Does having Venus in Pisces make a person weak?

sibylline

I'm saying that my Venus is afflicted because I have Venus square Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. But having Venus in the 8th house I've read that this means I could marry someone who has money and gain an inheritance. But because of the afflicted Venus this may no longer apply to me.

My view is that the Venus squares to Saturn and Neptune are not super important, and the Neptune square is not valid at 9 degrees and out of sign. I don't understand why astro com includes these wide out of sign aspects which only muddle the picture.

The square to Uranus, at 2 degrees of separation, is not only valid but very important and yes, the Venus is afflicted with no relieving aspects.

ChildOfVenus

Yes this is what someone else told me on here before. That I needed to really pay attention to the Venus square Uranus aspect. Since the orb was so close and that the aspect to Saturn and Neptune weren't that important. So since my Venus is afflicted that means I may not get an inheritance though marriage. That's if I decide to get married.
My view is that the Venus squares to Saturn and Neptune are not super important, and the Neptune square is not valid at 9 degrees and out of sign. I don't understand why astro com includes these wide out of sign aspects which only muddle the picture.

The square to Uranus, at 2 degrees of separation, is not only valid but very important and yes, the Venus is afflicted with no relieving aspects.

sibylline

I understand but most people don't love the way we do. So it just ends up being us doing all the loving. I wonder if the people really appreciate us though I mean after it's all said and done. And when we get fed up and no longer show that person love do they ever think that wow this person really cared.

My experience with this is that other Pisces placements love similarly, it's not only ViP. There are also plenty of Neptunians out there.

---

Anyway, I don't relate to the ViP as rose-coloured glasses, escapist, etc, and never have I seen being taken advantage of as making life easier. I think that is a more Neptunian reading of Pisces and I don't much relate to Neptune as it is obscurely placed in my chart with no dynamic aspects. I've always seen people very clearly, I just don't pick on what are essentially minor issues, as say, Virgo Venus (or any placement in Virgo) tends to. This is Jupiterian -- seeing the bigger picture. From the outside looking in this might appear as long-suffering or self-sacrificing but if something is truly not a problem then there is no sacrifice involved. Obviously behavior which is actually harmful will not be tolerated.

Last edited:

david starling

My experience with this is that other Pisces placements love similarly, it's not only ViP. There are also plenty of Neptunians out there.

---

Anyway, I don't relate to the ViP as rose-coloured glasses, escapist, etc, and never having I seen being taken advantage of as making life easier. I think that is a more Neptunian reading of Pisces and I don't much relate to Neptune as it is obscurely placed in my chart with no dynamic aspects. I've always seen people very clearly, I just don't pick on what are essentially minor issues, as say, Virgo Venus (or any placement in Virgo) tends to. This is Jupiterian -- seeing the bigger picture. From the outside looking in this might appear as long-suffering or self-sacrificing but if something is truly not a problem then there is no sacrifice involved. Obviously actual behavior which is actually harmful will not be tolerated.

Mind over Matter--If you don't Mind, it doesn't Matter! :biggrin:

ChildOfVenus

Ok but I have Neptune in my 5th house and it squares my Mercury. Yet I don't really know if it does anything to me in regards to relationships. Like not seeing people clearly I feel that I do but that I sometimes just overlook things. If anything I guess it might make me feel infatuated with people. I have a trine from Mercury to Saturn so that could be why and this probably helps. I don't really think I idolize people either.

---

Anyway, I don't relate to the ViP as rose-coloured glasses, escapist, etc, and never have I seen being taken advantage of as making life easier. I think that is a more Neptunian reading of Pisces and I don't much relate to Neptune as it is obscurely placed in my chart with no dynamic aspects. I've always seen people very clearly, I just don't pick on what are essentially minor issues, as say, Virgo Venus (or any placement in Virgo) tends to. This is Jupiterian -- seeing the bigger picture. From the outside looking in this might appear as long-suffering or self-sacrificing but if something is truly not a problem then there is no sacrifice involved. Obviously behavior which is actually harmful will not be tolerated.

Abby83

I understand but most people don't love the way we do. So it just ends up being us doing all the loving. I wonder if the people really appreciate us though I mean after it's all said and done. And when we get fed up and no longer show that person love do they ever think that wow this person really cared.

I hate to say it but this is the unfortunate side of the love love love. People are different, and there are loads of ppl out there who don't care at all and will laugh at your ability to love anyone. Those very same ppl who don't appreciate it tend to do very well with ppl who set clear boundaries from the start and are more emotionally detached. Ppl are all different and it's about finding the right partner for you.

PS, Jupiter in 8th house is very lucky for receiving income from others.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Venus square Neptune is 9° wide and an out-of-sign square, Neptune is in Capricorn which is basically compatible with Pisces -the signs are sextile. I don't think I would count it.
Horus, your knowledge of Astrology is commendable.
I would, however, not take into consideration the sign of an outer planet, such as Neptune here. Neptune, completely regardless of its sign, when squaring a personal planet, will colour the energy of that personal planet. You are right, though, that the orb needs to be looked at when looking at how deep that colour (influence) will be. The tighter the orb of an aspect, the more the influence of the outer planet on the personal planet.

Holist

I have Venus in Pisces and I see its pros and cons. Like Venus in Libra, I feel that Venus in Pisces has sort of an Aphrodite vibe to it. She is congenial, sensitive, loving, perhaps a bit idealistic. Everyone wants to give to her, everyone is attracted by her beauty, unconditional love and pleasant outlook, even the nutcases and abusers. The cons of Venus in Pisces are letting idealism get in the way of practicality, and loving people who are harmful to you. I have let myself fall in love with people with whom it would never realistically work, throwing all caution to the wind. I rearranged my life for love, believing that love was all the two of us needed. The truth is that sometimes love is not enough -- a very hard lesson for natives of this setup.

Venus in Pisces makes others open up to you fast -- it makes you more trusting of others because you always see their good side with your compassion, and it makes them more trusting of you. But it can be a burden to always know people's deep, hidden secrets. Narcissists will also use your good will to feel better about themselves, because our loving nature makes us natural apologists for bad behavior. Venus in Pisces makes you a receiver for everyone else's stuff, good or bad. It's not about shutting down your receptive ability, but learning to actively decide what you do and don't want to be around. You have a choice, it's not all just passive. We absorb stuff by proximity. Sometimes people talk to me to death about their problems, and sometimes I'm just in a negative environment and I can feel it. If you go into your body (Venus is also ruler of Taurus), you can learn to let your body guide your perceptions rather than your dream world. Your body never lies. If something is bad for you, your body will tell you.

If you don't learn boundaries, then a Venus in Pisces person easily forgets who they are when they're around other people. They become so mutable that they take on other people's qualities. That's the dissolving aspect of Pisces at work. I have learned that this trait can have pros and cons. Sometimes I want to take on admirable traits of others. The challenge is learning how to receive what you want and block what you don't. Over the years I have evolved as a person by being in close relation to really special people. Their gifts and talents passed on to me, and I felt their worlds so deeply that I felt like I was living them first hand. On the other hand, I've also merged with abusers, addicts, and messed up people whose point of view was corrupting and traumatizing. The gift of Venus in Pisces is that no matter what happens to you, you always find your way back to love. There is no shortage of people looking for love in the world, and the fact is that loving people are just nice to be around.

In my opinion Venus in Pisces is strong because love has a powerful healing force on all life when it is used with discernment. It's a soft power, it's a subtle power. People don't see it coming but they are deeply affected and transformed by it. Past lovers have told me that I sneaked into their heart where no one else could. We find people's rough edges and we mold ourselves to them lovingly. I am in the medical field and I find that this nature serves me well, without even trying. So while people might covet something like Mars in Scorpio because it fulfills societal standards of "strong", I think Venus in Pisces channels a sort of divine sacred feminine that all people need underneath their hard exterior.

Anyway, I could go on and on. I have analyzed my Venus for years. The worst time for me was when Neptune transited my Venus in recent years. I had such a hard time telling if relationships were good or bad for me. I fell hook, line and sinker for partners that burned me deeply in the end. The rose tinted glasses thing is a big problem with our setup. But I think in the long run I enjoy having the Venus that I do because of the power of spiritual love it brings to my world.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi Holist,

You have made some great points there. Yes, indeed, Venus in Pisces is quite idealistic and easily absorbs the energy around itself. It also cannot see people suffer, so it seldom tries to escape that energy. I have a Venus in Pisces and that too in the 7th, so tell me about it :p

The only thing I feel differently about is:
If you go into your body (Venus is also ruler of Taurus), you can learn to let your body guide your perceptions rather than your dream world.
Whilst Venus technically also rules Taurus and Taurus is all about practicality and, being an Earth sign, likes the touch and feel aspect, where you can actually let "your body guard your perceptions", Venus in Pisces is as far away from all that as a sign can be. Venus in Pisces is all about the soul and feeling without boundaries. In order for the native to be a little balance, it would need at least one of the lights in an Earth sign, or Saturn aspects.

Abby83

After reading these last two posts I thank god my husband has venus in pisces. He softens my rough edges and accepts me just as I am. It's lovely. He's so dreamy and gentle too. Mmm. A thing I like about venus in pisces and 12thhouse ppl is they will look after you when you're sick.

ChildOfVenus

Thanks for commenting this was really nice to read. What profession are you taking up in the Medical Field? I've been thinking about going into the Medical Field. Also you mentioned that you were burned by people. Have any of the bad people ever apologized or realized how good you were to them?
I have Venus in Pisces and I see its pros and cons. Like Venus in Libra, I feel that Venus in Pisces has sort of an Aphrodite vibe to it. She is congenial, sensitive, loving, perhaps a bit idealistic. Everyone wants to give to her, everyone is attracted by her beauty, unconditional love and pleasant outlook, even the nutcases and abusers. The cons of Venus in Pisces are letting idealism get in the way of practicality, and loving people who are harmful to you. I have let myself fall in love with people with whom it would never realistically work, throwing all caution to the wind. I rearranged my life for love, believing that love was all the two of us needed. The truth is that sometimes love is not enough -- a very hard lesson for natives of this setup.

Venus in Pisces makes others open up to you fast -- it makes you more trusting of others because you always see their good side with your compassion, and it makes them more trusting of you. But it can be a burden to always know people's deep, hidden secrets. Narcissists will also use your good will to feel better about themselves, because our loving nature makes us natural apologists for bad behavior. Venus in Pisces makes you a receiver for everyone else's stuff, good or bad. It's not about shutting down your receptive ability, but learning to actively decide what you do and don't want to be around. You have a choice, it's not all just passive. We absorb stuff by proximity. Sometimes people talk to me to death about their problems, and sometimes I'm just in a negative environment and I can feel it. If you go into your body (Venus is also ruler of Taurus), you can learn to let your body guide your perceptions rather than your dream world. Your body never lies. If something is bad for you, your body will tell you.

If you don't learn boundaries, then a Venus in Pisces person easily forgets who they are when they're around other people. They become so mutable that they take on other people's qualities. That's the dissolving aspect of Pisces at work. I have learned that this trait can have pros and cons. Sometimes I want to take on admirable traits of others. The challenge is learning how to receive what you want and block what you don't. Over the years I have evolved as a person by being in close relation to really special people. Their gifts and talents passed on to me, and I felt their worlds so deeply that I felt like I was living them first hand. On the other hand, I've also merged with abusers, addicts, and messed up people whose point of view was corrupting and traumatizing. The gift of Venus in Pisces is that no matter what happens to you, you always find your way back to love. There is no shortage of people looking for love in the world, and the fact is that loving people are just nice to be around.

In my opinion Venus in Pisces is strong because love has a powerful healing force on all life when it is used with discernment. It's a soft power, it's a subtle power. People don't see it coming but they are deeply affected and transformed by it. Past lovers have told me that I sneaked into their heart where no one else could. We find people's rough edges and we mold ourselves to them lovingly. I am in the medical field and I find that this nature serves me well, without even trying. So while people might covet something like Mars in Scorpio because it fulfills societal standards of "strong", I think Venus in Pisces channels a sort of divine sacred feminine that all people need underneath their hard exterior.

Anyway, I could go on and on. I have analyzed my Venus for years. The worst time for me was when Neptune transited my Venus in recent years. I had such a hard time telling if relationships were good or bad for me. I fell hook, line and sinker for partners that burned me deeply in the end. The rose tinted glasses thing is a big problem with our setup. But I think in the long run I enjoy having the Venus that I do because of the power of spiritual love it brings to my world.

Horus

Horus, your knowledge of Astrology is commendable.
I would, however, not take into consideration the sign of an outer planet, such as Neptune here. Neptune, completely regardless of its sign, when squaring a personal planet, will colour the energy of that personal planet. You are right, though, that the orb needs to be looked at when looking at how deep that colour (influence) will be. The tighter the orb of an aspect, the more the influence of the outer planet on the personal planet.

Thank you A7k. I don't disagree with any of this except save that the sign is irrelevant. I do believe the sign and the element of outer planets counts for major aspects. When tallying up the elements in a natal chart, I do count the outer planets though they have a lower weight than luminaries or personal planets. And back to astro fundementals: planets are the WHAT, signs are the HOW for every planet and asteroid, and houses the WHERE, so Capricorn is the 'lens' characterizing Neptune for her entire generation of which she is a part.

When an aspect is at the uttermost limit of the orb I use or just beyond it, I have to decide if it's valid and happening. I think it gains more support if it's in-sign and maybe a little more if its in the same decan, and loses support if it's out of sign. The aspects are more than just geometry and proximity (for conjunctions), they express the conflicts between the signs in modality. And of course, I look at it within the context of the whole, and whether it fits the karmic pattern I perceive in the chart.

In this case there may be a more grounded and practical facet to the things encompassed by Neptune with her and the peer group with whom she grew up. See:
http://www.mystarworld.com/content/capricorn_neptune.asp
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Neptune-in-Capricorn-all-about-Capricorn-Neptune.htm
The sign will say something about the nature of that energy delivered via the aspect which is astrospeak for describing one facet of a generational/cultural attitude which matters, which may be in conflict with a personal attitude. It just adds information and possible insight toward the end of discovering what that may be.

Holist

Thanks for commenting this was really nice to read. What profession are you taking up in the Medical Field? I've been thinking about going into the Medical Field. Also you mentioned that you were burned by people. Have any of the bad people ever apologized or realized how good you were to them?

I practice holistic medicine... traditional chinese medicine, herbalism and massage therapy.

Sometimes the people who burned me regretted it later and tried to apologize. Some just moved on and ditched me completely. Others re-surfaced even years later to profess undying love for me.

When I do my synastry with new partners I always look for Neptune conflicts now. My past partners had some doozy Neptune hard aspects with me and it made us completely unrealistic about our relationship, and for them the illusions obviously continued long after I was gone!

Holist

The only thing I feel differently about is: Whilst Venus technically also rules Taurus and Taurus is all about practicality and, being an Earth sign, likes the touch and feel aspect, where you can actually let "your body guard your perceptions", Venus in Pisces is as far away from all that as a sign can be. Venus in Pisces is all about the soul and feeling without boundaries. In order for the native to be a little balance, it would need at least one of the lights in an Earth sign, or Saturn aspects.

I have to agree with you there... Venus in Pisces is very aware of soul level stuff. So while some people are questioning the existence of all those esoteric levels, for us they are a daily reality.

My Sun in Cap really balances out some of the Piscean dreaminess, but I still get swept up in all the stuff I talked about. If I didn't do regular body work, or activities that involved my physicality, I think I would just drift off into the ether. When I was younger it was very easy to do little with my life and let the months slip on by, while I lived in my dream bubble. Fortunately the Cap in me is ambitious and dragged me into the material world a bit!

waterbaby12

My sun, Asc, Venus and Saturn are all in pisces... with all except venus in the 12th house (venus is in the 1st house)... I am very merge merge merge but less dreamy and airy about it more intense as I have my moon, pluto and jupiter all in scorpio in the 8th house. Also mercury and mars in aquarius 11th house are both square my pluto so I am a lot more harsh and explosive

Abby83

My sun, Asc, Venus and Saturn are all in pisces... with all except venus in the 12th house (venus is in the 1st house)... I am very merge merge merge but less dreamy and airy about it more intense as I have my moon, pluto and jupiter all in scorpio in the 8th house. Also mercury and mars in aquarius 11th house are both square my pluto so I am a lot more harsh and explosive

Wow, moon pluto Jupiter in scorpio in 8th does sound explosive :).

ja7me

I feel like having this placement makes me weak...

Hello,

This is a good question. However, I believe your birth chart as a whole reflects your personality and life experiences. Therefore you should not focus on one placement alone.

Below is how I would interprete Venus in Pisces:

Venus in Pisces
You are a very warm, compassionate, and gracious person with a strong need for love and affection; without this you can feel lost. Falling into and out of love may be very common with you. You are attracted to people’s looks and personality, rather than their social status. Your ideal partner needs to be caring and supportive for you to be completely happy.

Because you are so sensitive you often get hurt. You may see your vulnerability as a negative trait (which is why you may be asking this question), but this can be very attractive to some people. Your extreme emotional nature makes it easy to relate to art, poetry, nature, and music. It is possible you have special talents in these areas.

Whatever sign Mars falls in can indicate your level of aggression, and therefore how strong you are. Life experiences make a person strong, so planets that fall in certain houses is also a good indication.

My JKS Astrology Blog has a very usefull Step-by-Step guide to natal chart interpretation, visit my JKS Astrology Blog (website link in signiture) if your are interested. There is lots of free astrology content on there to help you out.

I hope this helps?

Last edited: