;
Fibers, threads or black stringy materials in and on the skin;
Severe fatigue;
Aerobic limitation; and
CNS symptoms, including cognitive dysfunction, emotional changes, brain fog, difficulty concentrating, and short-term memory loss
Today, there are more than 10,000 known cases of Morgellons disease in the world, most of them situated in the United States. Also known is that Morgellons occurs most often in middle-aged white women. A large cluster of patients reside in California, and according to Morgellons.org, “Although California represents 12% of the US population, 26% of all who have registered with the Morgellons Research Foundation reside in California.” Researchers have not yet discovered why.

Unfortunately for Joni Mitchell and thousands of others, the effects of Morgellons disease are debilitating, no matter the cause.
"

the link to the article: https://www.mdlinx.com/dermatology/article/1178
:sad:

leomoon

Thanks for the information Pierce the Vale! about Joni Mitchell's health :(

Actually I was curious myself about Joni Mitchell's health issues, mainly because of a daughter she had given up at birth, (the girl was adopted into a good family), but eventually tracked Joni down in California, and I think moved in with her....

The "Hi, I'm your daughter, and you are my mom" thing didn't last long or well. From all I read, it ended rather poorly, and Joni M. called the police a few times.

Background: https://jonimitchell.com/library/view.cfm?id=82

I don't think they (the adopted daughter and Joni Mitchell are currently in touch) last I read. The relationship became acrimonious.

I didn't know however it was that rare disease she had. I know she has a woman who is her caretaker now and she says she is doing quite well last I read.

Considering all of this background I even looked at her natal at the time - I think she is a Scorpio Sun - (its been awhile since I last checked)::crying:

Joni and her new found daughter (short lived reunion) with Lauren Gibb:

https://fathersforlife.org/php/Joni_Mitchell.htm

In 2015, (at age 71) she was found unconscious, but "came back" and regained with the caretaker's help:
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joni-mitchell-hospitalized-condition-unknown/story?id=30039930

Last edited:

piercethevale

Thanks for the information Pierce the Vale! about Joni Mitchell's health :(

Actually I was curious myself about Joni Mitchell's health issues, mainly because of a daughter she had given up at birth, (the girl was adopted into a good family), but eventually tracked Joni down in California, and I think moved in with her....

The "Hi, I'm your daughter, and you are my mom" thing didn't last long or well. From all I read, it ended rather poorly, and Joni M. called the police a few times.

Background: https://jonimitchell.com/library/view.cfm?id=82

I don't think they (the adopted daughter and Joni Mitchell are currently in touch) last I read. The relationship became acrimonious.

I didn't know however it was that rare disease she had. I know she has a woman who is her caretaker now and she says she is doing quite well last I read.

Considering all of this background I even looked at her natal at the time - I think she is a Scorpio Sun - (its been awhile since I last checked)::crying:

Joni and her new found daughter (short lived reunion) with Lauren Gibb:

https://fathersforlife.org/php/Joni_Mitchell.htm

In 2015, (at age 71) she was found unconscious, but "came back" and regained with the caretaker's help:
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joni-mitchell-hospitalized-condition-unknown/story?id=30039930

I heard from a few sources that there is speculation, at least, that the Morgellons symptoms are caused by the chemtrails that we're being subjected to.
Those claims, or speculations were all being denounced by people that claimed chemtrails don't even exist. as I recall. That was sometime ago, though, back in time as to before when member Mod Cleopatra was banned from the forum as I seem to recall she had written and complained of similar symptoms that she said she had, or it may have been that she wrote of someone she knew that had those symptoms...one or the other?

Last I heard no one is admitting chemtrails actually exist... despite the evidence to the contrary and i've seen photos of drones creating them, not military jets or commercial aircraft, but drones. But as to the authenticity of the photos, or if they were altered in some way I wouldn't know.

As to Joni and her adopted daughter, I can only say that adopted children shouldn't always go looking for their biological parent, or parents. I've seen what happens, first hand. Someone related to me had a daughter they were unaware of that came looking for her father forty two years after she was born. It didn't go well.

If they insist on trying then they should use a moderator. That's how it is supposed to be done, legally. It was made law that adopted children had the right and could request to have that just weeks before that relative of mine was contacted and the moderator ******* it up. She called a phone number that she believed to be that of the man named as the father on the birth certificate, and it turned out that she was correct, but it was his wife that answered the phone, and rather than call back at another time, she asked his wife if He had been in a certain area of the country during a certain time years ago, etc. which his wife did know in fact that He was. He was in the Navy and stationed there for awhile at exactly the time that was asked about. The wife was an intelligent woman, she figured out what the phone call was about rather quickly. She didn't need to know about anything that had to do with that especially since He didn't even know of it...his wife got to learn of the pregnancy and birth before He did. He had shipped out before the mother even knew of her own pregnancy. IHe apparently never expected to see the woman again... sailors on leave, you know?

it upset what had been a very good, and harmonious, marriage prior to that. The moderator was just a little too pleased with themselves as to tracking him down and way too anxious to set the meeting up.